SOP September, CarnivoreStyle

It changes. I had hard times when I woke up at 1-2pm… And was pleased with 10am…
Normally it’s 8-10am when I am good and I had this when I worked in an office, they eventually got used to me being 90 mins later in average (I never understood their problem as I never could use my brain until noon and made most of my work after 5pm when I was alone and in peace. I was the only programmer so I had to make the work at some point. by the way, they promised me flexible hours but I didn’t get those. whatever, it was nice to browse the net in the office and play games with the others)…
I only woke up earlier when Mom got me out of the bed as a kid (even as a 23 years old kid). I am NOT a morning person. Today’s 4:30 was super extreme but sometimes I wake up around 7.

If I wake up before 6, my first meal happens soon and it’s almost always scrambled eggs from one egg and coffee or cocoa. It happens once or twice a year but next time I will to my best to fight it.

If I wake up normal, I usually eat at 3pm on weekdays (sometimes a bit earlier or later, 6:30 happened but eating felt odd) and at random but earlier times on weekend. if Alvaro’s stew is ready at 1pm, it’s hard for me to resist but I usually am a bit hungry then :slight_smile:

My waking time (if it’s after 6) has absolutely no effect on my mealtime. 8am or 2pm, I still have my first meal around 3pm most of the time (on weekdays).

My woe has no effect either, even high-carb can’t trigger an earlier mealtime but high-carb always trigger a super long lasting satiation due to overeating (even only considering protein and fat that matters most for my satiation)…

Eating very late and very much in the previous day triggers an earlier hunger because my body has a weird logic. Or because the 12 hour rule, getting hungry 12 hours after my last meal if awake, I wrote about it not long ago.

Exercise around/before lunchtime triggers hunger.
Unusually much and hard exercise triggers hunger even more, even the time of day shouldn’t matter but my experiences are tiny. 6-8 hour hiking isn’t intense, just much, I eat in the usual time (or when I finish it) just more. Little exercise does nothing to my energy intake (it seems it tends to lower it a bit…? but I noticed that before carnivore. I doubt I can afford even lower-cal days now.)

Oh and let’s say coffee with a tiny something in it doesn’t count, okay? I should fast nice and clean and anyway, forget coffee but I focus on other things now and don’t want to upset some parts of mine… Take coffee and cocoa from me and who knows what will happen? I am afraid to check, thing go so well now!

I ate stew again, it probably will be a 3MAD day.

(Linda ) #62

Well after two full days into this new eating program im changing it…
I can’t do these eggs for breakfast 1.they don’t hold me over long enough to warrant eating them
2. They make me gassy and here I thought it was supposed to be carbs lol…but no eggs are the culprit so maybe it’s a warning to slow down or remove
today my rings are tighter my weight is up nearly lb I’m assuming it’s water and the eggs lol…
So today I started with two chicken thighs and for my 2nd and third meal I’m going to cut my strip steak in half and split it into two meals…
That way I’m not forcing extra food in just splitting about the same as before but iinto smaller meals so all my protein is spread out and not being loaded into one or two meals
Let’s see how that goes if I get hungry I’ll add something lol…

(Michael) #63

Much of this is in other posts, but I started keto and time restricted eating on June 10th with the following diet (Meat/Fish+eggs+cheese+heavy whipping cream+nuts+lettuce+stawberries daily). I moved to TMAD and OMAD after a few weeks. I also started a few short fasts before my one long one recently. I went lion diet after my fast with 3 meals a day, but quickly eliminated pork so I am now down to just beef for at least 4 weeks total before I will re-introduce some other foods. I have also re-introduced time restricted eating. This has definitely helped my glucose control even when only eating beef. Current TMAD with 20/4 split.

I am type 2 diabetic with 13 year history of (often severe) IBS-D [which is why i am going beef only for while to try and see if an elimination diet helps - so far diarrhea is only worsening slowly over the past 2 weeks] and my doctor’s receptionist could not tell the details, but booked an appointment to look at starting some kind of medication to treat diabetic kidney disease next month (thanks for sharing no useful info but getting me worried anyway!). I will NOT be taking any medications, but I certainly would like to hear my ACR results and get an eGFR test completed now.

