The March of the Carnivores!

(Edith) #21

That’s significant. Congratulations!

If you don’t mind saying, where in Australia do you live?

I always listen to my body (well, acknowledge it and possibly ignore it but life is hard. I typically listen to it and my decisions and goals are based on it, I always know ignoring it is kind of wrong), I just find this very surprising. I liked my meat with the same fattiness and didn’t allow wriggle room, I immediately had to balance things out if I had a little leaner or fattier meat… (Sausage is special but I ate that in moderation. Until now.) And now it shifted suddenly and drastically, making my life a bit harder. It’s good I happen to have fattier meat right now but even that may be not enough.
We will see. Today I eat some bacon too, that’s fatty enough for sure…

[…]
I had to use sausage to raise the fat content and I couldn’t get satiated with this plate so I added a bit more of everything:

It was a fine meal. 100g protein, 3g carbs (it’s still so exotic in my life :D)… I weightlifted and got hungry early so I finished it all when 3pm arrived.

I still drink coffee but black.

[…]
50 minutes later I got hungry and ate some soup with meat as well. I hope I get back my proper, well-behaving hunger and satiation. And that’s why we should stick to our woe. But I usually don’t want to unstick at all, it just happens surreptiously and gradually. Dairy (sugar, not satiating and easily bringing the idea of desserts. definitely not my ally. sometimes helps but it’s easier to ignore it for now), a little condiment, a taste of this, a hint of that, a meal/drink just isn’t good without something not ideal but mostly harmless… And when my still mostly harmless relaxed times meet some weakness and a temporal “I don’t care (much)” attitude… Then chaos ensues. Not a huge one with much carbs but my behaviour and quality of life still changes for the worse.

I fear I got more sensitive. Something had to balance out my improving strength, I eat better than before and temptation out of the blue has little chance now. So my enemies do it subtly. Effective, I must say even if it takes days to tear my defences down most of the time.
But I can up my game. And it’s easier after some days, I am so curious what it takes to stay. Will I get bored and will I get ideas? For me loving my food is key (knowing it’s dangerous outside helps but it’s secondary) and I think I can avoid boredom, I have options.

Oh and today I realized it’s spring. The best season for carnivore. Winter has December (maybe I will handle it way better next year), summer and autumn are fruit seasons but spring is just perfect. Walks (I have those all year but it’s special in spring), flowers, renewal, making things better.

it isn’t surprising if you know the carnivore path thru others saying and experiencing just what you are dealing with. WE CHANGE ALOT if we hold plan and each of us will be a bit diff. in our needs but real change in how we want to eat will come and push all of our ‘I AM this type of eater’ to the background :slight_smile: So you just hold carnivore and eat very well while doing it and you will find yourself changing alot with ‘less surprises’ since you know we change point blank and what we thought about ourselves doesn’t hold water on carnivore cause it makes our body truly rule the roost ya know :slight_smile:

Go with the flow and bob and weave and eat as you need to eat. Doing this with carnivore will never be a wrong step!

(Vic) #24

so this is first meal…about 12:15 lunch time now and my first meal is starting to scream my name LOL…just boiled up my shrimp and now I am deciding, do I make pork chops or steak…oh yea me gravitating toward steak and give the hubby the pork chops cause I have had a ton of pork ribs lately and now that steak is calling my name.

AND THIS IS HOW US CARNIVORES EAT! well this one does :partying_face::100:

I GIVE UP
THIS SITE will not let me post my steak or pork chop pic with my shrimp I just cooked so off I go to ‘eat steak’ and shrimp and thumb my nose at the forum now…I hungry LOL

(Laurie) #27

I have to “reduce the size” of my photos in order to post them here. (Size meaning kilobytes or megabytes, not dimensions.) I had to download an app for that. Extra steps that mega annoy me. But that’s me.

(Karen) #28

@VirginiaEdie good luck with staying off the snacks. When i was eating them I just found they were becoming a bit addictive. I would eat them just fot the sake of it!

I do strength training too but more so at Crossfit and looking forward to getting back in the box when it opens in April. I don’t really have heavy enough weights at home. My dbs and kbs o ly go up to 7.5kg so I will know about it when back using the olympic bar !

(Karen) #29

@Fangs I am so glad you are also seeing spring approach. Just hearing you talk about getting your kayak ready I can telll your mood is lifting. Isn’t it amazing how our mood lift at the first sign of some sunny weather!

@FrankoBear i couldn’t even begin to imagine what life would be like living off the grid, having to preserve electricity and having to be careful of bushfires. You must be a real hardy character. Well done with the waist loss thats awesome

@Aqua_chonk and another one livi g through such conditions. I hate mud and through the winter one can see me tip-toeing, slipping and dancing around thr muddles on my long walk with my daughter! I am guessing your muddles will be more like mud baths!

