The March of the Carnivores!

(Vic) #41

Just made up a few goals for March, i know, late again.

No carnivore snacking, no carnivore candy except on saturday evening.

No eating outside 12.00 till 19.00

3 ingredient meals.

@Carnivoor, love your March goals. Not too big, easy to handle and might change some of your insights on how ya rollā€¦cool

@Karen18, yea a surf and turf meal is truly the all star meal for me :slight_smile:
always has been, even when a carby eater back in the day, now who needs the other crap? not me, just great meat and seafood is the bomb!!

--------ate a 3/4 lb. cheeseburger patty with 8 slices bacon at 12

then at 5 here I got just a little hungry and thought, nah, I will wait, then I thought, nah I donā€™t wanna get real hungry around 7-8 ya know so I cooked 1 pork chop and a smaller 10 oz ribeye steak. woofed it down but I am filled to the brimā€¦eating day over for me for sure.

I truly thought, I ainā€™t gonna eat this and yea, I did LOL but I also know my day for food is over, I am super nourished and happy and smiling and fullā€¦just what the best damn ā€˜dietā€™ in the world is meant to do HA
ZC rocks!

OH OH and I bought a pair of thin material sweatpants off the rack in a cheapy store and I bought 1 size down and darn they fit fabā€¦my others are falling off so I gotta ditch those and buy me a few more pairs of these great sweats. A walk down a sizeā€¦darn right I love carnivore! Any size lower I buy it just puts a heck of a smile on my face!

Hi everyone! Iā€™m on day 6 of my zero carb/carnivore challenge so thought Iā€™d join your group. Iā€™m doing this challenge to see if I can control my inflammatory joint pain, and I also wanted to drop 10 more pounds. (It was 14 pounds 6 days ago, but 4 of those are already gone (???)

I love all your meal postings. Thanks for the ideas. I do need them. This diet is counter to everything I thought I believed and am accustomed to eating. I was on a keto diet for the past year but was not feeling the benefits I had hoped for so here I am. And currently feeling really great so I think it will not be a problem to meet this 30 day challenge!

(Vic) #44

Welcome wendy,

My joint pain dissapeared a 100% after i started my 30 days

That was 3 years ago.

Thatā€™s amazing!! Iā€™m hopeful.

I started zero carb carnivore last month in February because I was having abdominal pains the physicians I went to see couldnā€™t explain, so I am continuing through March hoping that the pains will subside eventually on this way of eating :crossed_fingers:

Headed into my second Ketoversary ending a 48 hour fast with ground beef and egg meatloaf, and half a chicken breast sauteed in butter.
Making a conscious effort to drink more water, and reduce/eliminate dairy. Going to try OMAD for a few days, with a 23/1 IF schedule. I have a three day weekend coming up- so perfect time to fast and experiment.
My bossā€™s husband passed away unexpectedly last Friday, so time off is rare now. I had today off, and sadlly had to have the vet put our 30 year old horse down. She had fallen a couple times on the ice, and this last time (4-5 days ag0) we had not been able to get her up. We tried damn near everything. I think she may have broken a leg or hip. I wonā€™t go into details, but it was a bad day here.
I work all day tomorrow, then have to get some shopping done on Friday and have a family dinner Friday evening. Check in laterā€¦happiness to you all. SB

(Linda ) #48

Sorry to hear about your horse SB our pets are part of our family so losing them is heartbreaking.
.well im on day 6 of my carnivore trial jumped on scale and Iā€™m down 1.5lbs that brings me 7lbs from my goal.
I went to get my military dependent Iā€™d on Monday and since being on base couldnā€™t go past the exchange and commissary ā€¦in the exchange they had dressing rooms open and my husband says to me look they got size 2 here you should try them on ā€¦so I grabbed a pair of jeans thinking well ill be back for a size 4 whats he thinkingā€¦but I was shocked when not only did they go on but they fit perfect not even slightly tightā€¦so of course since they were also on sale they became my first size two Iā€™ve ever owned. In the commissary they had german brats which I love so I grabbed 4 packs of those and a pork shoulder which was only like 6 dollars and some change best part was had skin on for crackling yumā€¦
So dinner was bacon tonight if I get hungry again Iā€™ll eat more with some eggs to mix it up a bit.

(Edith) #49

Nice to see a post again from you, but Iā€™m very sorry to hear your sad news. Sending comforting thoughts your way.

(Edith) #50

Iā€™ve also been doing the carnivore challenge because of joint problems, particularly my back.

Not sure what is going on in my gut. I had taken an anti-acid or gas ex or something like that a couple weeks ago, and have since felt like thereā€™s a rock in my stomach. Sleep has been elusive, at best. Constipated, except during fasting- but really irregular. I think something must have killed my gut microbiomes, so, going to buy some live probiotics if I can get to the health food store today. Whatever is going on, my weightloss has been totally halted. ugh.

Well, back to work today, then 3 day wkdā€¦I hope. The schedule changes frequentlyā€¦but I hope its still all good. cheers.

Oh we are multiplying :smiley:
But I messed it again, midnight eating and circumstances. I need to get rid of my insanely serious food addiction (not the right word, I am obsessed with the topic and spent too much time on it, I donā€™t eat or want to eat all the time), Alvaro blames my carnivore attempts now, he noticed my quick fat gain too and he is in his very Earth-conscious no-meat phase right now (he told me 1kg meat is the right amount per month, not per day - not like I eat that much, I just said some people do - while eating sausage so it was a bit oddā€¦ I always can persuade him I need meat but he is sure he should mostly avoid it. and we agree, eating meat needs way more resources, field, energyā€¦ but I am an European one who has nothing to do with overpopulation and need very low-carbā€¦ I am a civilized human so I harm the Earth, I try to make it smaller but not through ruining my life. he understands or accepts that, at least)ā€¦ He is extremely stressed nowadays and he knows it but I start to lose it too, I never gained this much and I suspect there is some serious tension inside me even if I donā€™t feel it until itā€™s late. So I have these explosive going astray times. I donā€™t know what the hell I should do but I have some ideas, I try to stay away from this forum (as so often but my addictive personality doesnā€™t help), I definitely stop tracking and ease all the tension I just can. I think I should eat whatever I want, I probably will eat less carbs that way in average but now I go for a tiny eating window, especially NOT eating at night, dammit.
I really had enough. Iā€™ve been somewhat struggling since 9 years but I only gained much in the last months. I need more exercise too, Alvaro thinks that key, well heā€™s half wrong as I need to do everything well but it surely would stop my gain just like his. Oh because he is totally annoyed about his own fat too. So we are a mess now.

Good luck, everyone, I will come back as a better person soon, hopefully! Oh of course I will. I am still a huge optimist and I am really determined now.

No way I go back to my previous ways of eating but I donā€™t know what will happen. Hopefully something good. I would love a long EF, that would be so, so simple but thatā€™s not me.

Bye. I didnā€™t want to come and write this originally but my addictive personality, you know. And maybe if I write it down, I will be even more serious. I canā€™t just waltz back in 2 days if I donā€™t make serious changes. And I canā€™t make that in 2 days. I want to see a week without night eating. (Even if I happen to be very hungry at night, I only allow boiled eggs. I canā€™t overeat boiled eggs. But I shouldnā€™t need food at night at all.)

I hope for a very very great carnivore-ish April and May but I need to found my feet in March first. Not only regarding my woe.

See you later!

A big welcome to the new carnivore posters!! Chat away! The more the merrier!

Fast post this morning. I have to shower up and hit the road for shop/visit for my mom and errands etc. Got one of those busy days that is gonna start early :slight_smile:

I woke up feeling wonderful, in that I ate less yesterday just cause I didnā€™t want that much foodā€¦my ā€˜spring/summer eatingā€™ mode is kicking in for me finally. Sun and warmer temps means I function differently truly and I move more and get outside more and it changes me into ā€˜a new pattern of eatingā€™ which I like.

I feel very in the zc zone.

Got nice NY strip to eat later. Yea I found one in the freezer buried a bit in my house. The big freezer is in the garage and empty of NY strips, but in the house fridge/freezer I found a NY stripā€¦wee!!

after eating that when I get home not sure, probably just big cheeseburger patty for 2nd meal, size depending on hunger level :slight_smile:

Remember we need to eat the plan, stay on the plan, donā€™t waiver from this plan to get results. People who try carnivore and have that one foot going in and out of this plan will find it alot harder at all times and not experience true results of what this zero carb plan can give us and of course our individualism and healing time on plan will vary for each of us.

So whoever gets on carnivore should stay on carnivore to give it a fair shakedown of how great the plan is for each of us!

Plus itā€™s just a darn good plan! :sunny: Enough cheerleading for carnivore plan right now HAHA

Will be back later to chat up and talk all good things zero carb!

Good morning everyone. Can someone help me with this dilemma?

I am still feeling great, but I think I am eating too much protein and not enough fat. I weigh 62 kg and averaging around 100g proteins or more and less than 100 g fat most days. I am trying to limit dairy. I am trying hard to learn to eat the fatty portion on meat but itā€™s a slow process of reconditioning.
I welcome suggestions! Some thoughts I had:
Add daily bacon
Select cheese with the least protein and highest fat content. What would that be?
Eat meats that have the fat more hidden ā€” like sausage and pepperoni. What kind of sausage should I look for? Not something Iā€™m accustomed to eating often but do love it.
Iā€™ve also stopped adding collagen to my coffee but am torn about that since Iā€™m trying to heal my joints.
Thanks in advance!

Why do you think this?

I noticed on trying ā€˜to fix something in yourselfā€™ for whatever reasons you are trying to micro manage your food intake. Donā€™t do that on zero carb.

The most basic of basic. Eat meat, any kind you want, eat fish/seafood, any kind you want, eat fowl etcā€¦any time and any kind you desire.

Your body will tell you. Your body will say I need to eat a fatty ribeye steak or it will kinda say I need to eat a leaner cut of beef, like I want a filet mignon type cut.

what you are adding back to ā€˜correct somethingā€™ is processed food, not ideal at all. bacon/sausage/pepperoni. While new to plan alot of us love and eat these things, they canā€™t be the big control for your menu ya know.

Think fresh meat. Fresh seafood. Think mealsā€¦make a big hamburger steak and add some ā€˜side baconā€™. Make a steak and pair with eggs. Make a steak and pair with seafood, surf and turf.

You donā€™t need processed food. You need fresh meat and fresh fish/seafood meals. Yes we can easily have some sausage and more but keep in mind those are more ā€˜carnivore side itemsā€™ and not the full force we need to eat early on when changing over and needing ā€˜full powerā€™ of fresh meat. So kinda think of it like that.

and do you have dairy troubles? most come onto carnivore and drop dairy cause it is best to do that when we startā€¦but alot of people can handle dairy and keep some cheese in their life and do well. You have to know ā€˜youā€™ on dairy :slight_smile: but now and effort finding ā€˜fatty cheeseā€™ is not gonna make a difference in that your meat/fat is by your meat/fowl/seafood meals. Cheese canā€™t be ā€˜a sourceā€™ of power, it must be a ā€˜to the side, a limited food for mostā€™ that adds flavor and more but isnā€™t a type of carnivore food that will ever replace fresh meat/fish/seafood. Donā€™t put weight onto dairy helping you kinda thinking.

Sometimes we have to get out of our own way. Drop our ā€˜dieting thoughtsā€™ from before we enter carnivore. I got in my way more times then I care to remember LOL and every long term zc person saidā€¦just eat meat. Drink water.

Just go by the gut right now. Eat fresh meat/seafood/chicken/fish. All you need. Go by how your body is craving a fattier type cut of meat or is it saying, hmm, today I just want some leaner meats in my life.

Like I started with 73/27 or 80/20 hamburger. Needed that fat content.
Now I eat only 85/15 or 90/10. My body now hates hamburger fat and while I can eat a 1 lb. burger of leaner, if I was to eat 1 lb. of 73/27 again I would be in misery with the guts, so it is bob and weave, change and adapt and live and learn what your body is asking by the meat you want to eat.

hope some of that helps :slight_smile: just some experiences from me and how the carnivore community chats about their changes. Many people come into it ā€˜trying to controlā€™ carnivore and it doesnā€™t ever work well for any of them. Usually mostly a failure if one does not just ā€˜ā€™ā€™ā€™ā€˜eat meat, all ya need when ya need it, eat what you like and can afford, eat what your body is asking forā€™ā€¦do this and we adapt alot and changes come to each of us.

last fast post before I gotta get moving hereā€¦

typing about burger I checked my burger for later and darn if hubby didnā€™t get into itā€¦he ate 1/2 of my 1.25 lb. packā€¦ugh HAHA

I had that all for me but darn, the guy does wanna eat too I guess :wink:

oh well, I will eat up my 1/2 lb burger and be happy with that right now!

Thanks @Fangs I thought I was supposed to limit or aim for a certain amount of protein but if not, ok! The problem is that I have an aversion to the fatty portions of pretty much all animal foods. Hard to imagine I would ever actively seek that out. Trying to get over this and learn to appreciate it. I think itā€™s the texture more than anything that turns me off which is why I thought ground up versions could be a strategy to get more fat.

Never had a digestive problem with dairy btw except for constipation when I eat a lot of it. This is not currently a problem. Actually just this morning woke up with the opposite. Any suggestions for loose bowels? Thanks for your guidance!

I would never have started carnivore if someone said: eat steak, eat eggs, drink water - and you cannot have anything else.

Iā€™d have said I wanted to eat a variety of foods, that I wanted to break some rules (soda addiction), and I would get bored with the same meals 24/7.

I started anyway, and I dropped the soda within days (I didnā€™t want to drop it; I loved itā€¦but it soon tasted awful!).

Although I love dairy, I dropped it as a bit of an experiment. I started with a mix of meats, but I soon gravitated towards just wanting steak all of the time.

I do eat some liver occasionally, but otherwise, itā€™s pretty much the same meal each day.

No cravings, no obsessing about food, no emotional eating.

I donā€™t snack. I only eat at meal times, and I only eat when hungry - sometimes it might be a small amount, other times I can eat 3x my normal size meal. I just eat until I am full and donā€™t obsess over it; my body seems to sort the rest out. If you want to snack, youā€™re not eating a big enough meal.

My mood is super stable, my skinā€™s clear, Iā€™m losing size. Water+beef sounds horribly restrictive, but thereā€™s a reason why so many gravitate towards it.

Good luck. :+1:

(Edith) #59

I donā€™t usually post pics of my food, but here is this morningā€™s womelette breakfast sandwich.

(Edith) #60

I went through several months of loose bowels. Your digestive tract will adjust.