Twelve Days of Carnivore!

(Vic) #342

@Shinita
The pictures look beautiful and very tasty.
Looks like a perfect healthy day of carnivore food.

I dont think I ever had any of those. Not even shure if they are sold in the supermarket here.
It looks way to processed for my liking.
No thank you, junk food,

Your picture looks closer to what the UK calls ‘pork scratchings’. We get pork rinds, usually sold here as ‘pork crunch’ - but they’re not quite as common.

(Daisy) #344

Pork rinds are hyper palatable, so I definitely overeat them. I’ve fallen in love with 4505 and Epic brands… :heart_eyes:

Today’s food was burger patties, liver pâté, broth, pepperoni/salami and cheese and eggs. and then fried chick roast/fat.

OMAD Carnivore done Fast and Cheap!

3.12 USD per day. 1825 calories. 150 grams fat 110 protein.

And now with 100 percent less Decision Fatigue!

Just scrambled up 3 eggs and 7 bluetail tiger prawns for breakfast. It’s just after 7:30pm. Running on one morning cup of coffee. Have Atlantic salmon as next course with some chicken liver pate.

Just enjoyed this podcast yesterday driving back from the city.

(Edith) #347

Yup! This episode, along with the one with Leigh Broadhurst has me getting more seafood in my diet.

(Vic) #348

Ground beef, lamb and porkpork
Eggs and shrimps.

For dessert foie grass patè

:+1: I love this, when ya hit that easy, cheaper meal that satisfies and the work effort was not that much! Cool!

And you calling yourself a ketovore during the holiday season! LOL
not a plant among that delish plate of food, love it!! It is great knowing you can go ketovore a bit if needed but in the end, the old carnivore plan keeps calling your name :sunny: Beautiful food pic!

@Ketodaisy, great food pics as usual!!

@FrankoBear, cool, will check out the podcast!! thanks

------------good carnivore morn

food yesterday was

1 lb. steak
2 big country style pork ribs
1 cheeseburger patty

my post is on repeat! All going great in my zc plan and feeling very well thru the holiday time! Just doing my thing :sunny:

Everyone hold carnivore, fab eating, great benefits and good health are what you receive :partying_face:

Seafood sounds awesome to me now… But I get reminded I actually have fish… I thought I have no lean options, just fatty and way too fatty ones but nope.
As I run out of eggs and there is bad weather with the worst headache ever, I won’t spend more than 2 hours to get some. I plan to do it tomorrow.
So I eat a little this, a little that.
I ate an egg (and still have a boiled one), bacon, some cheese, 9g hard and not even tasty sausage, a piece of pork chuck, sour cream and chicken soup for my little lunch. It was a bit too fatty but still okay. It’s good I do only carnivore-ish as I needed some raw veggies with all that fatty stuff now. Just a few thin slices of this and that :slight_smile: But I can’t do this for my bigger meal. Maybe I open a can of tuna to balance out the bacon. Bacon without eggs is even more pointless than with eggs… I don’t like bacon but it’s variety and sometimes a tiny bit is fun.

Today’s OMAD same as yesterday’s OMAD. It probably won’t change for a while.

I deleted my Facebook account yesterday and I feel like I lost 1000 lbs.

I am reading “The Molecule of More” (another book about dopamine.)

Question:

Who here eats organ meats? And why or why not?

(Edith) #352

I eat about an ounce of liver every other day just to make sure I’m getting a full range of vitamins and minerals.

I eat my ounce of beef liver raw. I can’t stand the taste or consistency of it cooked, but it’s not too bad raw. :woman_shrugging: I eat chicken livers as pate. That’s it for my organ adventure so far.

Ah! This is news I can use!

I have been reading lots of ZC testimonials, and observing a strong aversion to liver. (Reflected in our general population)

I like your moderate approach, (and minimal prep!)

(Vic) #354

Chicken, bacon and carnivore ice cream.

The tomatoes are not for me

Me, me! Chicken and pig liver as those are the easiest to get. Liver is popular here, very common food.
It’s cheap, interesting, tasty, soft, good for various purposes :smiley: Adds variety.
I tried turkey liver and disliked it.

I plan to buy some pig liver tomorrow.

I don’t care about the others but heart is okay I guess. But liver is funnier. I very much liver and my life goal to get and try the liver from many various animals. Emu, lamb, and so on.

So I fry 1 kg chicken liver sometimes and we eat it in some days (maybe I can store a bit in the freezer but 1 kg isn’t a big amount for two). Then a few weeks later I repeat.
I am not very experienced with pig liver yet but I liked it last time. It’s so odd, whenever someone else makes it, I dislike it. Too hard or bitter or burnt… But if I make it, that’s soft and tasty. I must be a natural as I fried pig liver exactly one time in my whole life.
(But maybe I never can repeat that, who knows… I hope I will.)

And I tried goat lungs and it was totally awful… Never again.

The chicken organs were fine.

(Vic) #356

I see the funny part of it :smile:
I’m the worst ketovore imaginable it seems, in one week I’m good for 50gr of mushrooms, thats an impressive 0,25gr of carbs.

But I feel unrestricted, if need to nible on a vegetable at a party, I can.

