Beer Carb Calculator

uk

(Vijay Bhakta) #1

This may be useful to some. There is a website which works out the carbs in any beer if you input in the O.G and the F.G. I had no idea what they were either…

OG/FG- Original Gravity/Final Gravity

When it comes to beer or other alcoholic beverages, gravity (referred to by brewers as specific gravity) has to do with the relative density of the wort at various stages of the fermentation process. OG refers to the specific gravity of the unfermented wort. FG—on the other hand—refers to the specific gravity of the fermented beer. In between OG and FG, some of the sugar in the wort is fermented into alcohol, while the remainder becomes part of the beer’s body (its taste).

Some trivia for you: FG is always lower than OG. Because sugars are converted into both alcohol and carbon dioxide during the fermentation process, the specific gravity reduces. Some sugar is gone, and then alcohol is naturally less dense than water.

I like Brewdog beers, and luckily, they have these details in the “recipe” book which is a free download.

UK Low Carb Beer - **3.6g per bottle!**
(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #2

This is why I drink BigHead Beer, there’s no carbs at all!

Yay Australia.

(Terence Dean) #3

Oh great a beer thread, nice one Vijay!

This is my favourite beer, Hoegaarden wheat beer, made in Belgium. Bloody expensive at $63 a slab of 24, but worth every cent IMO.

(Vijay Bhakta) #4

Beer friend… there is an answer (I hope)

Brut IPA… had one at a brewdog bar in London and asked them about the OG and FG. They gave me figures which when I put in the website showed 1.7g carbs per 12iz/330ml can. This for a lovely dry hazy IPA.

I had another later on, this time a Brut IPA from cloudwater brewery which was just as good. Will message them for the OG,FG too.

Anyone else come across the Brut range ?

(Fraser Bonnett) #5

Will they ship to the US? :slight_smile:

best I can do here is Budweiser Select 55 1.9grams of carbs

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #6

I do not know, I am sure you could find some!

If you have a lot of weight to lose, I would avoid all alcohol especially beer. Have one when you hit your goal weight!

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #8

I drink Corona Lite. It is 5 gms of carbs per bottle, so I can only have one or two, depending on how many grams of carbs I had that day. I also buy Budweiser Select 55 or Miller 64 when I can find it. I live in the US and when it comes to low carbs beers, it’s slim pickings.

what about holsten pils when i scan the label says no carbs, that seems strange, what do anyone else think ?

(Vijay Bhakta) #10

2.6g per 100ml according to this

thought it was too good to be true.

(Pat) #12

I also drink Big Head but I can’t get myself off the wine. Do you know or does anyone know if there is a supplement or something to help with cravings for alcohol?

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #13

The only thing I can think of is likening it to eating sweets and then brushing your teeth.

I don’t really like wine, I’m a very limited alcohol drinker as I don’t like the taste of alot of it so above is my only suggestion I am sorry!

(Pat) #14

Yes that would work. Australia is a land of drinkers and I Didn’t drink that much before we came here. People would call around with a beer at 5pm!
Thanks

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #15

5pm is really late, man lol
Friday Drinks at Work starts at 4, OH LOOK, IT’S 4 ;D

(Pat) #16

You’re an Auzzie! Me too now…

(Pat) #18

:expressionless: