The March of the Carnivores!

Fangs and I’ll disagree but mushrooms aren’t plants. That widens the ‘carnivore’ entrance loop hole for newbies and explorers. But some mushrooms can be poisonous more so than carbohydrate count.

I include mushrooms in the scope of my plan. But haven’t been eating them very much. They are a good vehicle for fats (butter).

I’m staying on with aiming on eating saturated fatty acids from ruminant animals as best I can, and that means eating beef rather than pork, ham, bacon or chicken when I control the cooking. Small steps to a beef, salt and water challenge in the future. I saw some improved clothes fit in February. So, I’ll keep moving along this path.

Enjoy your fungi fun guy :grinning:

Double determined to not eat processed food now. While ignoring my coffee crutch. Not a new syndrome. More a pharmacological mental support and illness poured into a cup. I think the challenge tribe benefit 125% from reading about experiments, real life, and struggles. Thanks for posting Edith. 100% benefits from reading about successes and goals kicked.

(Vic) #162

Yea, I’m with you and Edith, even proccesed meat in sausage form or canned meat is very low on my list. Anything that I didn’t cook myself from fresh raw i ingredients gets the sceptical look untill the label prouves otherwise.

Cured, smoked bacon is also very low on my list, its shugar injected proccesed meat. A few slices a week, fine, but no more. I’ve come to like the uncured version better anyway :crazy_face:

I haven’t decided what proccesed food evens means to me? Are things like cooking, fermenting and adding salt proccesing? Is canning proccesing?
I like the idea of maximum 2 steps from nature to my plate.

(Linda ) #163

Todays foods bacon followed by strip steak cooked in bacon grease.

My weight is back to bouncing up a bit but not too bad so far half a pound. My foccuss is remaining on being satisfied.

(Edith) #164

@Carnivoor and @FrankoBear, if you don’t have histamine issues, I would imagine you don’t need to worry about aged foods. I’ve known for a while that if I eat tinned food, particularly tinned seafood, and meats like salami and beef sticks that my histamine trouble acts up. Why restrict if you don’t have to?

I’m hoping that over time this issue may improve. Although, I am listening to an interview with Dr. Ede where she mentioned that she has a hard time with beef because of it being aged. I haven’t finished watching it, yet, so I don’t know if she is hopeful that her histamine issues will resolve over time.

Looking back over the past two years with my doing carnivore on and off, there were many times when I had an upset stomach within a few hours of eating. I’ve noticed recently that on the days I don’t eat beef, I feel really good. I’m now wondering if the beef problem has been with me for some time and I just never made the connection.

If you could give up caffeine, you would be amazed at how much better you feel (once the withdrawal symptoms are over). I do believe that the afternoon lull and the feeling the need for some caffeine is actually the body saying, “I need another hit of my drug.” Once I gave up caffeine, my energy levels become much more consistent.

With that being said, I do use it on occasion for long drives.

I hope that for you too! Cool on the Kidney supps…let us know how they are when you try them. Sorry the histamine troubles are so bad for you!

well I do agree. they are fungus category actually. but they are not carnivore. Any animal is carnivore food. Mushrooms are not animals.
So it isn’t about debating their plant equation and where they fall, it is that they are not animals. Carnivore doesn’t eat anything but animal so…

but that is very interesting info you are tracking about yourself. I am not a info tracker like that, in fact I run from tracking anything anymore LOL But those interested in it should do some experiments like you are doing, I know you find it very informational etc. It sounds like you are doing very good finding your hunger levels and more!!

that sunset pic is so beautiful. Now having that in your life is what will take all that stress off you :slight_smile:

I like this! Me too :slight_smile:
I limit my take on processed, to me it is just anything someone has made for me. Like sausages I buy. I know cheese is made for me product I buy but I don’t put that down as ‘processed’ item, so yea I get you in deciding what is that push limit on processed for each of us.

that is great. right now as you adapt and change satisfaction and holding carnivore plan is key! I am glad you are eating well and doing OK!!

food yesterday was ok. usual stuff, leftover pork, some taylor ham, some chicken

I did find myself wandering the kitchen. Not a good thing for me. I got ‘cravings’ on my mind. I don’t know why? probably cause I opened up that door and am allowing sugar addiction to rear its head and letting it try to speak to me? I don’t know but gonna eat very well today, eat great steak and buying snow crab legs cause they are on sale…and I NEED crab legs as a decadence to just make me feel good and enjoy. Been waiting for a sale to hit and now it has so I will finally get some and chow down.

