#016: Chef Taffiny Elrod - Tasty Valentine Treats

Originally published at: https://ketowomanpodcast.com/chef-taffiny-elrod-3/

Daisy and Taffiny concoct and share some delicious keto treats to romance your partner (or yourself!) on St Valentine's Day.

Taffiny Elrod is a professional chef and culinary instructor located in New York City and New York’s Hudson Valley. With over 15 years of professional culinary experience, she has cooked and taught many culinary styles with a special interest in food for health and culinary traditions. Most recently, she taught professional cooking for veterans returning to the work force in New York City before opening a small restaurant with her husband in New York’s Hudson Valley.

Inspired by her success with her own ketogenic/Low Carb High Fat diet, she launched a cooking website called Keto Cooking School where she shares recipes and techniques, and plans to explore the connection between traditional, classical and the ketogenic way of eating.

Taffiny’s website is ketocookingschool.com

If you want to get in touch with Taffiny, her contact details are:-

Recipes!

Daisy

• Chocolate Truffle Tarts
    The Miss Rudy Cocktail

Taffiny

Clotted Cream video

This week’s end quote is from Shakespeare -

If music be the food of love, play on.

(SleepyMotherOf3 🇬🇧) #2

Listening to this meant that I switched from putting extra thick double cream to clotted cream on my Greek yoghurt for my one weekly breakfast. :yum:

Yum - I LOVE clotted cream.

Yum - I LOVE clotted cream.

Me too. Thanks to the link in this thread, I just spent the past half hour watching various videos on making it. Also pleased to find out our Costco brand of HWC is only pasteurized, and not ultra pasteurized, so a trip to the store tomorrow is planned, with an attempt to make clotted cream perhaps on the schedule for Sunday.

Years ago, after first tasting real clotted cream in the UK, I came home determined to make some. The only recipe I found back then started with ‘buy a cow…’ which was not going to happen.

“Buy a cow” - lol!

Let me know how it goes and I want pics.