It really is so good finding out how you all live as well as eat.

Well I have fallen at the first hurdle loI had to pop into lidl to pick up a paper for Raymond on my way over to have a cuppa with him. I saw a couple of bargains and couldn’t resist. A large pack of chicken breast which had 9 large breasts for £7.52 making them 83p each! I thought hard about whether I wanted such lean meat but as I add butter I figured I wouldn’t have a problem with it and it’s good for my pack ups. Then I spied a thick cut ribeye which Lidl doesn’t usually get in, they’re notmally thin cut, and that was a great price too!

Did my stair runs as 4 x 25 stair tuns, 25 each side russian twists w/6kg kb, 25 each side elbow to knee cycles, 25 sit ups and 25 pu’s.

Brunch was butter sauted chicken w/cheese

Dinner was the shin beef slow cooked overnight - ate the lot lol all 600g of the sttuff with some melted cheese on top

Finished off with a bit of goats cheese nd some more grated cheddar to take the grease away.

Yes cheese and more cheese but less than I was eating in a day … honest :wink:

Booked my covid vaccine for Friday as my letter arrived yesterday so will be glad to get that done and out of the way. Work tomorrow, just a little early shift so will be up at 4.45am and should be home by 1pm yess (thought I was on the longest shift so what a result!)

My spring plate photo was 120kB :slight_smile: It’s a quite big from me. I was on the Web when there weren’t many websites yet and I learned to be careful with space… And it’s enough, why to put more than 1000 px wide photos here without a good reason?
I use my computer on my desk and my old faithful graphic program is wonderful, I press enter and my photo is ready to manipulate with hotkeys… Very convenient, taking my photos are the hard thing especially when I want to shot snowdrops and need to carry the big camera with the big macro lens (and we have way bigger ones. it’s good I rarely want to make bird shots. the nearby pond has lots of birds though)… Food photos has other problems, I often eat when it’s already dark… Or my plate is ready when I am hungry and just eat the food up… And no way I shot a plate and end up eating exactly that.

I actually have enough (I am so weak…) if I disassemble everything. I don’t want that. And I can’t buy weights since the Covid times began.
My 2 handed bar is at 12.5kg now (easy for my shoulders, hard for my biceps but okay for both), the small ones are at 9 (5kg+2kg weight on the 2kg bar, extremely unbalanced but I don’t have enough weights, it works somehow… when can I use 2x12kg for my chest already? 10-11 will come in a not too far future, it’s a drop now after some skipped time)… Back is horribly low, 11kg? I stopped at 16 years ago when I still was a weak beginner, I don’t understand… I still need to figure out what to do with my triceps, I never liked any of the exercises and as I got stronger, the older ones stopped working well.
And Alvaro thinks my weights are heavy. I surprised him today and it was the 2x9kg and it’s a bit much but without a helper it’s harder as I strain myself a bit when I put the weights down. I try to use Alvaro as my helper but he isn’t always around when I am determined to do the exercise… He only has strong legs (he run today, I dislike running uphill so just a bit) but his arms are the size of mine and I am quite weak.
He mentioned buying a stationary bike again.

It’s easier to focus on everything for me. Woe, exercise, work around the house I should have done already, drawing…etc.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #31

Oregon approves of this.:+1:

(Linda ) #32

So today’s plan was going to be more bacon and pork belly but I wasn’t hungry after the pork belly so ill prob eat bacon tomorrow instead.

(Vic) #33

Trew away the last of my old clothes today.
Actually its motorcycle riding gear and rather expensive. It was time, to large doesnt protect me from the cold enough and its still only 6deg C outside.
Swapped my diving suit with a guy my height who put on weight, got lucky there.

Ski suit is for next year, it all illegal anyway.

Carnivore can be expensive, but its not the food :slightly_smiling_face:

It can be the food too, of course. I can’t afford beef more than once a month, that’s very luxurious and just doesn’t worth it… I can’t afford ribeye once a year! So I still have no idea what that is like. If I can’t contain my curiosity… Nope, we get richer first… We had salmon, way cheaper and way more different from our other meats.
And there is always possibilities to spend a ton of money on food, of course… It would be nice to do that once, eating stuff that is wildly expensive but is worth it! :smiley: Some special deer thing, maybe…
But yep, one can do this with little money too. I just can’t help to write even more than usual today.

I never changed my clothes except my pants but I like loose clothes and it’s not like I ever was much more than now… I was around 80kg at my heaviest (I had no scales for months when I lost and when I measure myself at a relative, that is a very different number from my scale’s at home. that showed 84kg once I think…), now it’s 76kg (how did it happen, I still don’t understand, I was 72kg almost all year, 71 in November and then suddenly 75. but I didn’t eat wild. when I used to eat wild, my weight changed nothing for months. maybe my body wants to tell me something? but it is the one that stopped being cooperative… oh, whatever). I was 69 when I went keto and I had 62 at some point. 69 came back, my body loved that number and my hunger signs always managed to keep me around it. But it got worse in the last years.

I can’t ride my motorbike lately, I don’t even know where my clothes are… But I will need new ones when/if I start again… Motorbike riding is usually expensive anyway, we spent a lot of money on tours and we didn’t even go very far… I always wanted to go to Sicily to see the mummies in Palermo. Italy is my dream destination.

[Here I started to write about things and got carried away, carbs are mentioned due to me cooking for Alvaro. The only relevant/important part was that I do eat dairy today as some items need to be eaten and very very lovely ones at that! If someone is ready for my ramblings and tangents, read on ~]

It’s a sunny day again. I collected leaves (there was always some wetness since autumn so they just stayed in the garden. and it’s FULL with fruit trees, I can’t leave those there. though it might kill the grass… I so hate the grass… I love the moss :)) and my back is aching. Stupid part of mine, sometimes it does. Maybe I skip weightlifting session II today (as I just can’t do everything at once for some reason yet).
I bake bread and a possible pizza crust today. There is a thread in this forum with chicken crust, well mine is different in everything except some egg and thinness :smiley: But that’s the origin. It still changed way less than the very carby vegan “sausage” I eventually made into carnivore (but the vegetarian keto version is very good for Alvaro and it uses up leftover egg parts)… It’s all about spices but those changed too :smiley: I often make my own recipes from scratch but I don’t have that big imagination, a starting point proved very useful several times.

But I didn’t want to write this much, just that some of my dairy got near to its expiration date and I fear touching my super calorie rich but easy to eat pork anyway (but I will. fortunately I only have a little left… very tiny and ~900 kcal… it would be nice but I want to eat so many other things today)… My extra fat started to bother me now… I should exercise more, that’s good, I want muscles anyway… But I am lazy. Whatever, personal problem.
So, I will eat quark and camambert. Not very much, Alvaro gladly helps with both but it will be nice. And hopefully mostly harmless.
I ate a ton in the last 3 days so I hope I won’t do that today. But yesterday I weightlifted so it’s more okay eating a tad much. My weekend was the bad one but I blame the carbs with reason. How on earth I catch those tiny changes in me when I go astray I have no idea. But keeping much meat on hand always helps. I only eat more carbs if I have little (or nowadays not exactly little but I didn’t have proper meat when I started to eat. that arrived later and just made things worse as its huge energy content added to an already overeating day. and the next day I wanted food like I didn’t eat more than enough for 3 days in the last 2). That’s the plan then. I need supplies soon. I am a bit fearful with shoulders, they are super dense though very good. It should be fine if I keep avoiding carbs and multiple meals, right?

Even tempting food isn’t a problem well-fasted. Except maybe at midnight. I ate soup last night, it was ages ago I had chicken soup and it was awesome. Interestingly, I lacked the heavy feeling this morning. So soup seems to be different…? I still shouldn’t eat at night, it will go away soon I am sure. First days tend to be more undisciplined.

I still have soup. I put pork shoulders into it too. I am a happy hedonist, I have perfect soup and all I did was put some nothing special bony meat into some lightly salted water and cook it for 50 minutes. Alvaro will cook his next soup in the weekend. That will take time and effort and it’s not even the most time-consuming vegetable… Once he spent 1.5 hours just to get out the green peas from the pods. That’s why I liked mirelite… Now I keep them in jars, no peas will take space instead of meat in the tiny freezer. But canning soup veggies still was a little work (and they take space on the cupboards and my big kitchen has big windows so I don’t have enough upper cupboards. only 6 but one is for other things, mostly. I use the top of the fridge but still have space problems) so I do my best to make veggie soups as rare as possible (they taste great but chicken soup tastes great too so they are for Alvaro’s sake). Alvaro is very self-reliant, I am sure I can get long times in between. When I stopped making veggie dishes for him (except the soup that still was acceptable for me due to the super low carb content. it has multiple high-carb veggies but amount matters very much), he was fine even though he rarely made them myself. It’s very easy to cook without meat and vegetables and he is more and more fine with meat just not with much.

I am sorry but my cooking has a huge impact on me. I can’t just focus on my own eating. But cooking for him helps as I totally need baking and whatnot, I would miss those. But I don’t need to eat the stuff. It’s like cooking during a fast: it helps :smiley: (And sometimes not but I know when and what to cook when I have strict rules.)