I was already concerned about protein load being well over 2g/kg bodyweight for glucose control, but until I have more clear numbers on my kidney function, I am a bit concerned there as well.

While I said calories, I was short handing, reducing protein which will by necessity reduce calories unless I eat straight up more beef suet (I do not think I WANT to add anymore than I already do), so I will go mildly short on calories (lessen protein load) until I get firm numbers from my doctor in two weeks. I am planning on doing another 7 day fast shortly - when I do I will put a 10 day continuous glucose monitor on for last couple days and do some more carnivore diet testing then starting from a fasted state.

Curious why you said “backflip” on me, elaborate please :slight_smile:

@Karen18 We love STEAK! You and your partner look like you were having a blast dancing - nice to see.

As an aside: I am eating many and plan to eat exclusively Ribeye Steak (10 oz). When I look it up online, there is a HUGE range of fat/protein ratios. I guess I could cut off the fat and weigh it, but it makes it hard to know what is appropriate without doing so. Any thoughts? Here is what I mean:

Nutrition Facts

Rib eye roastRib eye steak, grilledRib eye steak, grilled

Sources include: USDA

Amount Per 100 grams10 oz (283.5 g)1 steak (291 g)10 oz (283.5 g)
Calories 825

% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g 95%
Saturated fat 28 g 140%
Trans fat regulation 4.3 g
Cholesterol 226.8 mg 75%
Sodium 153.1 mg 6%
Potassium 737.1 mg 21%
Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
Dietary fiber 0 g 0%
Sugar 0 g
Protein 68 g 136%

VERSUS

Carbmanager

Carbs in Steaks 10 Oz. Ribeye

Steaks 10 Oz. Ribeye (1 serving) contains 3g total carbs, 3g net carbs, 72g fat, 42g protein, and 839 calories.

Which even says steaks have carbs - although I like the fat/protein split in this one. Short of cutting up each steak and measuring, is one of these far more reasonable that the other (BTW, the darker steak in my picture is one of the ribeye, and it has lots of fat although the picture may not be the best).

I’ve just tracked.
Today I tried not to be crazy with the stew but well, I got hungry 3 times…

256g protein as a who knows how correct guess? (And fortunately way, way, way less fat. I still ate significantly over my energy need as I was quite inactive today as well. But I had a huge eating window due to early morning eating and late eating on the same day.)

It seems I failed :smiley: Though I don’t feel I ate sooo much of it :smiley: I could eat more but I don’t actually need it, I am quite satiated.

Nice stew. I don’t get bored of it unlike with the roasts but I did eat eggs too as usual.

Tomorrow I will only eat stew once :slight_smile: I have other plans. I cooked the tongues for 2 hours, they will be so good!

In another thread we talk about protein… So some people view me as someone who eats very much meat and unusually big meals. I looked up if it’s true that 5oz meat is a normal amount in restaurants as it’s almost nothing but as restaurants don’t tend to give this info, I looked up a steak house as they do. I found tiny (180g), normal (250-300g) and big (600g, about 21.4 oz) steaks. It’s reassuring I am not a weirdo needing a decent amount of meat! Though I was pretty sure about it before too… I am aware people are different. I don’t know normal mealsizes, I never belonged to a family where small meals were a thing but I read this and that sometimes, I saw female dieters with tiny food intake for 5 meals… But if I cut my modest amount of food into 1-3, sometimes in a very uneven way, no wonder my lunches can’t fit into very low limits. And I ate at school and cheaper places for the masses… The portions weren’t exactly small. I always managed to get satiated. Some restaurants are worse but I usually was in better ones :smiley: Or didn’t want vegetarian food, I quickly learned it’s not a good idea. Restaurants have no idea how to make vegetarian dishes for me - or anyone, some think vegetarians don’t really need energy, a few kcal from vegetables are just perfect. Nope, it isn’t. And my style evolved into unusual directions as time passed. Low-carb then keto… Now I surely would do extreme low-carb… I thought maybe I won’t go all free with all animal food when I stop avoiding dairy and take away meat for a tiny while (only if I feel that okay, of course. I would need to get bored with meat first I suppose). I surely could pull off a few vegetarian carnivore-ish days :smiley: I could take away the eggs but it sounds quite bad to me, I don’t do such things. Eggs and dairy gives more variety. But we will see, I am quite fine without dairy still! How many days was it? I looked up, 6.
When will I able not to drink coffee for this long? When I don’t buy more and I run out of it, I suppose.

