SOP September, CarnivoreStyle

@Azi
thanks for all the great info from your Dr C visit.

Yes, I agree and I get it, you ‘aren’t new carnivore’ if you are fully fat adapted on the paper even if your time on the plan isn’t too long just yet…I absolutely understand that reasoning for sure…I like it!

Alot of times it is a natural walk into eating heavy fat days and days we need lean days…I never ‘put myself’ on this path with intention like you and KD are doing…I just let carnivore lead me there. I fell into the same thing, a few days of lean eating cause it is all I wanted and then boom…had to have that big food refeed and this pattern for many of us is just a natural carnivore step along the way…but it is fab that is is being noted out there ya know…to help with possible weight gain issues or with possible blood sugar issues etc.

You had me laughing, I could see those big dogs of yours dragging you around :slight_smile: Glad you survived HA

@VirginiaEdie
super great picture and a meat haul like that…wowaz!!
definitely give us a report on how your meat tastes and quality and all that when you can.

@Ketodaisy
wow that is stressful and I don’t like days like that either! But you find some down time and some KD time to chillax a bit if ya can!! :sunny:
Well worth that little bit of driving to get loaded up on beef bacon…wow…yum

@Carnivoor
fab pics on the board!
great info from your posts too

--------------WONDERFUL carni chat on the board!

cooking my country ribs I got defrosted today
have chicken breasts I am going to fry up and have handy in fridge.
those 2 packs didn’t defrost fast for cooking yesterday LOL

so I ate a big Tbone steak
can of tuna
few slices of salami

I am in ‘medium eating mode’ now. I am finding with the weather changing to COLDER and yea I know people say 65 ain’t cold, but to me who loves high 90s all the time, 65 is friggin’ winter time HA but I also feel my food ramping up a bit…like I feel the season wanting to change sooner than later and I am getting that little twinge of ‘eat to hibernate and survive winter’ type mood…it is funny but I feel very connected to nature more and more and longer I stay on this plan! I love that, something I didn’t experience to this level. The more life drama stress crap that isn’t in my day, that day seems to be so in tune with sunrise to sunset kinda, like a natural day to step thru and just ‘be and live and survive’ and I feel it in my bones more…I don’t know…just rambling how carni has given me more changes than just better health, I feel more connected in some darn way that I am liking to ‘full life’ out there I guess.

well, everything is going zc great here so far.

SOP is just doing its thing :slight_smile:

well i originally asked because for the past several months i’ve been intentionally skipping breakfast to try and see if i could condition myself to only eat 2 meals a day, but i’m still hungry every morning. so i thought it might be because i don’t have enough “breakfast” from my liver since i don’t consume enough carbs for the glucose or whatever

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #43

A lot of long-term carnivores still eat three meals a day. Their advice is to eat if you feel hungry. Just go with what your body seems to want, and you should be fine.

i guess my body is also still confused about when it’s hungry or not maybe? because i will eat my steak until i don’t feel like eating anymore, but if someone puts another steak but with bbq sauce on it in front of me, i will be able to devour that entire steak. so i don’t know if i don’t feel like eating the plain steak because i’m actually that sick of it, or actually full since i can apparently still consume another whole steak if it has some flavors on it that i’m not supposed to eat.

everyone rants and raves about the benefits of intermittent fasting so i tried to force myself into it, but i guess the benefits would be negated if i force the intermittent fasting instead of letting it occur naturally?

(Linda ) #46

I think alot of these intermittent fasting ideas are coming through from ppl that go keto to carnivore … the difference is we don’t have all that extra cellulose to break down from the greens they eat.
We are not cows so we have to break that down in our gut with bacteria …and it’s why we often see food pass through us unchanged when we eat things we can’t break down…

If you wake up and your hungry eat maybe try a egg or two see if that makes a difference.?

Even with this new eating regime of Dr Cywes I’m not changing when I start eating because I’m not hungry then and I don’t want to train my body to think well I have to eat now at this time …I’ll still eat his three meals but I’m going to try and not over eat to do that just may be eat alittle less so I want to eat a third time.

I never ate breakfast on keto or a standard diet. In fact, I used to be repulsed by the idea of food when I first woke up (ever since I was 11 or so). After waking, I wouldn’t eat for 2-3 hours - but at the 2-3 hour mark, I’d suddenly become ravenous.

On carnivore, I’m often hungry within 30-45 minutes of waking.

My body doesn’t care about seasons, it wants its fatty protein all year round and a lot of it… Well I have some lower-cal days here and there but rarely and there is a limit… And it’s usually connected with my food choices.

I bought pork! 2 hearts, 2 tongues, 2 slightly meaty bones for soup and a slab of chuck!

I think hunger is very individual and I doubt people necessary stop being hungry when skipping a meal… But I can’t test it as I only skip a meal if I am not hungry (and probably I am satiated. it’s harder to skip it when I can eat and it’s time. I skip if I can’t eat or can but I have zero or less appetite).
I never ever was hungry in the morning, I so hated in as a kid, you surely read this from it many times :smiley: Stupid breakfast just made me hungry early. I am naturally okay until noon if I don’t mess it up with hunger. I only could subtly force myself to a super tiny anti-satiating 11am breakfast (before keto), I only ate earlier when my Mom made me as a kid, at least I remember so. My 3pm lunch worked great for long and now I try to start to eat later because it sounds a very good idea and my body naturally moved to that direction before but changed back…
Lunch is interesting. Sometimes I can skip it, usually not, I often get triggered because Alvaro is at home, lunchtime arrived, food is made and I often get somewhat hungry at that point especially after a walk… And small lunch is no option, my lunch must be massive - not always on carnivore, though but it can’t be really small like 3 eggs, it would never work.
I don’t remember what happened when I went from 3 meals to 2 but basically I kept both my important bigger meals and skipped a small one when I stopped having any hunger at that time…? Yep, that happened. Now I have everything from 1 to 5 meals. It was 2 + 2*0.5 yesterday, I even ate at night :frowning: But I was hungry and at 1300 kcal, I felt it’s valid. Just ate some bresaola, a tiny egg and 8g pork belly! Wow, I am impressed with my unusual modest ways, I am usually super uncontrolled at night (but I ate erythritol so the loss of control was there, I suppose. sigh. I did it so well… but at least it wasn’t dairy! or peanuts).

I forgot that butter in my coffee isn’t exactly dairy free but it’s tiny, it’s still not so good without cream (that’s why I should STOP drinking coffee…) and butter is basically fat to me, I don’t do these days to get off from butter that I barely ever eat and even then in a tiny amount. But I try to stop along with the stupid coffee… It’s not good at all, this not so great brand without cream…

Now that I have supplies and figured out that scrambled eggs with pork belly is great, I feel very hopeful. Alvaro will make stews instead of goulash and I continue my dairy free (except a tiny butter) carnivorer-ish days. It may seem relaxed to you but it’s strict to me! Not too strict, it’s very nice but still, no sour or normal cream or the occasional cheese, my options changed a lot!

And this is what can be a total mystery or something impossible sometimes…
What if my body doesn’t want ANY food (lowest appetite ever) but it’s super hungry? I have that sometimes. What if it gets satiated with a few bites at a time? I simply have zillion meals then (even if I eat after satiation but the total limit is too easily reached) but it’s annoying. Or these are temporal things only? My undereating days followed by nearly unsatiable days only happened in the very beginning… And I need variety or else I won’t be able to eat my boring food and I will starve (no, I get creative but if I wasn’t a hedonist, I could suffer).
And what to eat? And how much? It’s still not always easy.
And I think my hunger works well enough… Not everyone’s does. Though mine goes on holidays sometimes but hunger isn’t my most reliable sign anyway so I usually follow others more.
(But I often have conflicting urges, I don’t know why I am like this… It’s good I am used to eating without any hunger or appetite, I needed them a lot on carnivore. But negative appetite still is a problem as I can’t eat then.)

I bring photos and talk about my daily food later. I only had 2 meals from 3. Today I have quite small meals I think. I didn’t track yet so I have little idea, I can’t guess at all.

No cavities! Dentist couldnt find anything wrong. So i guess its just scurvy?

Anyway, good news and Friday night, that warrants arctic cod with egg-butter.

(Linda ) #50

If your eating fresh meat and some fish it should not be scurvy… it might just be oxalate dumping or something…

Food for me today 1st meal 3 eggs but it only holds me a couple of hours then 2nd meal 2 skinless chicken thighs 1 egg life wrap…

Dinner tonight will be my strip steak …which leaves me my chicken for lunch tomorrow.

Took the dogs out for a walk why is it when it’s wet out they want to slosh in the wet grass but when it’s hot out and im trying to get them to walk in the grass so they can’t burn their paws they insist on being on the road…i cut chachas a bit short because of the heat I might be good and take her out for more later. She is fatter than Jake so its prob her that needs the longer walk lol…

(Edith) #51

Yup, that is me, too. I really enjoy the heat and humidity and the warm mornings.

For us, it was in the 50s this morning and it made me a little sad to know the Dog Days of Summer are coming to a close.

(Daisy) #52

My routine was off today. We only had to work 5 hours today, so I slept in a half hour, got up, got the kids and pig up, worked out, drove kids to school, came home, laid down for an hour, took care of the outside animals, logged onto work, then had my breakfast of Canadian bacon, eggs, and bone broth jello with collagen powder. Finished out my work day, picked kids up from school and had to run some errands. I usually eat dinner around 2 and by the time I got to eat it was almost 5 and I was ravenous! I don’t remember how to blur sentences, but for the last 5 or 6 days I have been fiercely craving a salad. On my errand I picked up greens on markdown for the rabbits, so I made myself a small one first with romaine, feta cheese, bacon, and primal kitchen dressing. That perfectly satisfied the craving but naturally I was still starving! Made a chicken breast with a little Alfredo. Still starving. Made a carnivore cinnamon roll. Still starving. Made some beef bites. Still starving. Had another yogurt. Still starving. Grabbed a thin porterhouse out of the freezer and threw it in the air fryer and ate all of that. Finally was full! It was insane.image image image image imageimage

(Michael) #53

Still doing just beef and water (currently 14 days into beef + water after 10 day fast). Still eating a bit too much, probably going to cut down the calories soon. Here was my breakfast today. Had a third steak a few hours after this meal.

(Karen) #54

Arghhh missing my steaks and even more looking at the pic above.

Didn’t have much sleep on Thursday night pre trip away, anxiety palpitations kept kicking in!

Friday morning did stair runs and got the last of my stuff packed for weekend. Packed my foodie bits of a tub of whole pulled chicken, salam, sm8ked hami and 6 hardboiled eggs … just in case.

Good journey that took 2.45 hours which was spot on what my sat nav calculated, no diversions yay. Dinner was at 6pm and I got this …

It first arrived on top of all the gubbins but 8 sent it back as I had written my instruction on menu sheet. The head waitress quickly ran over and sent the young girl back saying she had informed the chef. She was very nice. … and then came out with this …
Apparently the chef found an extra portion of fish and thought I might like it! … I did lol very tasty and I popped a bit of butter on top. Stone baked Bass.

Portions a bit smaller than you may expect in the US but in all honesty it was quite filling, though not sure it would have been quite so filling had I not stuffed myself first with chicken and salami lol

Raymond ordered pork schnitzel and didn’t enjoy it at all and said it was very dry and his soup was just warm!

Well I am looking forward to tonight’s offerings

Danced from 8 till 1130pm and Raymond was like his old entertainer self and you wouldn’t have guessed the traumas he had been through over the past few weeks or so! We danced our socks off like old times and even did an ‘off the cuff’ rock n roll exhibition for everyone.
If that’s the result of Raymond’s yukky meal then I hope it is as bad tonight :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes. Let it occur naturally. That is the beauty of carnivore, follow the food signals and they will change as one heals more but some people do have very varied eating patterns. Longer on plan, more time on ALL of this plan and we still change alot, so when we force anything too much on carnivore we don’t do as well in bucking that natural process of change. I also know exactly what you mean about a little bbq sauce on a steak, or some other ‘type of flavoring’ will be attractive sometimes and that taste can draw one to eat more, key is does your body really need it? It really is that question of ‘it might’ or you are eating for that sake of that taste change. I walked thru this too cause as one drops many old tastes sometimes when you get them back they are just alluring to us, just taste so damn great but you know what, that draw will start to dump off all carnivores also at some point in the forward journey to the level you might be experiencing it also.

that is interesting. I was never a morning eater at all either ever thru my life mostly and on carnivore I had a ‘small stint’ of where I had to eat early for some reason, I thougth WTH? I just ate and then eventually I changed back to not wanting any food before at least 11 in the morning as my usual self…will be interesting to see later if you flip around again :slight_smile:

in relation to carnivore they are ‘just you’ right now. I got mixed up signals and off balance on what to eat and how much I really wanted and ate very low appetite days and for a good bit, til the ol’ body changed up and I got more clear signals of what food I needed and how much…so yea, you can put this flip up in the temporary file and just keep plugging along til your body changes up again. On carnivore, you think the plan is ‘very simple’ but as we heal and hormones etc change around we really do have some changes that are wild and different in a way and people don’t realize we do deal with wild changes sometimes…just keep on keeping on :slight_smile:

:rofl::rofl: :clown_face:
Too darn funny!

