UK Low Carb Beer - **3.6g per bottle!**

beer
alcohol

(Rob) #7

Good man! It’s still pretty good at 3.6g per bottle, especially when you’re out in the sunshine working on topping up the old Vitamin D. :slight_smile:

(Vijay Bhakta) #8

I am having trouble finding the Marstons beer in the Preston area.

(Rob) #9

The closest I could find for you is Lytham St. Annes…

Bargain Booze Select Convenience,

8/10 Whalley Place,
Lytham,
St Annes,
FY8 3PU

I’ve bought some from there, so they definitely carry it. It may also be an option to talk to the staff at your local Bargain Booze and see if they can get it in for you.

(Rob) #10

n.b. I have updated the topic title to reflect the revised carb value as found by @Keto_Tom

Awesome!

I tend to buy it online by the box at https://www.classicales.co.uk/Products/Marstons_Resolution/66

Haven’t seen it in a supermarket so far

(Vijay Bhakta) #12

Just posted a thread on carb calculators with a link to a Brewdog recipe book which helps you work out the carbs in each of their beers.

(Frank) #13

I brew all my own and therefore know exactly how many carbs per pint I’m downing. This woe has certainly cut my consumption way down. Abstaining for the month of August as an example.

(Carly Lyczba) #14

Thank you! I’ve ordered a case today, looking forward to trying.

I have a good friend who owns a brewery, small may it be, but he brews excellent beer, and has good sales. . Next time i see him I shall bring up the interest in low carb beer. Watch this space.

(Vijay Bhakta) #16

Nice one. I think a new wave of Brut IPAs have the potential to be low carb. Had one at Brewdog Tower Hill yesterday and according to the OG and FG they quoted, 12oz comes in at 1.7g. If that is true then this would become my new goto. Only problem is, it was a small batch brew they did on site, but later that day I had another from cloudwater so need to check that ones figures.

New top spot for me goes to Brewdog Vagabond. 4.5%, 1g carbs per 100ml, 330ml bottle.

So that’s 3.3g per bottle, plus it’s gluten free! Winner.

(Vijay Bhakta) #18

Is that the Pale Ale ?

Looking at the latest diy_dog (their recipe book), it has an O.G of 1.045 and an F.G of 1.011 which the beer carb calculator (which brewdog pointed me to) shows as 15g Carbs for 340ml (12 fl oz)

Can you post a pic of the front ?

(Andrea) #19

I think it’s the Vagabond, the gluten-free beer. It is rather tasty.

That’s the one, vagabond! It’s an American pale ale

(John A Buckwalter) #21

No one loves beer more than me but according to the literature I’ve read metabolism of alcohol on your liver really sabotages ketosis. I like to have alcohol once in awhile but according to the literature I have read it’ll stop fat burning for 1 and 1/2 to 3 days as long as you know what you’re getting into.

(Vijay Bhakta) #22

Cheers Tom.

I would be very surprised if the carb content was that low for this particular beer. I am a brewdog shareholder and we have a very active forum where I have been initiating discussions around low-carb and no-one has suggested Vagabond as being the answer. I will share both pics and see what the official response back is

Perfect, thanks. It’s always possible they got the carb count wrong on the label…I hope not though!

Let us know what you find out

(Vijay Bhakta) #24

Hey John. Yeah, read that too, but life would be duller without a bit of beer and booze every now and then :wink:

(John A Buckwalter) #25

Agreed

As in it knocks you out of ketosis? I’ve not experienced that, other than when I drink alcohol full of carbs that is. Gin and slim for example… stix still turn purple