I want to try to have a small, eggy lunch and see what happens. At least at the weekends when I eat earlier. Except when some tempting meaty dish is ready like today.

But I will experiment with very meaty days too. I really feel eggs aren’t nearly as satiating to me - but they are so low-energy that I can’t even test it, I get bored first unless I use huge variety and tricks, maybe. But with some pork belly, the numbers are better while my food gets more exciting as well.

But maybe I will just eat whatever I please and I always preferred eggs and meat. I don’t need new experiments all the time. But if I will get bored or fancy something very much, I may do unusual days…

(Linda ) #65

@Shinita Don’t worry about your eating portions we all different… In the book I was reading he commented too about it, and said a woman patient had to eat a whole goose as a meal…

Even on my new eating plan Cywes never told me portions he told me not to worry about calories …for him it’s he thinks some of us eat too much protein that the body is not able to process it…
And he feels that it’s happening with ppl that are trying to eat a whole day’s protein in one meal all the time which is why he asked me to eat three meals on low fat days because my protein if I’m hungry will be higher and cut back meals on the days I’m eating fatty meals…

Well dogs got lucky today… I actually live where my house backs onto a canal …I haven’t used it because sometimes it’s longish and the Fite ants are awful …but the heat is just too hot for the dogs in the middle of the day unless I start getting up early to take them…so I sucked it up and took them along the canal…both dogs got about a 2 mile walk each both were happy to get into the airconditioner lol…but both throughly enjoyed it… jake got lucky cos it’s now raining…

Well I think the chicken thighs worked well as first meal I didn’t get hungry until I bit into my steak which i cut in half to make two meals I’m full and I didn’t need that extra meal of eggs.
And no gas today…
Tomorrow I have chuck eye steak…

(Daisy) #66

On a work day, I wake up between 4:30 and 5 and eat my first meal between 7:30 and 8. Pretty typically on any given day, I eat about 3 hours after I wake up.

(Daisy) #67

Today was my daughter’s birthday party. I got up at 7:30 and did all the things I needed to do. Ate my first “meal” at around 11:15, then continued eating it all through the party. Salami, pepperoni and cheese. Lots of it. I don’t eat it often because I can’t stop eating it. But that’s why I take it to events because other people will help me eat it while I still get my full :joy:
Then around 6:30, I had a porterhouse and a carnivore cheesecake I just experimented in making. It was cream cheese, an egg, a spoonful of sour cream, and a couple dashes each of vanilla and lemon extract. Cooked in the air fryer. Should have had butter, but I forgot and it was still very tasty to me! We were supposed to go to Fogo, but that got moved to Monday.
image image image image image

Wake 7 am - 8 am. Do not use an alarm. First meal 11:30am to 12 noon. But I usually have a coffee during the morning. Sometimes with cream. Last meal is usually 6pm - 7pm. In bed by 9pm and asleep by 10pm.

(Edith) #69

On weekdays, I usually wake at 5 am and exercise. If I eat breakfast it’s somewhere between 6:30 am to 8 am. Strength training mornings usually make me hungry for breakfast.

If I don’t eat breakfast, lunch is around 11:00 am.

I am up around 5am every day even tho retired now and bed around 12 at night…first food meal is usually around 11/12 and second is around 3 to 5 and food done for the day.

