Started producing keytones now what?

(Randy) #1

I started the diet a couple weeks ago. I just recently started producing keytones. The urine strips show that I was 6-7 mm. I chose this diet to improve mental clarity/ energy/ mood. I could lose some weight, but that is lower on my priority scale. How long until I can notice some substantial improvements?

Every one’s journey is different. The progress of your journey depends on where you started it and what form you were in. The important part is paying attention to the changes and learning to listen to your body. It will guide you to what’s best.

(Jessica ) #3

I started 10 weeks ago, so I am still fairly new. I noticed energy levels changing (some days better, some days the same) between weeks 3-6. My anxiety is still pretty bad, but I can see improvements. My pain levels in my back and my PCOS changed dramatically within the first couple of weeks though. I agree with @Fiorella everyone is so different when it comes to noticing improvements and changes in their body.

(gooeykablooey) #4

For me fasting is what really brings the mental clarity. I don’t really know why other than cooking and eating and digesting all the time is kind of exhausting. The last few days I’ve been fasting for 20+ hours and eating one meal a day and my head feels markedly clearer and I have the mental energy to tackle projects I’ve been putting off for quite a while. Then I eat my meal and want to go to sleep lol

I agree with the others - sooooo variable. I would say the average for really starting to get a few noticeable things would be several months but most start seeing little impactful things from just a few weeks in. So much depends on what you are hoping for and what your expectations are too. Try to be aware of all the little things as they happen. It can be the weirdest little thing that can just make your day because it is suddenly easier to do or whatever.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #6

Keeping a journal or list of how you feel at least weekly helps. Many people have shared observations like “I realized I no longer had pain in my knee”, “Not sure when it changed that I was walking up the stairs without gripping the rail in pain”, “I realized I woke all week with energy, without that groggy feeling”. My clarity improves and inflammation reductions started in the 2nd week and continued to gradually improve over 6 to 7 months.

split this topic #7

A post was split to a new topic: How do I get back into ketosis?