Up the fat.... How?

(Cassandra Higdon) #1

Still new into keto.
The first week I ate crepes (like 700 calories, 80fat, 4carbs) for breakfast everyday. I felt wonderful everyday, and didn’t get hungry until late. No ill side effects (normally I would feel dizzy and sick come 1pm and have to eat something or I thought I’d die lol) so that’s cool.
After a week straight of that, I went to eat my crepes one morning and at first but I felt sick and had to force myself to eat (where I work, I don’t eat until 4pm so if I don’t eat breakfast I’m screwed). And the thought of crepes still sounds just plain awful. Guess I wore them out huh?
Oh and crepes r the only way I have found that I can eat eggs without wanting to throw up (until now obviously lol)

So… What’s something I can eat super high in fat (I think the fat in those crepes made me feel full and I want to keep that feeling!!!) In the morning, that doesnt involve eating a ton of eggs n bacon, that will keep me feeling full all day???
It doesn’t have to be breakfast food, just something yummy lol!!!
Calories don’t matter. Bring them on. Lol

(Katie) #2

How about a fatty coffee or bone broth for breakfast?

(Jen) #3

Once I realized breakfast foods didn’t have to be breakfast foods, my whole world opened up. :slight_smile:

You can have anything for breakfast that you’d have for dinner (meats, cheeses, nuts, veggies, fatty sauces and soups, etc.). Eat a big fatty meal of whatever and you’ll be all set 'til 4!

(Drew Schmidt) #4

So I remember when I met friends on Keto they talked about doing IF and just not being hungry. At the time I was close to 312 at 5’11" and not on Keto and I was constantly eating - mostly carbs. I thought they were crazy! Then about a week into Keto I just wasn’t hungry one morning. I forced myself to eat breakfast and felt terrible - and skipped lunch. Then next day I just skipped breakfast. And didn’t get hungry around till 2:00. I was a little shocked that I was eating at like 6:00 pm, sleeping from 11-6 am. and then not eating till 2:00 pm quite often.

Now - - I just go with the flow. If I’m hungry - I eat. But more often then not I’m eating only between 2pm and 7 pm and I’m fine. I’m not hungry. I’m full. It’s a little hard to get enough macros in during that time…but I feel great. Quite often on the weekends my schedule is different enough that I end up eating a little earlier – but then usually skipping lunch because I’m not hungry.

I tend now to make sure my meals match my macro percentages for the day and just eat when I’m hungry. Which is usually around 1 or 2 and around 6 or 7. Then I’m fine until the next day.

(Cassandra Higdon) #5

I tried the fatty coffee last time I did keto n it definitely doesn’t keep me going. I get dizzy and honey long before 4.:frowning:

(Cassandra Higdon) #6

My problem with just eating whatever… Most things take forever to fix lol!!!
What’s your go to???

(Cassandra Higdon) #7

If I can figure out a meal that will keep me full long enough, I would totally do IF. As it is right now tho I just get super horrible feeling if I don’t eat.

What fatty foods is your go to to help you feel satisfied longer??

(Raj Seth) #8

I start my day with 2 cappucinos - each has 6 oz of espresso (3 doubles), and 6 oz of Heavy Cream (600 calories each). Thats 1200 calories for those keeping track.
1/2 the time I cant have the second one, and have to make do with just one :disappointed:
But either way, that keeps me.

I was going to suggest HWC (heavy whipping cream) in coffee as well. But also, if you like sour cream, cottage cheese or cream cheese. You could always use something to dip it in, light some lower carb fruit such as Raspberries, strawberries, etc. … or with celery? Just some thoughts…

(Charlotte) #10

These meatballs are really simple to make, incredibly tasty, and are delicious cold as well as warm. I usually whip up a batch on Sundays and eat them throughout the week:

https://www.perfectketo.com/keto-meatballs/

I also like to keep some taco meat on hand in the fridge, then make cheese taco shells as desired and fill them with the meat and a bit of sugar free salsa:

Keto overnight “oats” are delicious if you want something sweet, and they’re very customizable with add-ins:

This particular microwave keto bread is a go-to of mine. VERY easy to make, though it does have a couple ingredients you may have to order online or search out at a health food store (but nothing too expensive), and part of what I love about it is that you make a big batch of the dry mixture to keep on-hand, then just mix in an egg and a TB of melted butter when you’re ready to make it. I like to add in some cinnamon and stevia to give it a French toast-ish flavor, and then slice it in half and top each slice with more butter. Sometimes, if I’m feeling fancy, I’ll butter and grill the halves and then top with almond butter or cream cheese:

If I’m especially rushed for time (or even just feeling too lazy to make anything), I’ll sometimes just roll up mozzarella in slices of salami, or spread cheddar with mustard and wrap it in roast beef, or eat celery sticks with (sugar free) blue cheese or ranch dressing, grab some macadamia nuts and olives (if you think you don’t like olives, give castelvetrano olives a chance–they’re super buttery and the flavor is more caper-y than traditionally olive-y). You could even do a green salad topped with a fatty dressing, pumpkin seeds, and crumbled bacon.

Okay, now I’m getting hungry…:grin:

(Edith) #11

There are recipes for keto pancakes that use almond flour. There is also a recipe on this site for pancakes using pork rinds. Both types are very hearty.

(Margie Krebs) #12

I like to fill a pork rind with liverwurst, about three gives me satiety, another favorite is 4 strawberries, chunked and added to two tblspns of cream cheese.

(Roy D Rushing Jr ) #13

I’m probably not much help. All I do is drink coffee with butter and heavy cream. I do drink several cups of it throughout the morning though. The people who drink one cup at 7AM and are good till dinner confuse me. I don’t get hungry because I drink 3-4 cups of the stuff spaced out from 7AM to 1PM. Looking at how much fat that is there’s no wonder that I’m not hungry. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Katie) #14

I mean do the fatty coffee in addition to breakfast foods.

(Cassandra Higdon) #15

So funny, I just got home and am eating meatballs for dinner :joy::joy:
I have tried and love the mug bread!!! I made it the other morning and had bacon egg and cheese sandwiches… It was yumtastic!!! I think I had some keto gravy too :drooling_face:
Been wanting to try the :taco: shells but am too lazy to make them :weary:

(Cassandra Higdon) #16

I have tried a couple recipes for pancakes, the only one I like the taste of is a flax and peanut butter base one. I don’t seem to stay full for long with that, BUT I haven’t tried eating bacon or something like that with it. I think that would probably help. Will def try next time. (I LOVE my keto pancakes man!!!)

(Cassandra Higdon) #17

I only had one coffee before when I tried, maybe I should try having a few of them.
Any ideas on how to make a fatty ICED coffee??? One that I could make a cold thermos and take with me to work? Or just a warm coffee that thw oils won’t separate? If that made sense…??

(Wendy) #18

That’s pretty much me too! Usually don’t eat breakfast except those days I don’t eat dinner. I really don’t see the point of forcing myself to eat. I might tweek what kinds of foods in eating, maybe increase my fats to make sure I’m getting enough calories, but if I’m not hungry my body must not need it.

(Katie) #19

Careful, if the meatballs are store-bought, they often contain bread/wheat.

(Katie) #20

I heard a trick the other day: blend the fat in warm coffee, then add to the iced coffee. Using a blender or immersion stick blender would probably be best.

I have a thermos that locks shut (Cotigo Snapseal), so I can shake the hot coffee with added fats well enough for a fatty coffee, and I do not need to use a blender.