@Naghite
here is a good resource to examine on why one comes into zero carb/carnivore eating… https://www.zerocarbhealth.com/

backflip I am referring to new carnivores, new being easily under a year mostly are still changing and healing. Here is a tad on why we don’t fast when new (subject to longer term carnivores ‘may try to experiment’ a bit with longer fasting but in the end almost none us do this cause we get a natural not forced IF in our lives anyway from our meal intake)—

Fasting is beneficial if you are eating a diet that contains carbohydrates. The reason fasting is beneficial is because of the absence of damaging, inflammatory carbohydrates in the body, not the lack of food.

The health benefits are not from fasting and eliminating all food, it is from eliminating carby/plant foods that damage your body.

Simply eliminating carbohydrates from your diet will produce all the benefits of fasting minus the starvation. There is no need to fast on a Zero Carb diet. When eating only meat, your are eliminating the foods that damaged it and providing it with the food that it needs to build, repair and heal. You body NEEDS nutrients, protein and fat everyday. If you are fasting where do you think your body is getting nutrients? It’s taking them from where ever it can get it, bones, organs, muscles and fat. Yes, you can lose fat when fasting, just know that you are also losing bone mass, muscle mass, and organ tissue. How is that healthy?

--------------so that explains some of why carnivores don’t want to force fast long periods of time.

also when newer to the plan, not eating is just torture for many and alot of time it makes people leave the plan cause they aren’t eating their meat and fat per day to ‘have normal food intake’ and they abandon the plan overall cause ‘they couldn’t handle carnivore’ and blame more the plan then ‘all the forced fasting and crazy dieting tweaks’ they added to the plan when just ‘simple eat meat and fat each day’ is what this plan is all about.

then also your gut biome etc doesn’t get a chance to truly change faster if you don’t eat for long periods of time, then it can’t correct as well to the meat and fat you are eating and you could be easily going to prolong any loose stools etc.

the whole thing of carnivore is simple…eat the meat, let it heal the body, let it feed the body, normalize the appetite and ‘go back to a natural life reset’ and balance out hormones and reset your vitamin and mineral loads to rebalance and all that good health stuff all the time you are eating every day to do just that.

So this is some carnivore info about how coming into this plan is to take the simplest non-invasive approach. Keep it as a daily eating plan, along with letting the food heal and change the body, along with not forcing any old dieting tricks and tips on it to make it work against you.

That info is the kind of chat you will hear most every carnivore say who is longer term, yrs into plan. Eating is what heals a person and fixes and heals.

Yea no carnivore is worrying about their ribeye mostly :slight_smile: No one is using apps and more. Slap the steak on the grill and eat. Done. If you want to eat all that yummy fat and meat, eat it, if you are eating that ribeye and some of that fat just isn’t a draw, leave it on the plate. Go by what your body is asking for at all times.

------------------------SO FOR TODAY I am in that mood of I don’t care what I eat cause I GOT TAYLOR HAM…hit a grocery again and I got 8 big pork rolls and I am thrilled.

So first meal is some taylor ham and the tiny bit of last of the leftover pork ribs.

second meal I got burgers to eat I cooked before, time to use them up…so thinking big bacon cheeseburgers…bacon :slight_smile:

Just cruising along well and easy and eating fine and doing great…now to FIND those darn good crab leg sales and load up the freezer IF I can LOL

Hey Michael. Thanks for filling out your story. Have you heard much about Tucker Goodrich? He had a good podcast talk the other day. I think of him and a low to no carb elimination diet for IBD and diverticulitis.

(Karen) #72

Work days up at 4.45am exercise and eat between 11am & 1pm . On my days off I am up around 7.45am , exercise and eat between 11am and 2pm

Haven’t done any OMAD’s generally eat 2 a day and have a little snack of cheese when I feel like it.

