Soooooooo hungry

(Carl Keller) #21

I don’t normally suggest snacking but if it saves you from relapsing on sugary or processed carbs, then by all means, put those cravings in check with a fatty snack:

Pork rinds, deviled eggs, cheese sticks and nuts (be careful with nuts since they do have some carbs) helped me get over the rough spots of my first week in keto.

But ideally you want to try to eat meals that have lots of good fats (and protein) in them and eventually this will allow you to not be hungry long enough to make it the next proper meal. Protein and fat are what keeps you full and keeps your satiety hormone (leptin) happy.

Here’s a pretty good article that offers suggestions as to what foods will help increase your dietary fat.

https://blog.metagenics.com/post/2018/07/23/5-ways-to-add-more-fat-on-a-ketogenic-diet/

(Running from stupidity) #22

Start with protein. Always protein.

Protein and fat are what keeps you full and keeps your satiety hormone (leptin) happy…

:+1:

(Carl Keller) #23

Good point. Thanks for keeping me in line. :wink:

(Running from stupidity) #24

:pray:

:smiley:

(Allie) #25

It’s called humour, a joke… you said peanut butter was tiring and @juice made a funny…

There are a multitude of peanut butter free fat bomb recipes, in fact I’m not sure I’ve ever found one with peanut butter in. Google is your friend.

(Running from stupidity) #26

:pray: :joy:

Are you drinking enough water? For me, drinking water whenever I was hungry in the beginning worked great, you aren’t hungry pretty quickly after chugging some water.

I can’t stand peanut butter myself. How about:

(Amanda) #29

In the beginning, I would have a slice of bacon as a “fat bomb” whenever I felt I needed it. I would pre-cook a package and snack on it as needed or add it to my meals to boost the fat to help feel full longer. For me, the biggest part is learning to tell the difference between satiated and “full”, in addition to rather its hungry or habit.

(Amanda) #30

Just had a thought, I know for me artificial sweeteners (of any kind) trigger hunger signals in me ALL DAY. 2 drops of stevia in my coffee and I am battling hunger until bedtime. Maybe if you switched to more savory snacks it will help?

(Maria) #31

Something isnt right there, not sure what. I have less appetite.

(Allie) #32

Everyone is different and some people never get reduced appetite. My appetite has never reduced but I’ve always gone hours between meals.

(Gail P) #33

Almond Joy Fat Bombs at the Keto Connect blog.
I made them often and got lazier with each version. In the end I was mixing all the ingredients together - always awesome.

(Keto butts drive me nuts) #34

I say eat more BACON!!!

(*Tame Those Ghrelin Gremlins) #35

I sometimes feel hungry but I wonder if it’s just my brain playing tricks on me. My body throwing a tantrum.

Personally I eat a fat bomb in the morning with my coffee and it does well keeping me full. Here is a recipe of fat bomb heaven. Fatbombs

(Running from stupidity) #36

Fatbombs serve a purpose, but real food is far preferable.

I second, third and fourth this!

(*Tame Those Ghrelin Gremlins) #38

I eat real food and I do not get enough fat so for me it works.

(Brenna) #39

I’m getting some beef bacon next month. we’ll see how it goes. My favorite savory fat bomb so far is a slice of pastrami, a chunk of cream cheese and an olive all rolled up.

This sounds really good!