Trying something new OMEOD (one meal every other day)

(bulkbiker) #1

Hi there
Trying to shake things up a bit so decided I would try a 47-1 fasting regime instead of extended fasts which I have done in the past and shorter intermittent fasts which I o every day.
Seems to be working quite well, in the first week I am down about 6 pounds and have had good BS and Ketone scores. Probably lost about 3/4 of an inch around the waist too.
Anyone else tried this?

(Tim W) #2

Have not tried that but I’m curious how it goes. I’m at the point where long fasts won’t be in the cards much longer. I was just talking to my wife about our “next” protocol and your protocol came up, that or eat two days, fast five, things of that nature.

I’ll be curious to see your long term results.

Good luck!

(bulkbiker) #3

Me too… I’m gonna try and do it for a month… well do 3 days fasting 4 days eating per week anyway… we are being a bit too sociable at the moment!
Wil try monday wednesday friday fasting and eating one meal on tuesday thursday sat and sunday.

The only thing that strikes me here is are you eating enough on your OMADs? Quite possibly you are. I struggle to get enough food in when I do OMAD but my restriction with the sleeve dials up a notch at the same time. Megan Ramos was again talking about the importance of feasting on the feast days as being just as valid as fasting on the fasting days. I would be tempted to switch it up three times. Fasting days as is. OMAD Tues and Thurs and then more food at the weekends??? 3 different patterns. Then throw a spanner in the works and do a full feast weekend, two day fast OMAD, one day fast.

Just eat enough on your feast days that’s all.

(bulkbiker) #5

Yesterday had 2987 calories 87% fat.
Avocado and belly pork mainly…
clotted cream and raspberries with double cream for pud
I have recently started measuring everything and recording a detailed food diary.
There’s little chance of me not eating enough never fear!

Oooooh. I do adore pork belly.

(bulkbiker) #7

This was chinese roast with crispy fat from the asian supermarket…another of the joys of being in the UK… mmm

Oh totally drooling now. I used to have the most wonderful belly just like that at a Chinese resto in Bangkok with my dad. Sooooooo good. One day we went and the gas had gone off or something - you want something else or wait? WAIT!

(bulkbiker) #9

Its one of my top 10 as well

(bulkbiker) #10

First weeks results… down just under 9 pounds and now fitting in shorts that were tight a couple of week ago… looks like this is ok for me! Yippee

(Sascha Heid) #11

I feel inspired by this thread.
Tomorrow i will have pork-belly.
Love belly, sometimes even more then steak.

(John) #12

What does your fast consist of, water fast?

(bulkbiker) #13

No I drink tea with lactofree milk( less carbs than reg milk in the UK) and coffee with double cream (again UK more fat than HWC). I have recently started measuring everything so on my fasting days I consume between 400 and 600 calories all in the milk and cream mainly depending on the amount of coffees I have (each one has 133.5 cals 14.3g of fat 0.8g of carbs 0.5g of protein).

(Cathrine Helle) #15

I’m currently doing something very similar. Once or twice a week I’ll just have water, coffee or some buttered broth. The other days I’ll do alternate one or two meals. I still feel hungry the days I don’t eat at all, but I suspect it’s mostly in my mind. What I love about this tho is the flexibility of it. Every week is different, and my IF can easily be fitted to my schedule. It also limits the time I have to spend preparing food, as I eat about half the meals I usually do. And when I do eat, I really appreciate the meal :slight_smile:

(Deb) #16

I do a similar protocol and am down 13 lbs. Have to buy all new clothes. Geez. Such a tragedy.

that’s close… the only reason I didn’t do this after omad was that I wanted to not have to think about the time, but this is perfectly valid :slight_smile:

well done! kickin arse!!!

i am in my second “day” of doing omeod and I would suggest to you the following to avoid feeling hungry on the days you don’t eat, don’t do the coffee and bone broth thing, i think it stimulates the body and kind of whet’s the appetite try doing only water and at most maybe half a cup of herbal tea that has no sweetener or any calories of any sort and no caffeine I think you will find that you don’t get hungry… just thoughts let me know if you try it :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #20

Just so you know, you’re replying to posts from 2017 :slight_smile:

for me it’s water, but there are also clean fasts (not breaking your ketosis generally things without calories) and dirty fasts and everyone is different on these things…