The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(diane) #205

ha ha ha! :wink:

(Doug) #206

:exclamation: Well done indeed, Michelle.

(Doug) #207

Righteous, Diane!

:slightly_smiling_face:

But hey, there’s a lot less of you for gravity to grab on to, so there’s that! You look great!

Yessssss, that’s my buddy! :smiley: See you soon at Ketofest 2018!

(Michelle Britt) #210

Thank you so much! My daughter hates it now when people ask if we are sisters (lololololol), and refuse to believe I gave birth to her.

(Michelle Britt) #211

Thank you!!

(Ron D. Garrett) #212

Thank you my friend!!! Just trying to do my part!

(Central Florida Bob ) #213

Fantastic story, Ron!

(Ron D. Garrett) #214

Thank you!!!

(Dawn) #215

I feel very good. I am so thankful

(Ellen) #216

Amazing Ron, and all love to you paying it forward & helping out disadvantaged youngsters, not a believer but you are the best kind of Christian (I presume, but whatever religion) trying to help others.

(Ellen) #217

Gorgeous, you look so much healthier, you rock!

(Ellen) #218

Wonderful!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #219

All these superb Photoshop experts (sigh) . . . :grinning: :smiley:

(Ron D. Garrett) #220

Thank you so much. I have a number of friends of different faiths and non believers so it’s all good!

(Ron D. Garrett) #221

Hate to tell ya bro but those arms are real :joy:

(Ellen) #222

Your posts are always so inspiring, full of love and encouragement.

(Karen) #223

Wow, describe a typical day of meals, and IF/EF if you do. You are an inspiration to struggling females.

(Michelle Britt) #224

I keep my macros as close to 6% Carbs, 27% protein, and 67% fat as i can, because that is what works for me. And I average about 1200 calories a day, and it isn’t because I try to limit them. It is just a byproduct of feeling satisfied longer because of the fat content. A typical day for me looks like -

My Keto coffee - I use coconut oil and heavy whipping cream (I don’t like the way the butter tastes), and I use just one tablespoon coconut oil and a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream in about 24 ounces of coffee - this is a must for me, the energy it provides is amazing, and helps me stay focused and alert and cravings free all day.

Breakfast - I eat two hard boiled eggs, and sometimes a breakfast meat like bacon or sausage, but usually just the two eggs and coffee

Lunch - I eat a salad with a good protein and some cucumbers and tomatoes, sometimes I will eat a chicken breast and sliced tomatoes, or sliced pork and an avocado. I just always try to go for a quality non processed protein and keto friendly veggies.

Dinner - Usually a fatty cut of protein, pork chops and chicken thighs are my fav for that and a good green veggie like collard greens or spinach, broccoli.

snacks if I need one - Cheese is my fav go to and I am not sensitive to dairy like a lot of folks are, but my favorite favorite snack is that sliced dry sausage you can get in the deli section. I can pop a few in my mouth and be happy. I also like those little rolled sausage and cheese snacks. I try not to eat too many because of the nitrates, but they still make me happy.

I drink almost a gallon of water a day, and never drink diet soda because it gives me headaches and cravings. If I drink anything other then water or coffee, it is unsweetened tea, or elderberry tea with a tiny bit of stevia.

And I exercise, but not as regular as I should. I do try to do strength training and toning exercises at least three times a week. But with four kids, a full time job, and being a full time student, I let that slide a lot.

I do not do intermittent fasting, though I have been considering it. I have researched it a bunch, and if I decide to go with it, I will try the 16/8 IF, as I think it would be the most manageable. And honestly, I think it will help me a lot in my last 18 pounds to goal. I am glas you asked about that, because it brought it back to top of mind for me. Time to look back into it and see how I can implement it into my life to meet my final goal.

I hope this helps! This way of life literally saved me from myself.