Up the fat.... How?

I regularly add my HWC to either hot coffee or cold brew and stir it w/ a spoon. It may separate a little but it tastes good so I don’t care.

(CharleyD) #22

If they have the SNP for slow caffeine metabolism (like me, as I’ve come to learn), they’ve learned that too much coffee makes them unpleasantly too wired, and that they need to stop even prior to noon in order for the coffee to not impact sleep.

(Katie) #23

Oh yeah, HWC should blend easily with cold beverages, I forgot about that!

(Charlotte) #24

If you make the cheese shells one at a time in the microwave, it’s close to zero effort (and I find they come out crunchier that way than in the oven, actually): put a piece of parchment paper on a microwave-safe plate, put 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese on that, and spread into a circle. Microwave for about 2 minutes (times will vary, but 2 mins is perfect for my microwave), then immediately drape over a wooden spoon suspended between two glasses and let sit for a few minutes to completely harden as it cools (for a taco shell shape), OR just leave flat and break into chips once it cools and hardens. That’s it! :smiley:

(Charlotte) #25

I make super delicious fatty iced coffee every single morning!

First, I make a gallon of cold-brew coffee once a week: put 8 oz of (preferably coarsely ground) coffee in a gallon jug. If you want to make the whole process 100 times easier, first put the coffee grounds in a nut milk bag, essentially making a giant coffee-filled teabag. Fill the jug with cold water (I like to throw in a cinnamon stick sometimes as well), and let sit on the counter or in the fridge for 14-16 hours. If you added coffee grounds directly to the water you’ll need to strain them, but if you used a “tea bag”, just remove it from the jug and gently squeeze it. You’ll be left with a scant gallon of deliciously flavorful iced coffee! It’ll keep in the fridge for about 3 weeks.

Then, each morning, I pour a bit of the coffee into my travel mug and use my stick blender to emulsify it with 1-2 TB MCT oil. Then I add 1-2 TB heavy whipping cream, a few ice cubes, some toffee-flavored liquid stevia, a pinch of sea salt, and top up with more coffee, then give it all a good final stir with a straw. For reference, I use those 30 oz stainless steel travel tumblers for my coffee for a great big cup that I can sip on all morning, and the stick blender fits perfectly to blend right in that cup.

These are the (useful but ultimately not necessary) tools I use:

Thanks for sharing, going do this, sounds fab.

Did the coffee and used idea of cheese “taco” this a.m. with sour cream, stew meat and thick cut bacon on the side. I am hoping to move to 2 meals a day (7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.). Thanks for the ideas, find it much easier to meet fat goals now! Yahoo.

@Chazzam, thanks to all the links to the products on Amazon. I drink a lot of cold brew but buy Peet’s cold brew (Baridi Black) in a bottle. I can make it myself instead. And since I did not have a 1 gallon container, Amazon actually has a cold brew 1 gallon maker that uses a Mason jar base. Can’t wait! :smiley: