How to use lots of eggs

eggs

(Carol Motsinger) #1

What’s your favorite recipe that uses lots of eggs? Not frittatas, I made one over the weekend and do not like the spongy texture the eggs get. My hens are laying about a dozen a day and I have 7 dozen on the counter now. I have been doing scrambled, boiled, fried, and baked. I would love to find a dessert type recipe. I give away 4-5 dz a week at work but they are still piling up.

(Michelle) #2

Can you send them to me?? :smile:

I have read lots of dessert recipes with eggs (namely ice cream, lemon curd) and then I think the cheddar biscuits from Brenda have like 4 eggs per batch.

Hollandaise sauce

(eat more) #4

mayo

deviled eggs your way

do an egg fast? or just use the recipes listed
the snickerdoodle crepes would be on my list

I recently started making my own Hollandaise sauce and I think it’s a great way to use up some yolks.

When I have “extra” eggs for whatever reason, I will often indulge myself and make yolk-only omelettes or scrambled and throw the whites away.

I’ll also put some yolks in my morning coffee, it gives it more of a cappuccino-like frothy texture.

(AnnaLeeThal) #6

The ice cream I make uses egg yolk. Lemon curd is amazing. Cheesecake.

These are simply heavenly. I have to avoid now really because I am sensitive to lactose but they are soooooo good. You can do hot, cold or half frozen as below. Amazeballs!

German Pancakes! Loved these as a kid (but is pure flour, sugar, and eggs) and found this “Paleo” recipe. It works really well, but replace the arrowroot 2tbsp flaxseed meal You could also add a little sweetener or just some sugar free maple syrup or a few berries on top. Hell, or even some whipped cream.

(James storie) #9

Yolk only omelet! Why have I never thought of this? :smile: