I do so love a multi-tasking recipe. You can use this easy recipe to make truffles or frosting, glaze a cake with or just dip things in it. Maybe it would also work as body paint - well it is that day of the year! DO NOT apply while still hot!
This is one of the recipes shared on this week’s Keto Woman podcast.
- 6 oz (177 ml) heavy cream (1)
- 5 oz (142 g) dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces (2)
- 1 oz (28 g) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, at or near room temperature (3)
In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a simmer.
Take the cream off of the heat and pour in all the chocolate at once. Allow the chocolate to sit in the cream for about one minute to melt then stir gently until all the chocolate has melted and the cream and chocolate are completely mixed.
Stir in the butter until it is fully incorporated.
When it is done you will have a smooth, glossy liquid chocolate. You can use immediately as a glaze, to fill tart shells, or as a dip for berries and nuts.
Chill until set to use as a frosting or to scoop to make truffles.
- For a dairy-free option, substitute the same amount of full fat coconut milk for great results.
- Use a dark chocolate with a high cocoa mass of at least 65% if it is sugar-free or at least 85%-90% if sugar-sweetened - the higher the amount of cocoa, the less sugar the chocolate contains.
- Omit or replace with coconut oil for a dairy-free version.