Thai Curry Beef

This recipe has made it into my weekly rotation lately. It takes a few hours to simmer but overall it’s very easy.

Thai Curry Beef

★★★★★

Entrees

Prep 15 mins ∙ Cook 2 hrs ∙ Makes Serves 4 ∙ Difficulty Easy

Ingredients
•30-40 raw almonds
•19oz can coconut cream
•16oz water
•4 tbsp thai curry paste (I like to mix yellow & green)
•24oz (1.5lbs) stewing beef, cut into large chunks
•1 onion, cut into wedges
•1 tbsp kaffir lime leaves (available online)
•1 cinnamon stick
•1 tsp brown sugar (optional)
•1 tbsp fish sauce
•5 dried Thai red chilis
•Splash of coconut milk (finishing)
•Cauliflower rice pearls

Directions

Heat oven to 400 then roast the almonds on a baking tray for 5 mins until starting to brown. Remove almonds and set aside. Reduce oven to 350.

Heat 2 tbsp coconut cream in a dutch oven with a lid (add some coconut oil too if you want more fat). Add the curry paste and fry for 1 min, then stir in the beef and fry until well coated (about 3 mins). Stir in the rest of the coconut cream, 2 cups water, onion, lime leaves, cinnamon, sugar, fish sauce, chilis, and the almonds. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for a full 2 hrs in a 350-degree oven until the beef is tender.

Remove cinnamon stick and chilis, stir in a small amount of coconut milk or cream to cut flavor if desired. Taste for salt but additional seasoning is usually not required (curry paste is usually very salty). Serve over cauliflower rice.

Indian Chicken Curry over Riced Cauliflower

I like anything curry. But only if its a decent curry, because there are many ways of making it with a variety of spices.