There is no keto rulebook

warrior
goddess

(Insert witty quote here) #61

Ah! I was just trying to find stuff for you to look in to!

I didn’t read the series until I was in my 30s, and I love it! :grinning:

(Guardian of the bacon) #62

My wife was well into her 40’s…she keeps telling me she’s younger than she looks…or is she telling me that she feels younger than she looks…or is it that she looks younger than she is…I don’t know, I feel like I’m digging a hole here.

I’ve seen how thick those books are, I don’t have that much attention to pay.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #63

$3500.00

(Guardian of the bacon) #64

I’ll offer up 100 Bronze Knuts and not a silver sickle more!!!

I hope that’s $3500 Canadian dollars. That comes out to about $10 US dollars.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #66

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(anonymous186) #67

After about 10. months on this diet it I realized that I will be on this diet for life, pretty much in form I presently do keto, which is personalized to me. I tweak it now and then when I learn new stuff about keto that speaks to me.

I not sure yet, but I think I won’t be able to tolerate many carbs ever. I feel so great eating my keto diet and only wish I had started years ago.

I had tried Atkins, it didn’t work for me but I didn’t understand about too much protein and not enough fat. A few years later I heard about Keto, but it was kind of scary so until I hit rock bottom in the fall of 2015 that I knew I had give it a chance.

I sound like an addict, but that’s exactly what it is, but I am real lucky in that the two times I had to eat carbs for a few days (I was sick) there was no question about going back.

It took awhile to really feel good, but once I started getting there, it’s like it snowballed.
I even have a mild cold right now and still feel good.

I have to wonder if my DNA was meant just for this way of eating? Down with veggies… okay I don’t really like them.

So back to the idea of everyone having their particular brand of keto. I know mine is different from everyone else but I do have a question that has been bugging me.

For those of you that are foodies and like to cook a lot and use sweeteners, could you stay on this diet without them or is it what allows you to thrive on it?

(Scott Shillady) #68

I’m sofucking delighted and privileged to be doing this WOE with a bunch of totally badass N=1 dirty keto appreciating people like you guys:bacon:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #69

:bacon: back atcha

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #70

Sweeteners are definately not that important to me. I use them occasionally in small amounts. I am keto for life, so I do like variety and …little restriction.

Call my way “relaxed keto”.
I don’t worry myself with the details much.

(Guardian of the bacon) #71

I rarely use sweetened goods. It is nice to have them available for a rare treat.

(Jacquie) #72

I love to cook and started as a young teen with desserts/sweets. Sugar has always been my nemesis. No problem going lc in the mid-90’s giving up grains but sugar/AS’s always found their way back in. When I first started keto (I came to keto from Whole30 which is dairy and AS free), I stayed AS free for a year. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it might be. I introduced AS (only liquid stevia and Swerve) now and then and that works. I joined the AS free challenge for this month and it’s going well.
Not sure what your brand of keto is but we’re all pretty loosey goosey and accepting of everyone’s own brand of n=1 keto. Glad to have you here. :slight_smile:

(Laura) #73

I am, accidentally, anonymous… my keto is mostly dairy and eggs, fish and fowl. I have an allergy to beef n pork. So no Bacon, to me it’s like carbs. I honestly think I may be allergic to carbs.

I use MCT oil more than coconut oil but that’s only because I haven’t been cooking lately.

I occasionally make fat bombs but but I don’t really care for them.

Yesterday I had a diet soda but it jacked up my blood glucose.

Anyway everyone has to find their own sweet spot within the diet unlike some diets that insist you eat a certain way.

(Michael Iafrato ) #74

I personally use keto as a guide. After WLS I can’t eat the fat that you’ll do. I need to keep to a low carb diet. I figure if it’s keto it’s low carb. I refer people who are struggling with weight here.

It is a lifestyle. You must maintain it. Does that mean when @richard goes to the press club he can’t carb out? Of course he can. It just means for the negative you go back to the positive.

Our diets get messed up when we fall of the wagon and then stay off. Fall off and carry on back on the wagon.

(Scott Shillady) #76

I believe that is the Paleo rulebook

@BaconNectar, busting my guts laughing…:laughing: so true!

(Mark Bousquet) #78

I promise I will try to be less of a purist. :innocent:

(Mark Bousquet) #79

No bacon??? GASP

(fuhrima1) #80

Brenda, thank you so much for this post. It is one that I have been trying to find the time to write - well, something like it - and you did it with true ZORN style. Thanks for putting into words the things I have been thinking for months/years.