I don’t really worry, it’s just surpirising a bit… If someone says such things to me on a CICO site, it’s not surprising but here… But various kinds of people are here, newbies aplenty too so it actually isn’t that surprising… But to me, even the existence of people who considers 3-5 oz meat plenty is so odd my brain just let the memory go… :smiley: I don’t even eat carbs with it, not like they would help me so how on earth would it be enough? I don’t even need to eat much to find it seriously lacking…

My mealsizes are things I have little control on but I do care about my calories as I need to eat little to lose fat (just care. I don’t enforce it, that’s why I usually stall since many years). My body is simple like that. Carbs don’t matter in that at all, it seems except more carbs mean more fat and more calories… But when I manage to eat little on a carby woe, I always lose fat, what else would I do? My body don’t just slow down my metabolism when not even starvation is present… Maybe not even then (or just a little. or after a long while. not smart, I would slim down and die earlier in famine if it’s reluctant to slow down metabolism when there is a reason for it. maybe it is optimistic like me). When I starved, I wasn’t cold. And I lived, slept and washed myself in 8C/46F :smiley: Maybe it means nothing, I can imagine my hedonist body simply stopped bothering me about things I can’t change, not like it EVER did except that case… Like when I crossed the country in 3C rain on a motorbike. I very nearly froze off, it was AWFUL. And even my mental state was pretty bad as Mom died and we had to handle things…
But I carried away I usual.

I actually wanted to write I try my “tiny eggy lunch” idea, well only if my body is cooperative but I put a little effort into it. Of course I started to eat (drink eggy coffees) earlier… But I switched to eggwhite+butter coffees soon, ate my scrambled eggs with a little pork belly, it obviously wasn’t enough so I tasted the new tongue (not enough salt… maybe that’s why it wasn’t as good as last time? or it really wants more/real garlic? my bbq spice has a little, the liquid I boiled the tongues in is pretty good! and a bit fatty. it’s a pig, of course even its tongue is fatty, at least the surrounding area, the tongue itself feels lean)… And that’s it. 700 kcal and I am not hungry, I suspect the effect will last an hour or something… But maybe 2. Unlikely but possible! I just don’t eat such small lunches and I actually drank some earlier.

I handle no dairy pretty well BUT no-dairy (except the tiny butter) yes-coffee still is a tad unfortunate combo… At least with my current, less good coffee. But properly anyway. I should try harder not to drink it or really let myself to run out of it…

I made lots of wonderful sponge cakes! Normal ones and whiter ones for my stew! Alv made carby (but protein rich) food for himself, the kind I love as I don’t need to cook for 4 days for him - just a little something to accompany it but he is fine with my meat or sunny side ups. He enjoys the tongue with it too, yay. So he doesn’t touch the stew too often… Yay. It starts to get so tiny and I barely had it for a day… One day we will need a BIG stew. Not a huge one, our cauldron/kettle for outside cooking (we have a single good word for it but English seemingly doesn’t…?) isn’t big but 4kg meat will be okay for it. I want simple days when I just eat stew (with my sponge cakes)!

Oh I wanna write mine too but these… vary.
My last meal ends at 6-7pm or 8-9, sometimes around midnight (I am so not happy with that). I stopped eating at 2-4 am as I am sleeping at that time now, thank Heavens. I am not a morning person but I am not a true night owl! Very, very, very rarely my last meal ends at 4pm or earlier on my extremely special lunch OMAD days. My OMAD meal is usually an earlier or normal dinner.
I go to bed after midnight but before 2am lately, yay! But usually right after midnight and that’s great for my 8am waking time. It probably helps with the fight against late eating. I wake up earlier now but I eat at the same time so my eating window don’t even have a chance to be as big as in the past on unlucky days. I usually don’t handle big eating windows well, I should eat in the afternoon.

