The March of the Carnivores!

(Vic) #141

Butter is carnivore, mayo is not.
When hungry all meats will taste like heaven. When not hungry its very hard to eat, never force it, just don’t eat and wait until hungry.

Its not cheating, its carnivore. It does mess with your hunger feelings, keep it down while you want to loose weight.

Right, its poison

You’re low carb for a year now, exercise as much as you want, you’re not a newbie.

Happy Carnivoring and remember, not hungry, dont eat.

(Linda ) #142

Welcome
I’ve never eaten a fat bomb either but I did try mct oil but it was just added calories I could spend elsewhere so it wasn’t something I stuck to more than a couple of days…

Cheese is allowed on carnivore from my observations…

As for weight gain yep I’ve just gone through that too it freaked me out a bit had me 2nd guessing myself …
After a few days eventually put my toes back in the water as it were Ive since dropped those two lbs and about 1.5 lbs more… im wondering if its because we mess with out diet and our body says ok what’s she doing now let’s hold on to this water… But I was happy to see it go again…

Hi Corals

second what others said. just watch your exercise, you do not have to stop but if you feel tired thru adaption time just don’t over push on exercise which is usually recommended. but yea if you feel great then do it!

mayo is not carnivore but I eat it. I have to say this is something I use rarely but I still enjoy it every now and then and if it truly helps you transition, then yea use a little. We know it is not carnivore but a tablespoon in my tuna made me smile and never made me feel sick or anything, so yea I used it a bit. It is a personal decision for you on what little condiments you do want to use and how well you do on them.

---------------happy wonderful march
still chilly but I see signs of early spring and warmer weather coming. birds going wild and got some trees budding out now.
grass has to be mowed soon :slight_smile:

zc is going fab. eating very well.
feeling wonderful
all in balance for me.

ribeye steak and leftover shrimp I have to eat up :slight_smile: along with good leftover pork butt to enjoy.

(Vic) #144

Wrapped some soft cheese in smoked salmon for desert.

(Linda ) #145

Last night’s dinner was corned beef and bacon then I cooked a roast pork for today since my husband’s day off… well I just couldn’t help myself…the crackling is always the best part

love this, I did the same on my boston butt, attacked it and then took the pic like you did :slight_smile: that cracklin’ looks so over the top great!
wonderful pic!

(Karen) #147

I couldn’t remember my password yesterday so struggled with the website. Not sure why it didn’t open as usual as I don’t normally have to sign in. But hey ho I remembered it in the end and here I am.

Yesterday I was fine with just an incy wincy bit of soreness in my arm so I got on to do the stair runs, not on my knees thankfully, then went for a 5 mile brisk walk and talk with my daughter. Not our usual 8 miler because I bought a plyo box from our CrossFit box and had to collect it with the help of my daughter and her big booted car. I only have a little 2 seater Smart car.

Got home and had my brunch which was sauted chicken with cheese melted in. Had a bit more than I usually have as I have so many breasts to get thriugh :roll_eyes: suddenly felt extreme tiredness creep over me so went to bed for a snooze! Haven’t done that for a long time so guessing it may have been a side affect of the jab. Could have stayed in bed for the rest of the day but I had set the alarm and got up, didn’t want to end up strughling to sleep later.

Dinner was 2 x fillet steaks with 2 x fried eggs. The fillets were on offer. I used to love fillet but can’t say I enjoyed them. Prefer the ribeyes and sirloin now. Still felt hungry afterwards so cooked up a seafood selection pack 350g in butter and added melted cheese and that was very nice.

This morning I had to get up early to get my stsair runs done before going to get bloods done. Did them 4 x 25 floors and 25 pu’s. Arm not sore now.

Bloods were for diabetes, kidney, cholesterol and liver so it will be interesting to see what the results are now I have been carni for 4 and a bit months. I was a bit surprised as I was asked to get the blood taken to check I am on the right meds… I only take Ramiprill ,low dose, for BP!

Todays food 25% fat beef mince, a ribeye steak with a side small portoon of chicken n cheese and have had 2 slices of smoked ham … not my norm as I am not keen on it but it was reduced and I needed something to replace the cheese (trying so hard to break the habit)

Back to work tomorrow, got a long shift so will be up at 4.45am and not return home till after 9pm. Got my pack up ready to go.

(Vic) #148

Looks yummy Karen.

Here is my dinner,

Base of a cows tongue, the fatty part.
Vol-au-vent, heavy cream based.
A few shrimps as a side.

I was down a couple of pounds but now back up a couple. I think it’s because my bowels have pretty much stalled, and there will be weight associated with whatever is being stored in there. I’m being patient while my GI tract adapts. In the meantime, my pain level continues to be down so I’m motivated to continue this trial to at least the end of the month. The small amount of weight I could stand to lose is a much lower priority.

Good luck to you!

that is such a great motivation, putting health and healing and quality of life over a few lbs…and thing is, as you heal more and everything from hormones and more balance out in your body, the lbs will leave you too :slight_smile: but honestly, the health factor of how great we feel is just like you said, a beautiful benefit we all want!

ate kinda carnivore junky…well not junk but not my usual

started day with some taylor ham
then a medium amt of pork boston butt in a bowl
then I had a small ribeye steak, like a 10 oz one, but chewy as heck. Not enjoyable at all but I gaged it down.
few hunks of sautee’d chicken breast
finished off like 8 leftover shrimp
few bites of hubby’s famous mac n cheese—BOO!

and yes I took a small finger grab amt and omg the cheese taste. I hate pasta, no interest but that melty gooey fresh cheese with the crispy bits, I was addicted immediately. Another finger grab. Another, I didn’t eat much, like 10 small pasta noodles at best but I had to tear me away from the darn thing. I was ALL IN on it LOL but I stopped me. Had a talk to myself :wink:, told me to walk away out of that kitchen, hell, run away! :scream: and I did!

woke up this morning and am in super not hungry mode feeling right now. Seasons switching over. I am in a food switch going on with me right now also. It is fine, will watch me, find my new whatever pattern of eating that is hitting me up right now. Normal for me.

dog to vet for regular old shots he needs
home to finish up some front house landscaping work I am doing
other than that, easy peasy type day here

CARNIVORE ON ALL!!

(Vic) #152

Fried blood sausage with chicken for lunch.

(Heather) #153

You handled this with much more poise and eloquence that I would have - LOL. I can’t just eat “a little” when it comes to carbs. They take me down a deep dark path of an all day binge. I know myself well enough and that I must be strict, but that’s just me.

My DD is struggling a bit. She had a “carb” day on Saturday. She had a solo ensemble contest that day for her flute and her anxiety got the better of her. I’m thankful that she isn’t like me, where it ends up being a gorging day. This is about her 3 day in the past three weeks or so that she has had carbs after 6 strict months. I’m just trying to help her figure it out, but giving her space as well.

Now, for the really exciting news! My hubby has decided to give carnivore another try! YIPEE! I am so excited. It’s truly hard for him to refute how well it has worked for me. He sees the benefits that I have and he is at the point of being so fed up with his aches and pains and being obese, he’s trying. I’m working really hard to be as encouraging as I possibly can. I really want him to be successful, as I know it would be so good for him. Both of his parents have T2 diabetes, 3 of his 5 brothers are morbidly obese–I just don’t want our retirement to be sitting around at home because of his multiple health ailments. He’s only 47, but the time to change is now, not when something bad happens.

I’m still cruising along on carnivore. My meals are basically the same - 1 lb. of 80/20 ground beef for “brunch” and a ribeye and boneless skinless chicken breast for dinner. It’s working well for me, I still like the taste, so my motto is, “If it’s working, keep it!”

Keep on truckin’ everyone!

I agree with this 1000% but that was years 1-3…I am into year 4 and I learned and changed and ‘my control’ and ‘thoughts of why I DO ZC are now set more in cement’ SO just know you as you walk the path. Back before, I would been all in and ate up a ton and say ‘tomorrow I correct this’ but NOW with 4 yrs zero carb, I got some damn power…over me…and alot of that is now mental power so never think it won’t change for you ya know. Longer on plan and tight and being so viligent no matter what it takes is key til we change.

and don’t for one second think my mind ain’t on carbs…and wanting back tons of old crap favs, geez louise I know this big time…LOL they are more now in my life…just LOL I am now like, I ate this and NOW I WANT ‘just a tiny bit of ABC and then a tiny bit of XYZ’ cause I DO ok on it…nope. I draw that line in the sand and I am like you, I must take total control back and what little ‘I do’ thru being human must be watched like a hawk.

I know me, stronger now, but oh yes I do know me :slight_smile:

thanks RR, I liked chatting that out, it makes me see me again in full form!

I get this…and OMYGOSH I was a flutist. I did this with first chair and I loved it to the end til I dropped it and tell her don’t drop cause now older, way older I want it back and considering re-learing and going for it…but give this kid an out…in that she is a kid doing what most are ‘way more seasoned’ for SO YOU GUYS PICK some ‘go to foods’ that aren’t horrible to her but would make her Low Carb happy…it is OK to have a small out…not a darn thing wrong when so young and learning but the big learn is WHAT to give back, what do I like and think hard, not the crap HA but what would I BE OK with to allow and see where that goes…if ya do that, she must SEE it ya know and learn from it and from what I see about you and kiddo…you guys are smart and will find a forward path!

that’s me…hamburger, which I am now 85/15 or 90/10 and can’t go back, chicken and steak like insanity, If it works, til you might need to swing it around, ALL US longer term zc peeps change up as we need, just follow that and you will be great thru it all!

(Heather) #155

Part of me looks forward to this day, but another part of me enjoys the “will power” ZC gives me by annihilating any and all cravings, when I eat super clean. I don’t want to want the carbs, because honestly, it scares me.

Thank you for this! I guess I think of how strict I need to be, my mind natually thinks she needs to be the same way. Not true. I will have to talk to her about that.

I also played the flute from 5th-12th grade (many years ago :wink:). DD is a very dedicated and talented flute player, and she knows it, which can sometimes work against her, but she still gets the jitters at performance time.

and they will and should.

I said baby control NOW and you have to find that for you…I SO get it!!! but you also know that if I did not run away I was on in for probably an entire night ‘OF controlled carb binge of crap’ cause being further on my time on plan, I now learned to ‘control my binge’ thru some type of pretence cause that one extra bite…I could leave zc in a flash and be that failure to me as I want and yea I SO GET IT!!!

You too on the flute! Love reading this cause I was all about the flute. I was good and loved it ‘til life and boys hit harder’ for me and my life was not musical ya know but hey it is what it is

yes your child should have a ‘mental OK out’ factor that is a good factor for her. There is nothing wrong with a baby carnivore hitting back to Ketovore when required. We ain’t the young’ins with all the baggage, they must have a path they deem fit!

love chatting is RR!!

(Vic) #157

(Edith) #158

That is awesome news! The good thing is that you now have a fair bit of experience under your belt and can guide him.

(Edith) #159

Today was not the best food day. This morning I had bacon and chicken sausage. Lunch was ham salad (it does have some mayo and sweet pickle relish), liverwurst, and pork rinds. Dinner was Chick-fil-a grilled nuggets. Sigh. A lot of processed food. Processed food means higher histamines.

And yes, the histamines are bothering me this evening, but… this is the interesting thing: only with a stuffed up nose and mild shortness of breath, that’s it.

Last night I had steak with dinner. I hadn’t eaten beef for almost two days. I was feeling good, no histamine trouble. Within an hour of eating dinner, stuffed nose, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, and a mild case of diarrhea. There is definitely something going on with beef. :weary::sob::angry:

Today I ordered the Ancestral Supplements Kidney to give it try and see if it helps. If it does, I really will have to work on getting some fresh kidney in my diet. But not via stew that’s for sure!!! :face_vomiting:

I’m really hoping this beef trouble is a temporary thing.

1:30pm. Just broke fast. I’ve been doing some interesting data collection and observations in the last two days.

I looked into data driven eating. It’s where we feel something in our body and interpret it as ‘hunger’, or not hungry. I do this with a blood glucose monitor.

On Monday I was at work and the simplest way to tackle that for me is to coffee fast and take some supplements (magnesium and Vitamin B3). I had an 8am coffee and a 12 noon coffee. By 5pm, I still had mental clarity and energy. Dinner on Monday night was at 8pm (24hr fast). My Italian suocera mother-in-law fed me bits of ham, cheese, Italian cold cut meats (sad face when I didn’t try her scacciata), then per piatti secondi, lean roast pork, crumbed chicken breast fried in olive oil, bacon. There was a beautiful looking green summer salad on the plate, all from the garden. I pushed it around with a fork and picked out the creamy homemade fetta cheese. There is always offers of more of everything and a big take home pack I take to my wife, la mia bella moglie.

On Tuesday I woke not hungry in the city, grabbed a very tasty coffee, and drove 3 hours out into the countryside to go home. It was noon when I got home. Usually I would have breakfast out of habitual 2MAD. I checked my blood glucose. It was 5.7mmol/L (104). My blood ketones were 0.2mmol/L. So I decided the stirrings I thought I was feeling was not hunger but habitual anticipation of hunger. I waited. 2 hours later I wasn’t sure if I was hungry. My blood glucose was 5.4mmol/L (97.3). I waited and did other stuff. At 4pm I thought, Yep, I’m hungry. I could feel it clearly in my stomach. My blood glucose was 4.8mmol/L (86.5). I made and ate a 3 large egg omelette with smoked salmon and 45g of Jarlsberg cheese. It was yummy.

But now I had a few problems to solve. If I went OMAD on that meal I would guess the nutrients for the day would be undershot, and ZC is primarily a nutritious healing WOE, not a restriction WOE. If I made dinner, so that it was eaten 3 hours before bed (from Dr. Ted Naiman), would I be hungry enough to eat it? I took the thinking to the beach with the dog to catch the sunset. At 7pm I embarked upon a 500g baked and sealed rib eye steak. How many pounds and ounces was that big boy? And as Fangsy would tell us, once I had that first delicious mouth full my appetite emerged and I ate the whole thing. Thus hitting a protein target I like to eat per day, if I can (200g). So many numbers. But some people enjoy maths and data.

I slept well.

This morning my blood glucose was 5.7 (104) again. I had a coffee and started checking work emails. My boss wanted me to fix something and wanted a meeting (online). But I knew there were a few staff issues with the casual employees he wanted to offload to me as well. I felt stressed. The meeting was scheduled for 12 noon. At 12 noon he did not show. I felt very ‘hungry’. It was my habitual 2MAD breakfast time. He texted to reschedule the meeting to 5pm. I checked my blood glucose to compare them to the hunger feelings. It was 5.8 (104.5). My body had plenty of available blood glucose. So, I waited. The feelings subsided. Then at 1:30pm I felt hungry. My blood glucose was 5.0 (90). So I cooked and ate a 3 egg omelette with 120g mackerel and 45g Jarlsberg cheese (have halved the cheese intake).

Interesting to observe the work stress had the same feeling as hunger. I think by doing data driven eating I will be able to work out when I need to eat for nutrition a whole lot better.

This was the sunset last night. Just me and my dog at the beach.