So hitting store in a bit and grabbing up some packages of snow crab legs. Now I can’t wait, they are on my mind. yum

busy busy and off to handle some errands etc. Soldier on Carnivores!

(Polly) #166

Interesting that work stress gives the same feeling as hunger and explains quite a lot . . .

(Vic) #167

Scrap meats from making bone broth mixed withwith eggs and mayo, made into meat salad.
Pork meatballs.
Turkey wrapped in bacon.

@FrankoBear @Polly1 For me too!
Interesting to observe the work stress had the same feeling as hunger. I think by doing data driven eating I will be able to work out when I need to eat for nutrition a whole lot better.

But I don’t t understand how to use blood glucose data. Since we’re relying on fat for energy, isn’t blood glucose irrelevant? The difference between 100 and 90 seems small. The last (and only) time my keto friend who had a meter checked, my level was 90-ish an hour or two after a satisfying meal. And his was below 80. Neither of us was hungry. I’d also like to start measuring my patterns.

(Heather) #169

I am definitely in this boat as well. I find any sort of processed foods make me bloat and retain water. Blech! I hate feeling that way.

(Heather) #170

Thank you, Edith!

I am very excited, but cautiously optimistic. Today is day 4 for him. He made it a full week last time he tried, so we are over halfway to that point.

He’s tried low calorie, OMAD, keto (but was eating fruit) and lost weight at the start, but always gained it all back, plus more. I’ve decided I’m going to be more outright with him about how he needs this WOE and that he has exhausted all other options and they just don’t work for him.

He says he feels much less bloated without carbs and is feeling good, so hopefully that will continue to push him along.

(Vic) #171

Making it a joy for my taste buds.

(Karen) #172

Unfortunately not enough time to catch up on all the posts as I have to go to bed shortly.

Yesterday up at 4.45am , stair runs completed and off to work. Did a further 53 floors during the day and very heavy sore feet by the time I got home at 9pm. Was in bed about 9.15pm ready to do it all again today.

So up again at 4.45am this morning, stairs run and off to work where I did another 40 floors today. Home a bit earlier but doing overtime tomorrow and extending to cover the evening duty. I will be sparked by tomorrow night lol.

So yesterday i had chicken sauted in butter with cheese, an egg, beef mince and a mug of stock at wotk when I got home I had a small amount of cheese and corned beef.

Today i had beef mince, an egg, 5 slices of topside beef at work and just had some cheese and small amount of salami.

I am going to look forward to catching up on all your post on friday :slightly_smiling_face:

hey he is giving it a second go :slight_smile: that is great…cause mine won’t do it again LOL

mine went off carnivore after 3 days and never looked back, fell straight into a loaf of bread and hasn’t been happier…sad cause he is gaining all I am losing :slight_smile: oh well…

I wish him the best!!

(Edith) #174

The way you worded this really made me chuckle.

(Heather) #175

Ditto!

(Alli) #176

Day 3. Bacon and pork belly today. Unusually pork heavy but tasty.

I’ve scrolled through the posts since I was last on and was dissapointed to still see the ‘x is poison’ attitude to anything that’s not an animal product. People need to do what they gotta do to adapt, and anything that’s treating meat as food and all other matter as a supplement is carnivore in my book.

Personally I eat just meat but every day I take quercetin powder to support my histamine intolerance (made from cherry blossom flowers) and calaugula (kallwalla from dried ferns) and I am much much better and saner on that, plus the odd onion and sip of orange juice than on %100 meat for the sake of being pure carnivore. I tried kidneys for histamine and they taste like piss, and i cant have dairy (even ghee) or eggs or my skin goes to ■■■■■ but I can have pork fine and bacon if it’s sporadic. And the odd caramelised onion or mushroom with my lambs liver is yum yum yum.

Day 4 is gonna be pork belly, and lamb chops :smiley:

I’m putting these two comments together.

Fangsy is steady on the ZC carnivore plan that works so well for her. That being whole food animal products as base ingredients and some processed (fermented) dairy and sausages.

Whereas I’m quite happy with the ‘carnivore’ plan that comes at the ingredients from a different angle of it not being a plant based food (but I might eat the occasional sea vegetable).

We are eating better than the standard dietary advice from the government.

If Fangsy and I were at the grocery shop together I would be choosing my food items while asking the question, “Is that a plant based food?” Answer = no. Put it in the basket. Whereas Fangsy would be walking around choosing with, “Is that an animal based food?”, as the question. Some people prefer Mac computers, some people prefer PC, some people iPhone, some people Android. Both choices get a computer or a phone.

I’m pretty sure the mushrooms are ‘poison’ comment was light hearted banter.

But tying fungi in with some herbs they can certainly fall into a medicinal category rather than a food. I agree with @AlliCat Alli that eating things medicinally is a nuanced difference than eating something for nutrients. And doing so, enhances the health pursuit of the WOE way of eating. Eating being the operative word here. My thoughts go to people that eat or drink cannabinoids for medicinal purposes.

Thanks for the thought food Alli. It complements my carnivore WOE.

I’m listening to this podcast on histamine. Might be of interest to you and @VirginiaEdie Edith?

(Edith) #178

Yes, I will definitely give that a listen. I watched an interview today with Georgia Ede and she discussed her histamine difficulties. She cannot handle beef either.

I’ve been supplementing a B multi vitamin and Camu Camu powder for vitamin C because DAO needs vitamin C and B6. I think they are helping because when I do eat beef, my reactions are not as strong. I just bought some ancestral supplements kidney which I’m going to try just before a beef meal to see if they help. DAO supplements are just so darn expensive! Could you tell me more about the quercetin and calaugula?

——————
Today was eggs, chicken wings and pork tenderloin. I was weak and also had a few tablespoons of ham salad. It’s just sooooooo tasty. :drooling_face: Feeling pretty good this evening.

it’s cool. Your rule book will never be my rule book, or another’s guidelines about their carnivore plan. it is ok. carnivore plan gets tweaked alot by many so do your own thing as you see fit. Some will be more strict, others more loose on core value concepts of this plan. I do just that on my book of how carnivore is handled in my life and I comment on how I handle it as I see fit. As others do too.

debating fine tuning of how people handle eating plans and beliefs/sciences in nutrition etc. on any diet forum is like chatting politics or religion :wink: It can be scary sometimes but I think so many of us just deal well with it and get by it.

FB, explain a different angle of it not being a plant based food…am I reading something off here? I kinda don’t get ya on it LOL

------------today’s eats were delish

had a smaller ribeye that was so tender I just enjoyed that steak so much. fried up 3 small pork butt steaks. oh crispy fat and wonderful tender texture. Ate all this in one meal. Yum.

2 lbs. of snow crab legs. with melted butter. I was in seafood heaven! I was hankering for these for a bit and finally got my paws on some…now I am crab leg content for a while!

I enjoyed my food today. Like I wanted it, desired it, craved it all and it just truly made me happy, cause when I finally got to eat later in the day, around 2 – I was hungry :slight_smile: being truly hungry just makes food so much more enjoyable to me when I do eat. I don’t know, just had a happy eating my food day :sunny:

(Linda ) #180

I was down 1.2 lbs today. Which was great to see the scale moving again especially since when I get up in the morning I’m off to Dr Cywes appointnent…

Todays foods was bacon and chuck eye steak