I hear you on that. Darn asphalt can get hot insane!

Ohhhh I got a twin here on weather, love it! I hear ya on that sadness definitely!

:clown_face::rofl::sunglasses: This is one of the wildest sentences I ever seen written in our carnivore thread! :100: Hysterical to read for those who don’t know of your recent piggie adoption! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You craving, yea they do still hit us every now and then…what I did for carnivore was always eat big meat first, eat that steak and then eat that chicken alfredo, then eat beef bites and by then, good chance your cinnamon roll and yogurt woulda became a no go along with your craving…(now this is me and how I had to deal with me with cravings cause if I didn’t eat monster big first, then I grazed thru food after food after food just like you experienced and that kinda drove me wild and seemed to work against me personally) but I know you sure got this in the bag handling your eating day :slight_smile:

@Naghite
you will have to remind me how long you have been on the carnivore plan?

10 day fast? unless you are 10 plus years into being carnivore, most of us would never do a 10 day fast ever. SOME and very few do great including fast cause it works SO well for them ya know…you might be one of them…but stay on your toes, this can back flip against you so fast…

Carnivores don’t cut down calories. We eat and eat from day 1 as we need…that food is what repairs/heals, changes hormones and gut biome and will change our nutrition needs as it heals and more…so we don’t ‘force’ anything, we let the plan and eating change our bodies to a natural eating pattern etc. that suits us as individuals.

Nice meat pic.

So can you explain kinda how long carnivore and your journey how it has worked out on plan for you a bit so I can get a reading on how you are tackling this lifestyle and how it has effected you? We come from alot of different issues with our bodies thru med issues etc. and we are all gonna heal and change and flip around at different times on this plan so a tad more info gives me more info to chat up wtih ya :slight_smile:

Smart Karen :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I did the same, have carnivore, will travel LOL
wow eating out is rough, gave me the chills seeing that little naked fish on the plate----sweet you got extra. US portions on fish are actually small for some reason so that first portion is what we would get, around here you got monster portions of pasta, bread offered, tons of taters but the protein, nope, they control that good part pretty tight…but they give you huge portions of the crap that we don’t want LOL

Super happy you and Raymond had such a great time dancing and glad he is feeling alot better! Love you guys in that big smile picture!

-----------pork ribs were fantastic
got 2 nice ones for leftover today

had to feed kid so I have her the ‘good part of my Tbone steak’ and I figured I would eat something else but I wasn’t hungry…those 2 fatty delish pork ribs kinda shut me down so I ate the bone scraps and all that stuff from that big steak which was delish, a tad not enough and jumped on a few slices of salami…and…was gonna have…but nope, appetite shut down.

So this morning I went outside and it is like 55 and brrrr LOL
but I hit that colder air and thought squirrels are needing big nut supplies, bears are gonna be eating anything they can get to fatten up for winter hibernation and then I thought…who thinks like this? HA
I do…being a farmer I was ruled by seasons. It spurred one into action from the crops we planted to handling animal seasons for livestock and our seasons was US in a nutshell…being carnivore I think this way also alot more now about what natural life and following seasons and reasons for it all are just a part of me. I feel my eating is gonna change up and was thinking I was gonna be eating more cause season change is coming up us, but not quite just yet :slight_smile: big fatty pork as my first meal right now is controlling how my second meal goes down, cause when this ol’ gal forfeits most of her Tbone steak to her kid easy and willingly, yea I am not that hungry at all LOL

I just follow my path each meal, every day, see where it goes :sunny:

today is leftover ribs and got some chicken to tackle for second meal.
I have to watch defrosting too much meat at one time when I am in a less hungry mode, I can get overwhelmed with too much meat coming at me when I just am not in the mood for it. So taking each day a tad slower, finding me in it, and keeping this plan as simple as it can be!

I tried to find snow crab legs. My store was out. Meat man said they haven’t received any stock on it lately…huh…so I might be shopping up some other stores to see what is out there I can get my hands on, maybe have to settle for some lobsters but want crab…got a hankering coming down the chute for some great seafood!

Enjoy your Carnivore day everyone and SOP it out :sunny:

I am cooking a scotch fillet steak in some butter. It’s not sexy.
Back in the countryside. Met a chocolate Labrador puppy today and exchanged homemade red wine for two dozen farm laid eggs. NOFUN 3 egg omelette with refried cold roast beef leftovers and cheese. Added mackerel on top of the steak. Still surfing the turf.

(Doug) #57

I trust you were careful in this transaction - those Labrador puppies are known to drive a hard bargain.

