That feeling when you

(Maha) #1

eat too much homemade Clotted Cream straight up. Ugh. :nauseated_face:

(Sophie) #2

That feeling just tells me that I’m good for the rest of the day! :smile:

(Sammi) #3

What do you eat on a daily basis and do you think you lose more inches then weight? I’m finding I am :weary:

(Maha) #4

It varies from day to day, but yesterday I ate some salami, bagel disks and Havarti cheese in the morning and some hamburger patties with a few cherry tomatoes and a couple of bites of broccoli at lunch. I skipped dinner because I was very full. This morning I had two eggs and two bacon and clotted cream because it tasted so good.

My body is going through some adjustments right now. I gained about 6 lbs and about 1.5 inches from a cruise I was on recently. I’m slowly working on getting rid of that, but my eating patterns have changed. I was eating just one meal a day and could easily go 36-48 hours fasting before, but now I’m wanting to eat twice a day and fasting has become more difficult. I’m just taking it day by day and not worrying about it. I’m still far better off than when I started, and I have 50 years to get rid of these 6 pounds plus a little more :grin:.

How about you?

(Sammi) #5

Oh bless you hope you had a lovely cruise!

So I’ll be included fasting days every Monday and Thursday so it starts at 8 the evening before and ends 8 the following evening and this is fine even with a full time job as I’m at a computer all day I’m not seeing benefits of this either?!

I will have a bullet proof coffee with double cream and coconut oil none fasting days and this is quite filling at weekends I’ll have scrambled eggs with Philadelphia and shredded cheese and four slices of salami snacks are green or black olives string cheese peperami or peanut butter SF lunch last night was 2 pork chops on a bed of cheese spinach and today I had an exante bar string cheese and for dinner four lamb kebabs with cheese and hot sauce I’ve never stalled this early on :weary:

(German Ketonian) #6

I can empathize with that. Just ate 125g of salad with 150ml of olive oil. After that, 200g of butter, wrapped in 150g of cheddar. Now I am just… yuck! :nauseated_face: however, it was well worth it breaking my 42h fast with this feast of 3500 kcals, 94% of which coming from healthy fat.

(Sammi) #7

Wow well done! Did you lose weight on your fast?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #8

What is clotted cream.

(German Ketonian) #9

I did! Dropped 2 pounds, 1 of which I will gain back tomorrow I guess. But I am not fasting for the weight loss, but other psychological and physical benefits.

(Sammi) #10

That’s what I find it will come back on! I drop inches think muscle loss occurs when I fast I’m new to fasting so need more information of benifits to myself initially I wanted it to bring my ketones up but I’m not sure urine strips are very reliable I’ve made a topic about it so hopefully I’ll become more clued up! Hope your not feeling to sick :no_mouth:

(German Ketonian) #11

No worries, I am not sick, only pleasantly disgusted of thinking about food right now :wink:

How long in your keto journey are you? You should not use the strips, they tell you only that your pee makes the strips de-colour in a funny way. Honestly, they are crap!

Regarding fasting, you should aim to become fat adapted and then, after 2 months give and take, try a fast when you feel consistently energetic.

Regarding muscle loss, find the topics in this forum + go to the dietdoctor website and read Jason Fungs excellent contributions to fasting worries.

Hope that helps!

(Sammi) #12

It’s three weeks on Monday beginning of year I dropped 10Ibs and didn’t have BPC but I have this now I become fat adapted pretty quick as I’m not a fan of bread or pasta :spaghetti: so carb reduction has always been easy I feel more boney in places around my hips face and coller bones but have lost a pound I just don’t get it this time :weary:

(German Ketonian) #13

I don’t think you’re fat adapted, yet. Takes a long time, even if you come from only 100g of carbs per day. Your body still has to learn to derive all of its energy needs from fat. That’s a serious metabolic change and your mitochondriae have to adapt slowly.

What is your primary goal for going keto? Weight loss? Keep it easy! Give your body time to adjust. Weight loss is not linear and logically structures. We are all unique slowflakes. Sometimes I gain weight after working out and fasting. Sometimes I drop 2 pounds permamently after eating 4000 kcals. It makes no sense for us - but I have come to trust my body to reorganize itself.

Also, weight isn’t a good guideline in general. As you noted, you have lost inches and become more skinny. This should be an indicator of how much goes on in your body right now, despite not losing weight. Chill, smile and let your body do its thing :slight_smile:

(Sammi) #14

Brilliant advice I do appreciate this thank you :blush:

(TJ Borden) #15

I think it’s one of those crazy British things

(Empress of the Unexpected) #16

I suspected as much! But it sounds delish…

(Allie) #17

Never had clotted cream, the idea of it just doesn’t appeal… but I’m with you on that overly full feeling, I hate it.

I didn’t like clotted cream before keto- now I have it with a couple of strawberries, or on it’s own…yummity yum!

(Maha) #19

Thank you! It was a great cruise - a Disney one.

If you’re not seeing results, try reducing the cheese and possibly even the double cream. It’s possible that your body is doing well burning fat, but it’s dietary fat and not stored fat.

(Maha) #20

That it is! This forum has a link to the recipe, but here’s what you do: Take a quart of heavy whipping cream, pour into an 8x8 glass pan, bake it for 12 hours at 175 F. Remove from oven, let cool. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge over night to 12 hours. Remove from fridge and remove top thick layer of fat and put into a bowl for storage. Reserve the liquid for use in other cooking. YUMMY! You can have clotted cream with berries or low carb scones, or do what I did, and just eat some, but not too much.