Tired but in ketosis

newbies

(Rachel) #1

Hello. I’m not super new to this I did it way back in the 90s when I found a book on blood sugar and how it affects our weight. I am however 30 lbs overweight due to a baby and work stress and sitting at my desk all day. I just started this journey again and I’m in my forties so it is way harder than when I was 21. I have three kids. They are twenty years apart. Just had my last a year ago. So my metabolism is shot. Got blood work done and my b12 was high but all else was perfect. So now here I’m having no one to blame but me for getting overwhelmed with the my weight. I am on day 10 of my journey. Eating healthy fats getting up and going to the gym for an hour every morning. Scale not really moving but just feel like a zombie. Weird not tired just blah. I’m in moderate ketosis and not really hungry. Can I do anything to get my energy up. Got some mct oil. Had some bowel issues but good now. Doing that in the morning to make it through workouts.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2

Hi!
I’m 39, and just had my last baby 16 months ago. (I also have a 9yo, 6yo, and 3yo). How are you doing on water and electrolytes? Don’t stress on getting exercise in just yet, especially as you are adapting again. In fact, it might be better to just hold off on them. At this point, don’t even worry about the scale moving. Also, how are you measuring for ketosis?

And, for reference:

(Rachel) #3

Thank you. Using ketostix the urine test. I’m not one for blood testing. I love exercising so want to do both but think I may need more salt or electrolytes like you mentioned. Maybe get some pedialyte and see if that perks me up:). Exciting to start this again. I lost 45 lbs and kept it off until I was 36 from 23 years old doing Keto. It doesn’t seem as though my body is responding as quick this time but I don’t want to quit. Going to stick it out for sure.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #4

That’s likely to have lots of sugar. You can make your own: