Sugar-Free Cheesecake Brownies

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1

Made these a couple weeks ago, to have a treat over the holidays that wouldn’t induce guilt.

They were quite tasty, though I did have some issues with the brownie part firming up when baked. Once I refrigerated them, they hardened up nicely, but I might try adding in a little almond flour to see if that makes them a little more brownie like, rather than like fudge.

http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/sugar-free-cheesecake-brownies-gluten-free-and-low-carb/

Milk replacement
(David Russell) #2

I am definitely going to try this. Could have used a few more ‘Organic’ ingredients…lol…the word has lost all meaning to me.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #3

Yeah, with dairy, I’m less concerned about organic than I am about grass-fed. The latter is what makes a difference in the balance of Omega-3 fatty acids. It so happens that the primary HWC I use that’s grass-fed is Organic Valley. If I had a farmer nearby that I knew did primarily pasture for their dairy cows, I’d probably jump on that.

(Larry Lustig) #4

You sent me none. That should induce guilt.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #5

Ah, don’t hold your breath, @larry. I was tagged as one who wasn’t good at sharing all the way back in elementary school. Comes of growing up an only child. :smiley: