The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Victoria Mc Coy) #164

Welcome, Dawn! I’d recommend The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living by Phinney and Volek and The Obesity Code by Jason Fung for starters. There are a few key differences that make a huge difference for those of us with metabolic issues. (@devhammer and other Forum Admins, I know this should probably move to another thread, but don’t know process or etiquette on that, so will leave that to you!)

(Justin Jordan) #165

If you don’t mind me asking, how tall are you?

(bulkbiker) #167

Before me 322 pounds 44 inch waist
After me 214 pounds 34 inch waist
No more reflux, indigestion,sleep apnea, snoring, Type 2 diabetes or a huge gut!

(mags) #168

That is fantastic Mark. You look really well. How long has it taken you?

(bulkbiker) #169

Most of the weight loss in the first 9 months… have been keto for over 2 years. Last HbA1c 28.00 mmol/m

(Davy) #170

I am reasonably new to all this. I started dieting in March and its now May…so less than 2 months and i have lost 3 stone.

I fast between evening meal and evening meal apart from a coffee bomb in the morning so that’s about 22:2. I have so much more energy now. I am running 3 miles every morning before work. And am tired enough to sleep for 8 hours when I go to bed, knowing that I am still burning fat in my sleep! lol

I did have a slip up about 3 weeks into it, in the form of pizza and beer, but i have been good since and am certainly reaping the

rewards for it now!

(Nathan Hall) #171

I’m 6ft 2in (74in)

(mags) #172

Brilliant! Have you had any problems with loose skin? I have about the same amount as you to lose. 30lbs down so far. And I do worry about it.

(bulkbiker) #173

To be honest I am a bit saggy around the middle but not too noticeable… I think IF helps with that and I do that every day as well as some extended fasts. I’d rather bit a bit saggy than have the weight tho…

(mags) #174

You are right of course. I’m just being vain! I IF & do a 3 day EF every week. I battle with the 3 day sometimes because I get so hungry on day 2. Its working so far tho and have been losing about 3lbs a week. I love the food :grinning:

This website has all the info you need https://www.dietdoctor.com Free membership for a month to get you started. Happy reading!!

(Benjamin Decker) #176

7 months of low-carb and IF. 40 lbs down, off all bp meds, and feeling the best I’ve felt in 30 years. The journey continues…!
41%20PM

very nice progress, keep up the good work

This is a Before and After of me from 2013 to 2017. I have shifted 60 lb.
I gained about 30 lb in two-three months in 2009 when menopause hit. I watch my belly rise like a bad batch of sourdough on a hot summer day. I struggled to shift this weight for 3 years using Fit For Life and LFHC and restrictive calories. In desperation I turned to Atkins 1972. (I remember buying the book because I strongly disagreed with it).

I started Keto/LCHF in Dec 2012, and lost 25 lb over 18 months. I maintained that weight loss with a bit of difficulty. I then quit drinking wine (and all alcohol) in 2016 because I wasn’t feeling well and lost another 30 lb in about 14 weeks. I was dx’d with ovarian cancer in late 2016 and added water fasting and dropped 5-10 lb which I have maintained.

I feel better than I have in 10 years.

I have just walked the Camino across Spain and am thrilled and grateful that I have been able to do this. I thank God for gifting me extra innings. (Ovarian Cancer is a serious high grade one; I declined chemo in favour of fasting, herbal extracts and nutrition).

(Carolus Holman) #179

Your picture is quite elegant! Such an inspiration!

(Mother of Puppies ) #180

So awesome!! Care to share more about this?

(Candy Lind) #181

YOU GO, GIRL! You are doing fantastic. :+1: :+1: :+1:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #182

Okay, I think some of you people are faking your photos. Some of those befores and afters can’t possibly be the same person. . . . :smiley: :grin:

Thank you. I have more details on the decisions I made on this blog. https://passthetorchblog.wordpress.com/category/cancer/

Water fasting, herbal tinctures, supplements, lifestyle changes and support from my husband were key ingredients.

I am thankful that I have been granted extra time.

(Candy Lind) #184

I just ADORE that pink dress! So classy. :+1: :+1: :+1: