Third Day Brain Fog and Moodiness - Need Encouragement!

newbies

Hi there! After researching keto for months and constantly being unhappy with my body weight/composition, I finally dove into keto on Monday. Day three and I’m proud I’ve made it this far! I’ve dropped 3 lbs, which I’m sure is just water weight, but it’s still encouraging considering nothing I’ve done before has moved the scale AT ALL.

My problem is that I am at work right now and I CANNOT FOCUS. I feel extremely out of it, annoyed at everyone, and also like I might cry any minute. This is unusual for me. Any tips?

Thanks in advance! Glad to be part of this community.

(Frank) #2

I believe it was day 3 or 4 for me when I said to myself that there is absolutely no way that this can be good for me if I’m feeling this way. I watched a few videos on Keto flu, had some salt, took a walk, and it has been smooth sailing for the most part since then. You’re putting your body under quite a bit of stress by switching fuels. This isn’t easy for most people. Trust in the process and you’ll come through on the other side healthier as a result.

(Lisa marie t) #4

I have brain fog bad from depression or med. Like literally feel like empty brain n I hate it. I’m broken but being on keto has helped me a lot I’m feeling good.excited to lose weight

(chad) #5

I feel your pain. I’m on day 4 and feel foggy/ slightly dizzy. Been drinking plenty of water. I’m down about 4 lbs but whew I’m starting to feel worse and worse. I have a concert to go to tomorrow and a football game the next day. I’m gunna have to get tough quick lol

Hopefully this can be encouraging.

I’ve been living keto 19 months now, and I can’t remember how I felt that first week we started.

What I can remember are all the times I felt good and energetic. The times I got up and started cleaning the kitchen, or went outside to do some yard work, for no other reason than I just felt like it. All the times I went for a walk with my wife, because we could and we felt like it, not because we thought we had to to be healthy, we were healthy. (Before keto, Lisa could hardly walk a few blocks, and she always had trouble going up and down any stairs.)

These are the things I remember, and cherish, from eating keto. That first week? Really can’t remember.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #7

Use the Ketoaide recipe posted above and you will not experience that again. I drink one every day and have never experienced Keto Flu and I am 15 weeks in.