Strawberry cheesecake ice cream

(AnnaLeeThal) #1

I have been trying out my new ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid. Ice cream was one of my favorite treats pre-Keto. Really, if you are using the right sweeteners that don’t cause an insulin reaction ice cream is just a fat bomb! I made mint chocolate chip the other day, and the base is so simple and versatile I thought I would use it to make Strawberry cheesecake ice cream:

3 egg yolks
8oz brick cream cheese-softened
1/3 cup sour cream
1 cup (or so) Heavy cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Swerve**
2T Lakanto golden**
2 packets Truvia**
2tsp vanilla extract
1.5 tsp strawberry extract
1 splash brandy
1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
1/3 cup pecans, crushed***

Wisk together egg yolks, cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy cream until smooth. Add salt and sweeteners, wisk some more. Add vanilla and strawberry extracts, brandy, and lemon zest. Wisk to combine

Add mixture to ice cream maker. Make sure the bowl is fully frozen. Follow directions on your ice cream maker. Mine took 25 min to churn. Add pecan pieces at the end to combine. Put into a container and freeze to fully set.

**note that you can use whatever sweeteners you prefer, and in whatever quantity you desire. These are what I had in the house and I found using a combination of a couple kinds gives the best flavor with no aftertaste.

***also note, omit or sub pecans based on your preferences.

Tub of Sour Cream

This sounds good!