Using a lactose-free whey protein isolate on IF?

(Tomasz Gawel) #1

Hi KetoTeam!

Writing during my 4-day fast, but planning ahead for my 18:6 IF journey :smile:

I haven’t found any topic on the use of whey protein isolate.
The obvious issue to me is that we want to avoid excessive amounts of protein, and in my case I would use a lactose-free whey protein isolate that contains 22 g of protein in a serving.
I read somewhere that whey protein should be avoided at all costs, as it spikes insulin. (I guess it was ketogenic-diet-resource.com)

Nevertheless I thought that some of the you folkes that exercise maybe have some experiences and would like to share :smiley: My initial thought was that maybe I could mix it with macademia nuts, MCT oil and sour cream (taste doesn’t really matter :stuck_out_tongue: Will see how it goes after my fast :slight_smile:

Did anyone make an attempt to fix their protein intake with whey protein powders? Any products/recipes?

(Athena) #2

I was going to use whey protein isolate in a recipe, until today, when I found a few posts on it. Here is one of the posts I found:

(Allie) #3

I use whey protein without any problems but use much less than is meant to be used (about a third of a serving). Recently I’m experimenting with hemp hearts in my fat shakes instead of whey, but the taste isn’t great so I’ll either go back to whey or maybe on to egg white powder.