In the US there is a significant aversion to organ meat. I am this many years old before I had even heard of
Goat Lung as a meat, it hadn’t even occurred to me before. That is so interesting!

(Vic) #358

Same here, never had it on my plate, like to try it

(Edith) #359

My mother loved liver. I think she make it once a month, and she would make my brother and me eat it. Let’s just say that my napkin really liked the liver and happily helped me “eat” it. Lol.

I now know that she really overcooked it. I have made beef liver with bacon and onions. I know to quickly cook the liver so it’s still pink in the middle. With the bacon and onions it’s actually not that bad, but as a carnivore, the onions are out, especially in the quantity I need them to be with the liver.

It seems to have a milder flavor raw. I freeze it in one ounce pieces and then eat the piece while it’s frozen.

One of these days I will try kidney. It is almost as nutritious as liver but supposedly better for people with histamine trouble. I do have an issue with its smell. It does have a urine odor to it.

I have frozen calf’s liver in the freezer. I will try it your way, raw and frozen sounds perfect.

Yes, I have heard about that. But liver is pretty normal food here.
Many people like tripe too - I never tasted it and I like it that way… I have limits.
I love blood, that’s great, very fun and tasty and hard to get.
And there is rooster testicles stew, that’s normal food here too… I never ate that either.
If one buys a whole chicken/hen/rooster, it has everything included, guzzard is pretty fun, I like it but I would never buy it in big amounts. I can buy precious liver with that money! Or chicken thighs. Those are my favorites and I like the bony parts except the lower one with the breast, ew.

We bought half a young goat once and it included all the organs (others didn’t want them so we got a whole set). Of course we tried it all, we are curious. Only the lung was totally horrible.

I don’t (I mean the quickness) though it depends the method I guess… And I never could get beef liver (I am so curious about it though). The last bunch took 80 minutes and it was pink in the middle, tender and great (whole chicken livers, 1 kg, in the oven). For some reason, if I make liver, that takes ages… Except is I use a little amount in a pan. My pig liver took maybe 20-30 mins? And it was so tender, I always thought pig liver is hard as I only ate it that way…

With bacon? I never tried it with bacon! Thanks for the idea, I will try it next time! While I still have bacon. Once I found some really tasty bacon (not expensive either, hmmm) but I almost never go near that hypermarket… But it will happen eventually.

I have just had my 3rd meal. Considering I barely ate all day, I probably needed it. I still have no idea how to eat adequate protein and some people think it’s the way to go… I definitely went over my needs only with the meat in my 3rd meal. And I had cheese and egg and whatnot.

I probably shouldn’t eat this late (but I couldn’t avoid it now)… My satiation sign goes to sleep around 8pm or something and I can’t get satiated afterwards and it’s annoying as I am not good at stopping eating just because I already ate a ton.
But maybe it’s the chicken. It works during the day though. I need more experiments.

So I ate another from those big full chicken legs with the pelvis and leftover chuck. My meat aversion is nowhere to found, that’s good in these almost eggless days. I don’t think I have nutrition problems now.
And indeed, my usual magnesium problems on keto (carni included if I eat little meat and that wasn’t the case lately except for a while) disappeared again. I don’t supplement anything since the beginning of November.
I have no idea about my salt intake, probably the usual one teaspoon per day as I eat way less smoked pork than before when I had to depend on them as meat. So that’s perfect too.

Oh, something new happened today. It seems I can’t use the pretty nice bbq spice in my chicken soups anymore. It makes my soup annoyingly sweet (it has some onion and garlic powder. not much, it’s mostly pepper and salt as far as I know… mustard seed too. and I used it sparingly… but it was clearly sweet). Oh well, I made good chicken soup with salt only before and I can use pepper if I really want… I will keep using the bbq spice in my liver dishes when I will miss the onion. But that need goes down too. Liver is nice all alone (well, with salt and fat) but as I always ate it with lots of onion as a kid (and its sweetness went very well with the mild bitterness of the liver), it was strange without it first.

I am all ready for Zornfast now. I had enough of eating difficulties lately, if I would have any other option than trying to stay close to carnivore, I would have thrown the towel in already. I am so good at not eating the “holiday season fruits” (they were always very important for me in December) but sweets are strong now for various different reasons. It makes little sense as I can have my carni sweets and they are superior but it’s still not easy for me now, no matter what I do (as I wrote in the Zornfast thread, I went beyond my stress quota for this year, pretty much, actually and I don’t try hard anything. but I want to feel good.)
OMAD is supposed to help. Or TMAD but eating late messes up things. It’s so insane, I can’t eat during the day and some hours later I get unsatiable, what logic is that?
I buy eggs tomorrow, I can’t overeat them… If I eat a decent amount of meat, some cheese and 10 eggs, I can’t imagine I will be still unsatiated… But if I will be, so be it, I don’t care, I want peace already…
If I get the hang of things, I will try not to blow it again :slight_smile: This is no fun. But it’s December. I am never good at December but this year I am in very bad shape.

Tomorrow will be a new day, I want sunshine, pig liver, eggs and festivity! (And a distinct lack of headache.) We still didn’t decorated the house… I was in no mood for it. But I will do it tomorrow.