Simple chocolate?

(Sami) #1

Can anyone tell me the simplest way to make keto friendly chocolate? New to all this! Thanks :slight_smile:

(Diana ) #2

I’d like to know a simple recipe to satisfy my chocolate urges, too. Most things I have made still has that artificial sweetener whang.
I have mixed cocoa, butter, sweetener, vanilla and HWC to even consistency and frozen it to eat like ice cream. But still not what I want it to taste like. I had to brush my teeth and gargle afterward to get rid of the chemical taste from Swerve.
For now, I treat myself to an occasional…well, pretty regular…Atkins chocolate caramel pecan cluster. Tastes just like Turtles. Only smaller and a lot more expensive.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

I do two things if I want chocolate without involving commercial chocolate bars.

1. I use 100% raw cocao powder ,25 grams mixed with coconut oil, 125 grams, I have found a caramel stevia liquid that I like, I don’t like sweet chocolate so i only use like 3-4 drops of it plus a dash of vanilla extract.Put in molds, you can use old ice cube trays if you don’t have molds. Freeze. These are not tempered, so you have to eat them before they come to room temperature.
  2. Add cocao powder to full fat greek yogurt, dash of vanilla extract, blend well top with whipping cream. Artificial sweetener is optional.

“Can anyone tell me the simplest way to make keto friendly chocolate?”
Yes, forget all the above, and chocolate and have a piece of steak or some other keto friendly food. . Repeat when chocolate cravings arise. Seriously, try to eliminate chocolate from your new life. It gives you nothing.
Sorry to sound so harsh, but that way of thinking is where you may end up some time down the line, just giving you a short cut.

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Forgot my other go to for chocolate.
1 can of full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup 100% raw cocao powder
dash of vanilla extract

Blend this all together, put in fridge for at least 8 hrs. Great substitute for chocolate mousse.

(Katie) #6

(Natasha) #7

This chocolate recipe is also really yummy with some nut butter mixed into it. Gives it a little more density!

(Adriana) #8

I mix 1/4 cup of nut butter of choice (I prefer almond), 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 cup of coconut oil and a few drops of liquid stevia (to taste), I put this in small molds and freeze.

It tastes nutella-like, it’s really good, everyone loves it in my house (even non keto eaters).

(LeeAnn Brooks) #9

I just buy 92% dark chocolate bar. If I want a chocolate treat, I have 2 squares. Usually topped with a tablespoon of all natural peanut butter.

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

I have added almond butter to them for a change on occasion. I also sometimes line the mold with almond slices and put a tad of unsweetened shredded coconut in them to get that Almond Joy effect going.

(bryan vandyke) #11

Mine used to be. 1T butter and 1T coconut oil melted. Mix in 1T coco powder and sweetener of choice. Divide up in to a small silicon ice cube tray. Refrigerate or freeze overnight.

Too much work. Now I just buy a bar of unsweetened baking chocolate and eat a couple squares when I want some chocolate.

One of the local stores has unsweetened chocolate chips and I use that occasionally with yoghurt.

(Kirk Wolak) #12

I have just started doing this:

place 1 a bar of bakers chocolate in a freezer zip lok, with about 5-7 packets of splenda.
(Adding some butter is optional)
Put in a big mug, pour hot water in the mug and bob the bag (like a tea bag). Swap the hot water if you have to (I use my sous vide when I am cooking a steak, I just drop it in).

Once it melts, mix it up by hand, drop it in the water if it needs to be warmer…

Then shape it like a whip cream pouch, cut the corner, and squeeze into silicone molds.
Refrigerate.

It’s like 99% dark chocolate. But sweeter than that b/c of the splenda. Very low in carbs. Although chocolate has some. I usually look it up for the bar, and then add 2g for the splenda to that, and divide by the number of pieces of chocolate I made.

I keep them in the fridge. Really simple. You have full control over the sweetness.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #13

I found a recipe that called for:
1/2 C cocoa butter
1/2 C cocoa powder
1/2 C coconut oil
sweetener to taste
any add-ins

You melt the cocoa butter oil together, in a bowl. They had you use a saucepan w/ a bit of water that was not quite boiling and place the bowl in it. Once the cocoa butter and oil were mixed together you added the powder and sweetener and mix again until well mix until smooth.

Then you can add the mix-ins and pour in a shallow dish (or ice cube tray). Minimum of 60 min in the fridge or 30min in the freezer.

This chocolate tasted pretty good (kid approved), but melted fairly easily. The coconut oil would be the culprit for the easy melting.