The Best Damn Cheeseburger I've Ever Tasted!

(carl) #1

Originally published at: https://blog.2keto.com/recipe/the-best-damn-cheeseburger-ive-ever-tasted/

This amazing cheeseburger could help you reverse diabetes and lose weight!

So, you might have noticed an Internet craze that started some time in August, 2019: chaffles. Chaffles are miniature waffles made with eggs and cheese (basic recipe) that people use for sandwich bread to get all that crispy bready goodness without the carbs. This chaffle cheeseburger will blow your mind!

The Dash Mini Waffle Maker has become the de-facto standard chaffle maker because of it’s sandwich bread size and it’s affordability ($9.99). Get yourself at least one of these. Get two if you want to make two at a time, which is good for sandwiches.

I start with the basic chaffle recipe (1 egg and 1/2 cup of Mozzarella) and add a few special ingredients that enhance the stability and flavor. Then I make a burger tasty enough to be served in Bobby Flay’s Burger Palace. It’s so good that my skeptical neighbor said “This is the best damn cheeseburger I’ve ever tasted” and she wasn’t even doing low-carb.

The extra ingredients in my mix are baking powder to make it light and fluffy, glucomannan powder (or Konjac flour) to bind it together and make it more crispy, and a touch of allulose (a natural sweetener) to make it caramelize and turn brown with a barely detectable tinge of sweetness.

I love rye bread and I love patty melts. The secret to getting that rye bread flavor is caraway seeds. Just add them to your chaffle batter and you can enjoy that rye bread flavor.

Of course, once you have the basic recipe you can substitute any flavoring for the caraway seeds: garlic, onion, etc. It’s up to you.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I and my family do. Chaffles FTW!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Big thread over here, poppin!

Nice cheeseburger Carl, looks like a job for a fork and knife. :cowboy_hat_face:

(carl) #3

Oh hell, na! Just lots of napkins! :slight_smile:

(Bob M) #4

Looks great! The best burger recipe I’ve tried is sous vide burgers:

You can also sterilize ground meat by cooking over 130 for 2+ hours. Just make sure to separate the burgers to ensure they get to the correct temperature.

I have a very large waffle maker, but may pick up the one you recommended since it’s so cheap. I made burgers two days ago using the above recipe and just used large lettuce leaves to pick them up. However, I’ve also tried the chaffles for a different recipe (ham and cheese), and it was nice to be able to pick up something as a sandwich. I ate one of these with chaffles and another just meat and cheese with tomato (from our neighbor’s garden), and the chaffles were definitely more sandwich-like.

(Edith) #5

I may have to try the chaffles for my kids. I’ve been eyeing one of those mini waffle makers for a while, now.

Does the batter stick to the iron? Also, is there a substitute for glucomannan powder if I can’t find it locally?

(Cheryl Meyers) #6

I use a Tbsp of flax meal, 1 egg, 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/2 cup grated Colby Jack cheese. Put a bit of cheese in first to get a crispy finish. My maker is coated so it doesn’t need oiling–the cheese is oily enough. Yum!