(Edith) #35

For those who stop prescription meds (at least in the US) as a result or switching to keto or carnivore the cost savings can be thousands of dollars. The extra cost of meat doesn’t even come close.

(Vic) #36

Prescription meds are practically free here, in other words, I pay for them anyway in social taxes.

The benefit of taking care of yourself is in a sense better rewarded in the us it seems.

Here, have some of this:

I had enough patience to resize it a tad smaller (thanks @islandlight!) and here is my pic from yesterday.

I tell ya I have 0 patience with technology :wink: Shouldn’t I just click 1 button and everything magical happens with no more work on my side HAHA

ZC going well.
Nothing much doing different. I feel very set in my same type of food. Not wanting much in variety at all which is good, I like it when I just don’t have to think about my food. I just go on auto pilot and eat and then forget it!

@Karen18----good score from your store. Chicken isn’t a biggie for me but it is great to find good deals and have some around if needed. I use chicken as a pair item alot of times…chicken and steak are a good combo but I have eaten alot of chicken by itself and I do well on it for a bit but then I ‘feel the body’ saying get your butt onto some big beef :slight_smile: but darn, a good big ol’ roaster chicken is delish every now and then.

March is marching on and marching all over us! :slight_smile:

(Heather) #38

Sounds like everyone is cruising right along - great job!

I’m loving the food pics and the talk of warm weather. I am definitely not a cold weather person. Sometimes I wonder why I am living in Wisconsin. I am a ways away from retirement, but hubby and I are talking about buying a winter home somewhere warm when that time comes. We shall see…

Day 2 of not getting on the scale. I had to fight the impulse for sure today, as I think I will everyday. It’s more of a temptation to me than eating carbs! I really want to break this cycle of weighing everyday, maybe the first of every month. This forum is so incredibly helpful in keeping me accountable.

Yesterday’s foods were 1 lb. 80/20 ground beef, .86 lb. ribeye (no tummy troubles from the fat - woohoo!) and 2 center cut pork chops.

For now, I stopped eating my boneless skinless chicken breast, as it was causing my stomach to gurgle I guess my body just likes beef. Go figure!

Have a great day/evening everyone!

Maybe it’s the spring here… but I look at the pic and see colorful “flowers” around a loaf of meat :slight_smile: You had a nice colorful plate again. Mine had colors too… And I don’t want to show as it had 20g tomato puree, just today… The food pic thread will get it.

@Fangs, I think it’s an exciting, dynamic photo with those diagonal lines and the colors are nice as well. Nice one. (I am good at criticizing aesthetics if it’s not modern art or something, I may be a tad biased if I see some nice meat though :))

I had my lunch early today, at 2:30pm. Chicken soup with a poached egg, a little pork, cheese, sausage, quark dessert… It was a bit more complicated than what I like nowadays but it was a nice lunch. No idea if I will get hungry later, possibly. It contained a little plants and various dairy, I will be super careful I don’t go further, in the contrary. But I stayed in the mostly harmless area. My dessert wasn’t sweet but it was fine, that’s good. Desserts are possible dangers and I don’t even need them on carnivore, I just didn’t have a better idea for quark now.

We will have colder days soon but that has nothing to do with my eating, I want the same food whether it’s -20C or 35C outside… Hot soup is more tempting when it’s not so hot though. And I don’t want to roast meat for 3 hours when my kitchen reaches 25C either… It’s 17-18C now, perfect for my kitchen. Only the coconut oil is super hard but that can be helped.

(Karen) #40

Hello Marchers

4.45am stair runs were good considering I was waking all night long and doing a bit of clock watching.
Took 5 slices of beef topside (130g) to work as I knew I wouldn’t be coming straight home at 1230pm I popped to have a cuppa with my dance partner and check up on him. I feel like a flippin scout ‘be prepared’ dib dib dob dob lol

When I returned home I had the thick cut ribeye steak (225g,) that I bought yesterday on offer, ,cooked in lard with a bit of grated cheese chucked in the lard while the steak was resting and then poured/scraped on top. Didn’t enjoy it quite as much as the thinner ribeyes I usually buy as there was a fair bit of grissel running through it. Love the fat not the grissel.
Followed by last piece of goats cheese and a mug of home made chicken stock.

Will no doubt have a bit of canned corned beef before early night. Back up at 4.45am for a full day shift.

@Fangs LURVE your piccie, those king prawns looked devine. I will be getting some out of the freezer for tomorrow night, miss having them with the steak!

@Carnivoor should have put your biker gear on ebay and made a bit of meat money lol. Bet the guy you swapped gear with was a bit upset he’s gaining while you have been losing! :wink: