Twelve Days of Carnivore!

(Daisy) #321

Here are some meals from the last couple days. There has been a lot of snacky foods not shown of processed meats and cheeses. I went to a party Saturday and did eat one small off plan food but it was by plan, so no regrets (it was a couple of small dried figs. I always wanted to try a fig and had them in my cabinet, so I added them to my meat and cheese tray so I could try it and share it. Worked out perfectly). Otherwise it’s been all carnivore, but not ideal foods or meal timing. I’ve been enjoying them though. Anyway…

image image image image

(Vic) #322

That all looks delicious.

What is confusing? I do what I can. Reaching my goals? Nope, I definitely run in the opposite direction lately but I couldn’t do anything about that. I don’t feel I have a wide range of options. Right now I can’t help but do carnivore(-ish). Just like before I couldn’t help but not doing it (I still should have done it better but that wasn’t realistic). It will be fine eventually, I am somewhat pleased with my year eating wise, far from great but I came a long way. 2021 will be way better I am sure. I need to lose some trigger foods. I need to be a better hedonist. It’s very annoying when I eat something that I don’t really desire and don’t need. Even bigger amounts happen. I must stop doing that.

Yesterday I was unwell and barely ate but it was a carnivore-ish day (animal stuff and 1g fruit, I am perfectly okay with that in December). I managed to eat 20g meat (all processed) but now I have all the roasted pork chuck. Less than a pound for 2 and probably for multiple days so I roast some chicken legs too :wink:
It’s nice to be back, I feel much better today, I just can’t stand this gloomy weather. There is a huge difference between no sunshine and almost no light. It’s kinda dark in the house and it’s daytime. But I still plan to make photos today. I can’t take a photo of my meals exactly (or even vaguely) as I have no idea what I will eat and how much when I start eating but I can show the options.

There will be fish on sale in the village shops (almost all belong to the same chain). Including one that Alvaro was curious about but we never could get it for some reason. I looked up some fish recipes (I almost never eat fish so I need to learn more) and I am looking forward to try them out!

(Vic) #324

You’re about 800gr short there to call it a carnivore day.
20gr meat and 1gr fruit is fasting or not eating.

I eat 1000gr of meat products every day

(Vic) #325

Pork for lunch.
For dessert I had half a beef steak leftover from yesterday

I love that Vic, for dessert I had half a beef steak! yum :slight_smile:

KD, your pics are fab as usual…you sure make a meal look so great on your cutting board plate!!

------------food yesterday was

1 lb steak first thing and it was delish.

few slices of bacon

3/4 of a full rack of pork ribs…got a small 1/4 left of it to finish off today. They were so yummy

Just zipping thru Dec in good carnivore form :slight_smile: All going well and feeling very stable and a bit calmer with all the ‘family food crap’ and more that is flying around out there. So far so good…in a good head space on my eating plan.

wow tho guys, we are 15 days in and definitely ticking this month off fast I think :slight_smile: Solider on great everyone!!

I have been doing beef-water-salt-coffee since the 1st.

It is working.

Lots of NSV, but this morning an SV. I had been at 140 for a month and finally broke that plateau. 138.8. :pray:

Sleeping from 9 pm to 4 am. Still drinking two cups of coffee per day. :woman_shrugging:t2: I am gonna switch to decaf next Walmart delivery.

(Ashley) #329

Honestly it doesn’t matter, mostly carnivore is better than junk food. Sometimes we do what we have to do given our circumstances, don’t sweat it @Shinita

(Edith) #330

I’m feeling better now having added my supplements back in. It’s possible I was going through an oxalate dump. But if that was the case, magnesium and calcium citrates are supposed to help with that anyway.

Yesterday I learned not to pig out on pork rinds for an afternoon snack. I was hungry and didn’t want a meal since we were ordering dinner to celebrate the end of the semester for my daughters. I polished off almost an entire bag.

By the time dinner came I did not feel well: a little nauseous and headache. I ate dinner anyway, and I’m glad I did. I felt back to my normal self afterwards.

I’ve gotten off most of the processed/aged meats since starting the challenged. I guess pork rinds are the next to go.

:raised_hands:t2: Edith!

Pork rinds don’t feel so good when one really attends to the sensation in the stomach. The brand I used to buy says the ingredients are “Pork Skins, Salt” and leave out the frying agent.

It could be anything. Soybean oil for all I know? Peanut oil? Maybe lard, maybe anything.

:partying_face::+1::partying_face:

very happy for you Ella…just holding plan and eating well and enjoying all those good health benefits, all of the sudden the body responds and starts more weight loss for us thru our internal health leading us just to that! :hugs: Cool, you keep on going!!

yes I can relate. I also hold off if going out or a big meal I don’t want to eat ‘too early’ then I carnivore graze thru the house and in the end, ugh on the guts LOL We ZC people are so better off just eating a big meal and say pfffttt to holding off and getting into pain in the butt grazing snacky times. Done it many times, but ya know, never with pork rinds, I never liked them, I can eat alot of beef sticks at one time tho HA

(Edith) #333

@Ellacosew, They were fried in lard but did have a seasoning. That could be the culprit. Good point.

Yup. That sounds about right. :laughing:

(Vic) #334

Dinner,
Chicken
Smoked salmon for dessert

Fasting is perfectly carnivore :wink: I don’t eat plants. But I never fast for long and almost never eat this little (I surely had no such day this year except my few 0 calorie days. I can’t really eat little, that’s why I never lose fat - but at least I don’t need to worry about eating too little).
I obviously ate way more than the fruit and meat. I ate cheese, quark, cream and eggs. Just little. I can have a below 1000 kcal day (but not 0) once a year… I don’t do this EVERY year. I think I had 2-3 such low-cal days in the last decade (always after extreme overeating days). I tend to overeat, not undereat. It’s a great thing I ate this little now, my body needed rest. Total fasting would have been better but I am not good with that.

I NEVER force-feed myself ever! :slight_smile:

And I will be VERY careful with my meat consumption now that I am back!
Today I could afford a lot of meat. I never do the same things every day, I have huge differences between my days and it’s normal.

Yay, I make photos!
I felt not well today, I had headache, I almost was hungry too and thought some lunch will help.
Chicken soup with a tiny amount of egg in it and egg sandwiches (the tiny sausage isn’t really good or enough, oh well I tried. the cheese is one I like very much even after overcheesing November) and cheese.
The tiny thing below the eggs is a winter mushroom (raw, for decoration), it is normally bright orange but it’s darker and this photo using the flash might change colors anyway. Oh well.

I only ate half of the eggs and ate another bowl of soup (without the egg this time). I made my soup from chicken legs, way too fatty, I need to get neck or something, that has no skin. But it was good, of course.

Poor chicken legs got another 45 minutes in the oven (after they made the usual 1-hour soup) before we lost patience. So it’s not very red but good enough :slight_smile:

When I “planned” my day today, it seemed half of it should be enough, yeah, sure, I ate it all up.
With some roaster pork chuck (about half of this amount):
chuck

I still prefer my proper photos with sunlight… But I could do only these. The nice fatty parts of the chuck is still so very visible :smiley:

I didn’t track yet, I surely overdid protein like crazy again. But I am used to that and it’s only one day!

It was almost 600g meat (1.3 pounds).

It was a very fine day eating wise, small eating window, all good.
I ate various desserts afterwards, ice cream, sponge cake with coffee flavored mascarpone and quark with sour cream and flavorings. Why wasn’t I not satiated after my meat and eggs and cheese? Too few eggs? The non-satiating chicken?

Tomorrow I focus on eggs, I will buy 40 again unless there will be rain! I ate so few eggs lately and it caused problems.

Today I wondered what are exactly pork rinds… So they just fry the skin itself in some fat?
Here the skin is fried together with a lot of fat tissue (and ideally, meat too. it’s not the most common kind but the only one I like) so it actually produces lots of fat. It’s how lard is made, at least some of it. I always buy that and I find little fried skin+fat pieces in it as surprises :wink: The skin is borderline edible but the fried fat tissue is the real treat! But I prefer it with meat as I wrote. Whenever I fry only the skin, it becomes a bit too hard, leaving more fat on it helps.
It’s a big thing here (and quite expensive. I rather buy meat with that money… it’s too fatty to me unless it’s meaty), it has its own name but it gets translated to pork rinds but it’s not the same at all.

I concur. I would rather have meat too.

(Laurie) #338

@Shinita Pork rinds are usually sold as snacks, alongside potato chips, etc. During processing, the fat and water are removed, then the skins are dehydrated and finally deep fried.

They still retain some fat. 100 grams of plain pork rinds contains approximately 38 g fat, 2 g carbs, and 56 grams protein.

Our thing is over 80% fat according to all the data on the site I use to track… And looking at and eating some… It’s very believable. It IS fatty. This is the normal, not meaty kind, of course.

(Edith) #340

These are the crumbles left over from rendering lard.

Yep. And they are translated to pork rinds (as it’s fried pork skin too just with fat tissue) but they aren’t like those pork rinds, English language probably don’t have a word for it like Hungarian do (we have two, actually, one official and a slightly different one). It’s too big of a thing for us, we must call it somehow.
We don’t have any word for the not very fatty pork rinds as we don’t have those.

But now I know the huge differences, yay.

Head cheeses have smaller differences but ours is still quite different :slight_smile: Even from itself, some contains a ton of “proper” meat, not only from the head. Some doesn’t even have a ton of paprika as it totally should. My sausage and head cheese should be pretty red (especially the sausage, of course. the head cheese is full with big not red chunks but it must be very red between them).

That store-bought head cheese a few weeks ago was okay but not great. I wish for some really good one in the not too far future…