Poor Alvaro wakes up at 4:30am is he is very lucky. If not, 2-3am but he needs big frustration for that. Waking up a bit too early often happens though. Weekends are the same, his habits don’t change so suddenly. He goes to bed around 10pm. We had times with no subset regarding our sleeping times, it was rare too. I usually went to bed 5 hours after him. He is a morning person, fortunately as he always managed to get a job where he had to start at 6am sharp while living quite far from the workplace…
If anyone is interested though he never would go very near to even low-carb, he has his breakfast at 6am (1000 kcal as he doesn’t want to gain fat), his lunch at 3pm on workdays together with me (it’s similarly big) and a smaller dinner at 5-7pm (often together with me). Weekends are different, breakfast is the same but lunch is at 1pm or earlier (11am is possible) as it is more natural for him, he just can’t do it on weekdays… I often join him there too because I get hungry earlier on weekends and the fresh food is tempting. And dinner is at the usual time. Hungrier days produce shorter times between meals and sometimes he finishes his dinner at 2pm though he tries his best not to as he will starve all evening but he never eats more than 3 times as he would gain fat then. Losing fat is simple, he skips dinner and suffers. Very quick and effective fat-loss and it lasts for long, it is just not hedonistic at all. I never ever found food choices or timing or anything working better, I feel so, so helpless. Not like I solved my own problems and I am way more fat… It could be worse :slight_smile: I don’t gain if I eat as much as I want on a good woe. I heard about people barely eating (at least from my viewpoint) and staying quite fat or getting fattier (if they truly eating very little, that is extreme, things must be so messed up in their bodies, poor souls!!!). I am 75kg/165lbs, I am not HUGE just 20kg more than “ideal” (unless I gain a lot of muscle but I won’t. but some would be good. I have aching upper arms again, hopefully my last workout was effective :D).

Walk along the beach on a sunny spring day. Home for 2 pm breakfast of 100g smoked Atlantic salmon, 3 large eggs and 60g Jarlsberg cheese. Black coffee no cream.

Out to do some farm chores. Changed the rope seal on the wood stove door. Trained some grapevines that are just starting to show leaves. Attached a hose reel to the shed. Set the rat traps. Did some weeding. I’ll tackle the composting toilet tomorrow.

6 pm dinner of 350g scotch fillet with pan fried halloumi, Castello blue cheese and another egg. Added pink Himalayan salt to my fresh rain water. It’s 9pm. Time for bed.

(Karen) #75

Friday night was another chappy night sleep … you would think after not sleeping Thursday night, doing my stair runs, driving to Yorkshire and dancing for 3.5 hours I would have slept like a log but I am useless when it comes to sleeping away. I take my own pillow which sort of helps but still struggle with the terrible beds. I had to put the sofa bed cushions onto my mattress to make it a bit more comfortable! Anyway Saturday morning i was awake before the alarm … could say that everytime I woke up lol but at 6.24am precisely I was out of bed and went hunting for the fire escape. My room was on 4th floor so I guessed the stairs wouldn’t be too far away and they were literally just a few steps along the corridor. 1 stair runs represented 3 flights of stairs so only had to do 34!! :rofl:

Went for breakfast at 8.30 but of course I don’t eat at that time so took my little food container with me and packed it full of bacon sausages and 2 easy over eggs that the cook made to order.

Before going down for evening meal I ate 2 hard boiled eggs… just in case food was a bit scarce lol.

Evening meal I chose the black pudding and blue cheese pate for a starter which was absolutely lovely. Pic below. Never eaten or fancied black pudding so this was definitely a first and I was truly surprised at how nice it was. Going to look up a recipe for it and make it at home. Then the main I had confit duck leg.forgot to take a pic. I wasn’t expecting there to be much meat on it but it was quite big and plenty meat. I was already a bit full from the black pudding pate and felt a little too full after the duck. Dessert was cheese again so I took that back to my room for later. Didnt get round to eating it so brought it hone with me.

Another great evening dancing and then … huge surprise another sleepless night… Needless to say I had yo drag myself out of bed at 7am to do my stair runs. The fact my neck was hurting so bad was the reason I did them… to jiggle away the pain and reset my back/neck else I would have considered doing them when I got home.

Breakfast, same as yesterday easy over eggs bacon and sausages packed into my good container and stopped en route home to eat a bit and brought rest home.

Well I am knackered but I have emptied suitcase of dresses and dance shoes and re packed it for our trip to Norfolk tomorrow. Weather has improved and meant to be rather nice tomorrow so shorts are going to be the order of the day/week … hopefully!20210905_142548

(Michael) #76

I will check Tucker Goodridge out. A quick search shows he blames Vegetable oils for his issues (I haven’t eaten a vegetable oil in years), but I will watch a few videos in their entirety regardless. I am sure I will learn things I do not currently know.

(Linda ) #77

I get up a few times for the dogs usually 6 or 7 occassionally they leave me til 8 am I try to eat at around 11 am no matter when I wake and 2nd meal at 3 but now on my lean fat days I try to have two meals before 5pm

(Michael) #78

I understand your position, although I do not (currently) agree with your analysis. Fasting does a lot more than “just” stop carbohydrate damage. You may not care about autophagy, but eating any protein turns it off, and so you are not caring about one of the major benefits of fasting. Well that is fine, but if someone does care about autophagy (as I do), then it has value. I also would expect insulin resistance to be reduced faster than when eating protein due to the increased drop in insulin after a few days - that absolutely would not happen when eating, even if only protein.
I understand as well, that the majority on this forum do not think protein has an effect on blood sugars. However, the only evidence I have seen quoted is a segment that in fact says the opposite (for diabetics with metabolic syndrome) if you actually listen carefully, so not sure why everyone is convinced on this. As noted earlier, I will prove it for myself one way or other with CGM in a bit (and post the results even if I prove myself incorrect). Is this lore just that, lore, or are there actual studies proving this point? If so, please link!, because in all my research, I have not seen anything different in the literature, than what my understanding seems to match.

I get that for autogaphy but it is cleaning up damaged cells etc which is what the carbs do to the body. Carbs simple rot the inside of your veins and more and of course in today’s menus and foods it is over the top off the chain now. When one heals the cells back to a natural reset of what a natural physical body is all about eating an elimination menu which is what carnivore is and corrects, then the use of what autogaphy isn’t as required cause you don’t need to heal up and handle those damaged cells and more…but of course I also simplified that alot when I wrote that, I know the autophagy holds some merit but against carnivore it doesn’t become a true issue for many of us…we like to eat for nutrition to heal the body, not starve the body into some submission or ?? whatever benefits one places on autophagy but of course that is personal choice on it.

I put the value on feeding the body nutrition to heal vs. the other.
and like I said we get a natural non-forced ‘time off eating’ as many of us follow a loose IF of like 18/6 or 20/4 in our every day life.

Yes protein has effect on blood sugars. Every single item we swallow has effects on our insulin in our bodies, from chewing sugar free gum to your choice of drinks…anything in has an effect for sure.

here is some protein info: http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2017/07/gluconeogenesis.html

remember we ‘chat out stuff’ about carnivore and other things in these threads, we throw around info and keep it pertaining to our carnivore lifestyle mostly…thing is it is about learning what fits us best, how to travel the carnivore plan and how each of us do need to find our place in our timeline on the plan. Longer term carnivores find absolute set sameness in our journey most of the time, we can relate when we hold the plan and just eat the meat and drink the water :slight_smile: We heal and change and get wonderful benefits to our health and one thing we have in common, we eat every day for nutrition…carnivores don’t fast…there might be a handful that do for religious issues or they ‘enjoy it’ in some way truly but it is not the norm in carnivore plan groups at all and there are reasons for just that.

if one wants to ‘do carnivore’ a certain way then that is cool too but most times, when ones goes too far left or right in a carnivore plan it doesn’t end up well. Just thru experiences of those who been there, done that and couldn’t hold the plan at all. Again, observations over years of it from forums and more has more facts on what it takes to change to this plan and reasons we do this plan long term, for those who want to ‘try it and go back’ later into keto etc. would be willing to do alot more tweaks to the plan itself, I get that.

(Edith) #80

What is the second food picture? It looks tasty!