Twelve Days of Carnivore!

(Daisy) #362

I’m obsessed with liver pâté if you haven’t noticed from my platters :joy:. I had gotten used to eating frozen raw beef liver, but then I went to goat liver (which was delicious) and now I lost my taste for beef. I need to get my hands back on some goat liver…

(Daisy) #363

Today’s eats: burgers and hollandaise, cheesy, buttery scrambled eggs, broth, lots of cheese and pepperoni/salami, broth, pork rinds and cinnamon vanilla mascarpone.
image image

I have been so snacky (on purpose) the last few days, but I ate through most of what I wanted to eat through and tomorrow I want to clean things back up.

You always have very aspirational and appealing carnivore boards!

I am happy for you! I only use facebook for my zero carb forums which I participate, but other than that no way and if my zc forums fizzled out, I would also delete it all LOL

I don’t do organ meats, I tried, just no draw to them. But so many eat them and love them :slight_smile: Experiment away!! Alot of people cut liver into very small cubes and freeze and pop a few just to get liver into their body for the nutrients. Alot of options on organs for you!

------------------good carnivore morning

food yesterday was

1.25 lb. NY strip steak
1 lb. jumbo shrimp
6 oz lobster

I was rearranging my chest freezer and found 1 little pack of 2 lobster tails, 3 oz each I bought on sale a while ago…score…ate them babies up and they were decent. Worried in freezer too long but ok for sure. Delish. Wish I had more LOL

All going fine in zc land. Just skipping along.

(Vic) #366

Variety of fresh noth sea fish.
Had some cod liver with that on the side

(Karen) #367

Well after two long shifts at work its good to be off for a few days. I always have to take stuff to work thats easy to pack so end up over eating cheese. I also took pre cooked chicken fillets with a nob of butter and grated cheese to re heat in microwave. Same both days.

Suffered a little with indigestion and massive case of the burps which I think was the cheese I had bought. I hate it when you buy a cheese and its nice then when you buy it again its yuk and this is what happened when I got last lot of cheese. I have bought Lidls brand this time and took a bit with me yesterday alongside the yukky stuff and what a difference. Still burpy though.

Still have a cooked beef short rib left in fridge which I have had a small piece of this morning with some streaky bacon and melted cheese and will finish off the last of the rib this afternoon.

Note to self don’t let eyes be bigger than stomach when buying the ribs. I saw the massive ones and couldn’t resist but have struggled to eat it all. I will go back to buying the smaller ones instead.

Double the amount of posts to catch up on but as i am waiting for the insulation guys to arrive have plenty time on my hands to catch up.

Maintaining the carnivore woe and still enjoying it. Will pop to butchers tomorrow and pick up some fresh meats and put in my order for the Xmas period. Not sure whether I will be at my daughters new house as she moves tomorrow, or whether they will eat with me. Unfortunately I won’t be able to see my son as he lives in a care home 24/7… not seen him since the start of the first lockdown but have to abide by the carehones safe covid rules :pensive:

Great report K!

Sorry on the lockdown and no visits etc. It is maddening for so many families. My bestie has her 96 yr old MIL in rehab/nursing after a surgery for compacted bowel and that was darn near 8 months ago and lockdown hit and ugh…they can only call but are allowed to ‘chat thru her window’ if wanted. So many tough times for all!! Hugs!!

(Karen) #369

It is a very sad and tragic time for so many with families in care homes and hospitals. My son is 35 Yr old who is autistic. He wouldnt understand if I just popped to see him through the fence or gate. He always expects to ho out in the car somewhere . It would really unsettle him. He doesnt communicate very well so i can’t just call him and chat but i send him emails to let him know i am thinking about him. I will drop the Xmas pressies off a couple of days prior to xmas day.

You are doing all you can K for his comfort thru his situation. That is the strength it takes and you are doing what is best for his situation for sure!!! While harder on you and I know that, I also know you should find some comfort in the best action way for him to hold strong also thru this time. Loved what ya wrote!

(Karen) #371

Thanks . Decisions have weighed heavy over the past 8 months. I am sure he is fine and probably quite content its me that is having to deal with feelings of guilt. Support is always appreciated . Xx :heart:

Yup and thru those texts you guys do you have contact and know his feelings and situations that he is facing and if he is calm and ok, then girl you go right along with it but send those texts to him all chipper and happy as he expects…we are always our own worst critics and being overly tough on ourselves thru things we can not control never helps anyone truly, but in the end it sounds like you guys are actually doing ok and thrilled about that part of it!!

(Karen) #373

Yep we will get there and hopefully it won’t be for too much longer. He gets help as to what to put in the emails and sometimes they do sound like they have been dictated. But they hone keep me updated on how he is.

He has been bit of a pain about getting the flu jab and the hone won’t force the issue. Me, i would take him to the docs and tell him he’s having it lol, no messing. So with that in mind they are not sure how he will be about the covid vaccine. I may have to intervention and make him have it. I am always on hand for them when they need me to assist but difficult times. They are hoping to get the tests that take 30 mins for a result and then I will be able to go and sort him out. :wink:

I get reminded Covid is really hard on some people and not even everyone understands it…
I have it so, so easy. And still I had so very much enough.

Alvaro is better and better but all the problems are still there, just smaller. He walked 5km today and he was tired, not in pain afterwards! Yay!

I made photos. And if I made these, I ate some without hunger. Not right for Zornfast, I always try to wait for hunger then but I had something almost-hunger before and surely would have had it later (insert correct tense here, I have no idea, it was my big weak point in English), just not after all the cooking. So I ate around 6pm, not much, maybe I will eat more a bit later. The only way to ensure OMAD with 100% is eating lots of carbs and sweets so be it, no OMAD, it’s fine. I will wait for hunger tomorrow.

dec17_pancakes

As you see, I bought eggs (in fog, mud and everything. but there wasn’t rain… we just don’t have sunshine lately)!
Chicken soup with poached eggs, pork shoulder something (it’s almost a proper Hungarian stew with sour cream but without the onions. this is the whole stuff I made, I cut off these pieces from the usual 3 pound slab while it was still almost frozen), scrambled eggs with 30g bacon and sour cream, the usual cheeses, that disappointing sausage, one day I will run out of it… And some vegetables (I didn’t eat the radish but isn’t it pretty? the baby pepperoni is sometimes I am not used to, Alvaro totally loves them and he can eat them in proper amounts, they are too spicy for me. but one now and then is fine). I wasn’t the first one to include non-vegetarian items I even ate so it should be fine :smiley:
And on the other plate, my pancakes. One filled with quark, sour cream and dill, one with camembert and one with nothing at that point and I put mascarpone with vanilla and instant coffee in it later.

Alvaro ate his chicken leg for lunch, I start to think it would be better if I put 3 chicken legs into the oven at the same time, 2 for me… It is always a bit sad when I ate up my meat and Alvaro still have a lot :smiley: Not so much today as I have my pork but I want more fowl thighs (I would have bought some but the butcher’s shop is closed around noon for hours and I happened to be there then). Turkey and duck is fine (and cheap) too.

I had a Walmart delivery today. That means ribeye OMAD. :blush: But! My ribeye was completely trimmed of fat! The best part. :pensive:

Butter heroically came to the rescue. I am not a bacon eater these days because it is a little more salty than I can eat with enjoyment. *NTS: Buy low sodium bacon and salt to taste.

Did not buy decaf after all. I had one cup of joe. I smoked from the ages of 16 and 30. When I decided to quit I just quit. No step down. When I was a heavy drinker when I decided to quit I just quit. Carbs same.

Why is coffee such a Big Bad? Why am I afraid to just quit? Aside from those lovely blinding headaches we all know and love.

I have begun reading “Strong Medicine” by Blake E. Donaldson MD free online. It was written in 1962 by a doctor who prescribed steak and water for overweight patients. I LOVE the old-school ness of it. Old Dr. Blake won’t try to sell me any electrolyte powders or “ancestral supplements.” :sweat_smile:

Ribeye sales pops up even here sometimes… I always give up seeing the prices… I am fine without it. But I will try it one day. I am in no hurry.
I obviously will need the fattiest one possible… I don’t know how fatty ribeye is, it looks nice in pictures, I guess it’s just right!

Beef tenderloin is about 35-45 times as expensive as chicken thighs on sale…
Sometimes I wonder about prices in other countries, I know some parts of the world have way more expensive eggs and chickens…

Oh, coffee, indeed. I get reminded I wanted to stop… Then I remind myself that I don’t even try anything for a while (except OMAD)… I had too much stress and now I chill.
Still, that 2 weeks with 2 coffees in total had some effect. I don’t drink coffee all the time… I have tea and if my throat can handle, water too… :wink: It will be fine and I will try harder later. Not in 2020.

