There is no keto rulebook

warrior
goddess

(VLC.MD) #263

Genius.

(Brenda Running Sauder) #264

Thanks Brenda! Iā€™m about a year behind in podcasts so just heard about this forum. Have no idea how it works so just checking it out. I am also Brenda and also enjoy weight lifting.! Thanks for the post!

(Lesley James) #265

Brenda, I joined this forum just to respond to your post. I LOVE YOU. Youā€™re an inspiration. Iā€™ve known about ā€œlow carbā€ diets for almost 50 years (Dr. Stillmanā€™s Quick Weight Loss Diet came out in 1967 and I own a first edition of Atkinsā€™ Diet Revolution) when I tried it for the first time at age 13. I got brainwashed in the 70ā€™s and 80ā€™s by the rabbit food pushers that said, loudly, how unhealthy it was and have taken way too long to return to the fold. I loved your story and this post is just what I needed. Iā€™m starting the Keto diet now, and was pretty overwhelmed by how complex it seemed and by the conflicting information and advice Iā€™ve gotten. Itā€™s good to hear ā€œthereā€™s no rule-bookā€. Thanks for your post!

(VLC.MD) #266

Sugar is so toxic it must be antimicrobial. So that makes 3 uses for sugar. (1) Generating revenue for dentists (2) Making people fat and hungry. (3) Killing skin microbes.

(Judy Martinez) #267

Can I share this post to my FB page? Or is this strictly for this Forum?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #268

You can share this post. (The posts that cannot be shared are in our medical section.)
Hereā€™s the link:

(Mark) #271

Ouch what on earth was that about :grimacing:

This is probably my favorite thread here. I think ā€œkeeping it simpleā€ is so important because if you make it too complicated you probably wonā€™t stick with it. Good news! Keto is pretty simple to begin with.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #273

There are several horrid nazi-like keto facebook groups. I became entirely burnt out by their bullying and dogma. Garbage.

I know of which she speaks, which was the direct cause of the birth of this topic. :zornface:

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #274

@Brenda, just popping in to say hey! Saw you on the MN Keto page on facebook. :slight_smile:

(April Jo) #275

Thank you from the bottom of my heart :heart: for this post @Brenda I sincerely needed to hear this! Wise words!

(Wenchie) #276

I have been through all of them it seems, before I came here.

What sucks is, that especially here in Germany it seems impossible to find decent keto people who are not nazi-like (waitā€¦ german keto nazisā€¦ do I get away with that? :thinking::open_mouth: )

anyhow, glad things are different here :heart_eyes:

(Margie) #277

:joy::rofl::smiley:

(Margie) #278

:joy::rofl:

(Jeannie Oliver) #281

@Fiorella , so in a sense you could say you are very highly evolved, right? :wink:

OH NO. Keto newbie here who eats peanut butter chocolate fat bombs and they are delicious. I didnā€™t know peanut butter was a forbidden food! Iā€™m going keep eating them (in moderation, gosh that chocolate is tasty). And right now I am having a bone broth coconut milk soup with ONIONS (duly carb counted in my macros). I havenā€™t had them in weeks and they taste really sweet. Great to read this post, because there are certain foods I will eat. My only rules are these ā€“ limit (net) carbs to 20, keep my macros in line, stay away from processed foods and eat only what I cook 95% of the time. It seems to be working for me.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #283

It isnā€™t forbidden. Lol

Whew.

(Zoe ) #285

Definitely not forbidden. Peanut butter chocolate and coconut butter fat bombs are some of my favourites. Great for a treat during the holidays or when away somewhere with a fridge. How do you make yours?

(Jeannie Oliver) #286

Me too, Daisy. Since losing on keto, I have had to resign myself to the fact that my bra size has gone from C to B cup and my backside has gone all flat and sagging. Sighā€¦but my health is better and my skin glows.