Understanding the heat lovers is hard enough but we are different, fine. But hot and humid… It’s an awful combination, my walks become tiring instead of refreshing then…

65 is very nice to me but we have hotter days than that again. So a bit too hot but I don’t complain at all after this super hot summer :smiley: I have my favorite season with my favorite temperatures, yay!
Maybe not right now. I am up unusually early, it’s dark outside and 7C/45F. That’s low. I must go out and feel it! :smiley:
I expect 2 wonderful months, ideal to make walks, hiking, cycling and little runs! Finally, not summer, I can move more! (Not like I did it much in the last weeks. I just made my short walks, 4-6km).
Autumn is pretty too. And a very weak fruit season for me as autumn fruits are way too sweet (and I don’t eat much fruit even in July anymore and that’s a super intense season with most of my big favs). We pressure can apples today, they are very useful in Alvaro’s pear cakes, those need a little sourness. Super tasty apples but still not tempting, I just tasted a gram or something out of curiosity. This is the realization of 2021 for me: being the best tasting thing ever isn’t enough, this fact alone can’t give me joy when I eat the thing. I realize the taste but it’s neutral if I don’t possess any desire towards it even while eating (as it’s easy not wanting something but enjoying it).

I didn’t find the food photo I was searching for (but I cleared ALL my CF cards, oh my, I have zillions of animal photos I need to work on… and found kitten photos from 2016…) but it was ugly anyway. But here is my lunch from yesterday. I think I will try what happens if I just eat scrambled eggs for lunch (as I have already figured out how to make it not boring)… I get hungry in no time (between 0 and 90 minutes), most probably but we will see.
I actually lasted for 1.5 hour this time and it was only 3 eggs and some processed pork (and half an egg in my coffees)! A tiny lunch, super rare in my life.

[…]
I found my photos! The ugly lunch first, a few days ago:

Bad photo of an ugly lunch but I couldn’t care less.
Barely scrambled egg from the previous day, eggs with salmon spread/yolk/mustard mix and the invisible/black thing is chewy fried beef… It wasn’t one of my best lunches lately… And I couldn’t eat everything.

Yesterday’s lunch then (without the coffee):

I wish I bought more cooked pork belly… This dish had the last pieces of our sausage as well but they aren’t needed.

I am still okay without dairy (except the little butter in my coffee… and hot cocoa today, I have my limits, okay? Especially when I wake up at ungodly hours with a sore throat, it disappeared almost instantly as usual. Is morning very subtly sore throat a thing or I am oh so special? I only rarely have this. So I wanted a cocoa but realized that VERY eggy coffees are nice too. I drank 3 eggs this far and it’s only 3pm).

Oh I did my usual and ate at dawn today. I always eat when I wake up before 6am (3am-6am is my sacred sleep time and it’s horrible if I wake up then. super rare too, of course). If I don’t wake up when I should be asleep, I practically never eat before noon. I wasn’t hungry but my miserable too-early-zombie state likes a tiny scrambled egg. I always eat that if I eat that early :smiley: And I had my mentioned eggy-buttery non-coffee drink (but it had coffee in it. I almost never use coffee or cocoa without the other - my coffees are exceptions and my coffee/mascarpone pancakes too. my chocolate has lots of coffee in it, I mean, way more than Alvaro’s. I rarely touch it as carnivore took away my interest - and it’s not carnivore and I may respect that sometimes… - but I still have my own jar.)

My stew meal happened after 1pm, right after Alvaro cooked it. No photo yet and I must hurry as it’s TINY! 2 kg meat is, like, nothing for a stew, we knew that but we didn’t have very much beef and didn’t want the pork to overpower it. Well, I probably would like a full beef stew better and I am very sure a goulash must contain only ruminant meat (as they always do, our plan was a bastardized version) so I suppose we should buy much more beef than usual in the city next time. The price isn’t THAT much over pork price and it’s exotic to me, beef definitely have some extra charm. I just wouldn’t want to eat it every day. My precious bresaola doesn’t count. I quite like that stuff. It was a bit weird first but not bad. It’s a very handy item.
The chewy beef leg got so nice and tender when it got its 90 minutes or more cooking!

what time do you all usually wake up and what time do you normally eat your first “meal?”

I usually wake between 8am and 9am.

I tend to eat about 45 minutes - 90 minutes after waking, but I don’t really look at the clock. If I’m hungry, I’m hungry - but sometimes work means I can’t eat immediately.

On keto, I used to eat around 4 hours after waking.