If you don’t have coffee all the time, no worries.
I absolutely have to have it in the morning. It is an addiction.
And I want to be free of it.

Plus, I could buy 4 pounds of ribeye with the cost savings!

(Vic) #378

Its not fine sweet Shinita, you sound like a shugar addict.
The pancakes, you don’t need that sheit. Its hurting you. Be kind to yourself, eat real food.

Here is my dinner, doesn’t it look better than “lots of carbs and sweets” ?

I am no sugar addict, probably never was as it was very easy to stop eating (added) sugar a decade ago. It’s quite rare I get curious and eat something despite the sugar I very much dislike. December is my worst month regarding that.

I didn’t talk about sugar. I mentioned carbs and sweets. I pretty much avoid the inferior sugary sweets. This is one thing all my parts are in agreement - except my curiosity but it’s no big deal.
Low-carb sweets are way better so I choose them. And now carnivore ones as keto sweets aren’t good for me now. Things keep changing :slight_smile:

My pancakes are very good carnivore ones, if it’s not real food, I can’t imagine what it is. I dislike the whole-something stuff where ingredients doesn’t matter, even a pure egg is junk food if you call it on another name and they think it’s wrong. So my sponge cakes would be junk food despite being 100% eggs. How stupid!
I lost the real need for sweets after carnivore but they are still helpful. I still have dessert pancakes just like salty pancakes as in my whole life.

The second plate is nice, I eat similar stuff myself, among others. I (usually) hate “lots of carbs and sweets”, wasn’t it clear…? I suppose not. It is merely the only sure way for me to do OMAD under every circumstances (except carb poisoning but then OMAD is no challenge). (Once I was adamant at doing OMAD for a Zornfast so I ate carbs. Once. Someone one has some strange ideas, I had enough of not doing OMAD, it is very very good for me, usually. Not all the time, that’s probably not for me but when I do it, it’s great and helpful.) It’s true and very logical to me. My carni meals are smallish sometimes.
But fortunately I don’t want to do OMAD no matter what (expect that ONE time. I decided it’s not a good idea but I have no regrets, I did it pretty well so I felt good).
So nope, I don’t go there if possible.
What is the problem then?

For some reason, today I made a nice carnivore(-ish. yep, I ate about 1.5g plants because I can and enjoyed the hell out of them) OMAD unless I get hungry later but right now I have nausea and I regretted eating anything. Stupid photo, tomorrow I won’t eat without a need… :smiley: (But it was almost 6pm and I developed a very very rational fear of eating too late. It messes up things. And I almost never can pull off a proper fasting day. I get hungry. Maybe at 2am but I do. So I must eat. And it’s better at 6pm when I have Alvaro and all that nice carni food I prepared around me.)

I don’t want to track but my day had about… I would guess, 8-10g carbs? From this, 8-10g from eggs and sour cream and mascarpone and less than 1g from non-animal stuff. It’s absolutely perfect in my books. Actually, I could eat some fruit (1g carbs or less. sugar but I can handle it) and still would be very happy with myself. But no need, not now, at least.

Tomorrow I either don’t eat (very unlikely. more like no chance, I will go shopping, walk a lot and today was lower-cal) or I will wait for true hunger and I will be very ready. I have lots of pork, all the eggs I want and if eating enough will be a problem, I will have sweets, of course. After the first weeks of December it’s hard to avoid anyway and why would I? Sweets are cool. I never ever tried to keep myself from that and I definitely won’t start in the near future.
(I just normally feel little desire towards them on carni but as I do OMAD for very good reasons now, they will be used as tools, desire is unneeded though welcomed. But joy is more important and even that isn’t absolutely needed. Only eating a proper meal without force is needed. So I will eat whatever I can but I will have many options, I make sure about it.)

(Vic) #380

Carbs are shugars, same thing.
If your pancakes are omlets, no grain flour used then I 'm wrong, sorry.

Shugar addiction and carbs addiction are the same thing.
Plants with or without added shugar are nothing but a whole lot of shugar with water.

Okay, I write a short one as I should.

You misunderstood, they are carnivore (enough to me, at least).

:slight_smile: