“Slaptember!” Challenge

(Keto Koala 🐨) #162

@Shinita :heart::heart::heart::heart:. Snap… I feel it too. I will be back one-day In the future…:upside_down_face:

I absolutely understand this. I am an all or nothing type person and it works against me alot in my life. I even know it does LOL but it is who I am and one thing I always said in this journey I started that I would try to work on this part of me also. Yea, doing ok but still a big work in progress cause it is hard to change our traits but in the end we can compromise with ourselves.

When I hit something like you got, that guilt of using or nibbling anything not zero carb I had to put it in total reality perspective. Just what you need to do on that. Cause that tiniest bit of guilt from that little condiment would be a major precursor to me saying, WTH I did that, why not go all in at this point cause the day is ruined…but we know the day, the experiment, the whole thing is not ruined because of that, but it could be with the next decision we do make :slight_smile:

I dropped that guilt. I gave myself some small leeway in allowances as I changed into a new eating plan. I said the FOOD must always be zero carb but if I use a spoonful of BBQ sauce or anything else I would never allow that to put any pressure on me. Nice thing is, there ain’t many condiments and in small use that hurt us zero carbers at all and if it keeps us eating all zero carb foods, than that tiny bit of BBQ sauce you used is a help, a crutch, a very small good thing that trumps and gives you strength to hold the major objective…eating zc foods at all times.

Heck I ate cocktail sauce for the longest time with my shrimp. Never alot at all, just a spoonful or 2 and just slightly covered my shrimp for ‘a taste’ I wanted. And while not zc obvy, I said screw it, IF IT KEEPS me on plan then it is worth every bite to me. But in the end the draw for it, the burning I got in my tummy from even a little, well I dumped it LOL so in the end, my tiny crutch left on its own :wink: I just hit a day when I said I can’t eat this crap anymore.

So don’t worry VE, as we work on big eating changes and experiment on us, it is allowable to allow some things in that make the big picture work for us.

Great post, it is wonderful to chat that stuff out. Things that might get on your nerves and ya wonder about it and how can ya change it and good thing is you acknowledge it full out. Then one can work on things in open truth with oneself.

Ya know S if you are in a good zone with your eating the way you do, have a good balance and feel great on your menu and all that, that ‘draw of trying zero carb’ or whatever might be just that…just an experiment ya kinda wanna try but don’t really need since you are doing so well on your personal eating that you do :slight_smile:

and it is an ok thing for you ya know in that you are in a good place, wanna try new things but when you do, you realize the old one was doing just fine for ya and why commit all the way when you are doing fine in another place LOL People come to zc for alot of reasons but they truly find they walk a path they absolutely need and discover new things zc can give them personally and they definitely require. It worked that way for me but hey for you, it might not be the path ya need. Just do you at all times and keep yourself balanced and in good form no matter what ‘plan’ you are on :sunny:

It really is and a darn hard thing to ‘take control of’ in a way for me!!

Now you know that song is stuck in my head…thanks alot FB HAHA

And very cool on your butcher! It is nice when dairy or whatever things that are a draw when one starts a plan, what changes come our way. How we naturally just drop certain things and don’t even really care and think, wow it is nice to just wake up and just eat what your body is asking and not worry one darn bit whether you ate some dairy or not. If and when ya want it you will have it, til then it just being naturally dropped cause we just don’t require it is a good change that I like alot on zc plan. Just eat what you need and be happy and move forward at all times right? :thinking:

----------------so my do all beef just isn’t happening which is interesting to me. huh.

yesterday was 1 lb ribeye steak
8 link sausage
1 chicken breast

I loved my first steak of the day and it SO satisfies me that after on any meal I do want I find myself just not needing my heavy hitter beef. I just have whatever to be satisfied and I find I wonder if I should be even ‘challgening’ myself in any way ya know. Like why say I am gonna eat XYZ when I am eating zero carb, the way I kinda really want to eat it and am doing so darn well on just that?

Drop my processed stuff like sausage I like? Why? yea it ain’t optimal fresh meat but it is zc and I function fab on it?

I don’t know, Slaptember is going well for me. I am not upset in any way at all my few little goals I seem to not be holding strict but I don’t care one bit in a way cause heck, I am zc and eating fine and doing well and feeling great so why would I stress me out of any of this LOL

I got me a 1 lb ribeye steak to start my day. I got my eye on a flank steak later but if I end up eating chicken, or shrimp or sardines later, then hey it is what it is for me :slight_smile: I am cool with it.

I am finding Slaptember to be bringing up alot of my thoughts and why I do what I do and how I changed and alot more about ME and my journey, vs. the food on my zc plate LOL

interesting

rock on zc people…we got alot of strength in us!

(Edith) #165

Aren’t we all. There’s a quote my husband likes to use that goes something like this:

We don’t grow old. It’s when we stop growing that we become old.

He attributes it to Albert Einstein, but I’m not going to fact check.

Thanks for the pep talk. This morning my back feels terrible. Yesterday’s slip up or coincidence? Only time will tell.

This morning I am back on track. I fried up a few pieces of bacon and tossed in some of the turkey and pulled pork from last night. Then I fried up a couple of eggs and put that on top. No sauces, only salt. Bacon fat and egg yolk certainly made the turkey more pleasurable.

I love Dr Robert

here is a great issue on why we do this…for fat adaption and that fat adaption takes time for all of us and when we get it, we thrive. It is ALL about fat adapting to your new life LOL and when we just ‘live’ and don’t ‘overthink’ it at all, we just get there ya know.

We change on zc. We thrive. But we must must must put in the time on our lifestyle change to make it ‘all fit for us’ and achieve our end game in our health.

No, the old isn’t working at all. I can’t lose on it at all, that’s one thing but I regularly overeat and don’t feel as well as I couldn’t probably. Almost but I want perfection in that…

The other thing is that I can’t do back to my old. Impossible. I can’t even do normal keto at all (well, without a significant amount of vegetables, of course)! If I tried to do normal keto? I would eat 80-130g net carbs a day. If I try to do carnivore, I stay below 50 and it’s actually too much for me… This week was horrible. I lost my ability to do carnivore-ish or even a more relaxed but still strict enough for me version… SOMETHING always happened. I got too relaxed. I will change this next week.

And I can’t even stay off for many days. I just can’t. It feels wrong. So I totally burned off all the bridges and made permanent changes in my diet.

And I hate starving even if it’s temporal. I need my satiation. I had that on carnivore-ish, I was even worried about my undereating as I am a tad paranoid and anyway, that never ends well, I will be okay with it next time. And then I went off as always, added carbs and I still underate… But of course, carbs changed this eventually and I went back to my borderline overeating and hunger and desires.
I don’t psychoanalyze me here but if I don’t try to do carni, I will continue to ruin my life and the last many years were way more than enough. It’s vital I solve this.

I merely feel okay (and low-energy) on my old, low-carb woe. It feels nice but I overeat, I eat sweets all the time and sometimes I am annoyingly hungry, rarely but I never want that at all, not even once a year. It worked wonderfully in the beginning then I stopped losing fat and now there are more tiny problems as well. It’s still wonderful now and then but most of my days must be very low-carb.

But I still can’t just simply do it. Hopefully my current motivation is enough. And I try to remember to be VERY careful with the little extras. Probably the first days should be super strict, my behaviour changes a lot afterwards and it will be easier.
it’s so stupid, the vast majority of my food is proper and very tasty, I don’t need the extras, they are just there in their glory or someone needs to eat it before it spoils (throwing it is definitely out of question and I never will change my mind if it’s a nice, tasty, satiating, just a little bit carby food and SOUP and I so so desired soup)… I still don’t regret the soup but it was unfortunate. And I will make a better, less carby egg stew in the future, it was the plan anyway. And more liver if I can.
These aren’t easy. I definitely WON’T be “strong” ever. That’s not my personality. It’s still not hopeless, my taste isn’t bad and my body is resilient to some extent…
I just need to change my attitude a bit. And OMAD should help too now that I need more food for satiation. But the very basic is not eating without some proper hunger. I could do it a few times but I lost the ability again. It’s super hard but I try to remember NOT eating lunch. But carni would solve this too, probably or just make it easy. I just could’t do carni this week, period. I was close but not close enough after my carbier times so I couldn’t fully go back to that nice state. But it IS easy, I will try next week.

I think I don’t even care about fat-loss anymore. It won’t happen. I may do anything I can (I did so many things in the last 8 years. or maybe it’s 9 already), it never does. And it it will, in 1 or 2 or 10 years, well I will be happy about it then.

I really try not to come but it’s hard.

Meanwhile, Amy was told by a nurse that her body needs sugar to heal.
If I suddenly get a stroke or something, blame that Australian hospital. It physically harms me. They give fruitcake and apple juice (or something like that but added sugar is a given) to morbidly obese patients who can’t even walk anymore, after dinner and even after after-dinner-dessert, at 9pm.
This is good for no one. Not even a healthy, big and muscular, thriving-on-their-high-carb-diet person. And they just lie in the hospital, boring and food is an amusement… Horrible.

I won’t talk about that anymore but I am super upset again.

I love that cause your hubby shows forward progress in his thinking which is kinda becoming uncommon these days LOL, more just ‘float’ thru life now it seems and rely on others to do things for them, when, in reality if we act, actually act and learn and grow forward in life do we get the best rewards for us personally :slight_smile: ahh, my bit of deeper thoughts this morning :wink:

Backs are weirdo in that could be an injury that gets tweaked even thru our sleep and body changes in the night or ‘food related’, who knows a bit on that one but if you think food, then go even tighter, in that do ‘beef and water’ for a week, add back in whatever zc stuff and ‘see’ and if no change then truly it could be absolutely a physical thing and older we get the aches ain’t all about food ya know LOL being a farmer I got aches that I know have nothing to do with food, but I wish food was the fix :stuck_out_tongue:

Just do you and be in tune ya know with your body. Your body at all times is telling you something, if we truly look inside and listen more we find a fine balance that works for us and not against us :slight_smile: All every one of us can do and I am working on this same thing too!

S it is fine. You are changing. You are finding and discovering a new path and that is ok. It might be upsetting to think of going back into high carb land and you can’t and don’t wanna cause you feel icky, you can’t ‘hold to a plan’ and I gotta tell ya one thing, you don’t have to ‘hold your life’ to a plan. The key is finding your personal sweet spot. I say take this pressure of yourself and find you in all this.

That was important for me. Vitality important in that I tried to ‘do their way’ thru ‘what plan’ and I found me going deeper and deeper into zero carb cause it was absolutely a natural way for my life to move forward. And I fought it alot LOL but in the end I found me.

I think you are right there. What do you need? What do you require? You have the data, you know the experiences thru carb land, you see where you need to go…I think it is time for you to ‘just act’ on what is natural for you and go all in and roll forward on ‘how you need to eat at all times’ for the best feeling you can get and ‘just chill’ with that concept.

Not a darn thing wrong with just that!

It is a journey. The destination is something everyone wants, but the true journey will never be the same for anyone. Time wise, what we do to change and what we require to make that happen…so this boils down to you and not one darn ‘plan’ or ‘macro’ or anything but how you feel and how it works for you for success you desire and healthy feelings.

Your ‘perfection you want’ takes time on any good balanced eating lifestyle that works for you and never against you but TIME on whatever you decide is KEY. If you want XYZ changes then ya gotta do the ABCs that work for you at all times and put in the time to truly see if you get what you want out of that path.

I give ya this, darn S you got gumption and vigor in trying the changes you want to grow into and that is the best medicine there is…knowing you want changes and knowing you want a better you whatever that takes to make it happen and I know point blank your journey will get ya there. Where you want to be!!

You are super strong S and don’t for one second think you are not. many won’t even delve into what you are changing and while we think our thoughts and small changes we attempt are not founded in anything, they are…they are founded in our strength we got inside us!! Every thought about changing to better ourselves is rooted in our strength!

WE ALL got that deep down strength, and if we get past our ‘outside influences and our pretending we are not strong and don’t got what it takes’ then we find that inner strength to follow our path we have to walk straight into being the strongest darn individuals on the planet :slight_smile:

All this chat of you wanting this change or that, learning about you, is ALL based in YOUR strength actually!!! It shows you want and desire change and you will find what floats your boat and achieve goals you want. But again, TIME to chat it out with ourselves and in the end, if we truly desire change and listen to our bodies we can get it. It is something all of us want and it takes many many paths to get there but in the end, you are so strong in that if you want a goal, you will bob and weave and learn thru smaller changes to hit the end point of that major goal.

Sugar intake to heal. the crazy of this with these thoughts from institutions we trust is pure insanity. I understand the upset on this truly and makes my skin crawl when the overall health of the population could be based on the most old useless info out there, sugar. omg

S you are working thru things and doing great in my eyes! Just chill and let that natural way of eating flood over you and just let it float ya down the river ya know, just let natural eating as you need kick in and sometimes if we ‘let go of being controlled and tight’ we find more truths in just that.

Wishing you the best S!!

No, it’s definitely not upsetting and I never even think about that. I left high carb land about 9 years ago and I knew even in the beginning it’s final. I had some 1-2 day visits but not anymore.

I still have normal days, carby days and insane days but even the latter is low-carb now. Still bad enough.

Yeah, I reallty need time but I just don’t have 100 years or something. I know 10 years is little to me even if I really try and spend quite a few hours per day and a lot of effort on it. So it will be more. 20? 30? 100? I don’t have that kind of time. I can accept being this far for 10 more years, who cares but well, I wanna get back my life at least. I like simple and chill…
No, I stop thinking about it at least. I eat whatever, with minimal planning and free my mind and time. My cooking experiments are troublesome enough :slight_smile:
Maybe it will help. I think about food almost all the time since a decade (being very satiated never kept me from that, it’s two different things), it can’t be healthy.

I agree, I am just unpleased with the pace, with reason. I fight since many years. Now I change pretty quickly but I still have too many bad days. And the stupid farm is still silent.

Oh well. It’s just like other aspects of my life. I try again :slight_smile:

Thank you for your words :slight_smile: And your general enthusiastic chill attitutde, I love that. I imagine that would be my thing too. I just can’t do it that well yet. My life is a rollercoaster since I tried carni. Sometimes up, sometimes down, not so bad, I see people having actual physical problems, I don’t have those but I want perfect satiation and chill and the higher energy level I had at one point. Maybe not due to carni but probably it was that as nothing else changed.
I shouldn’t forget that. And that my carbier days don’t feel any better, in the contrary. Some items are worth it sometimes but the list is short. But we don’t eat things just because we desire them. I do it right here and there. Food isn’t a reward for me ever, I don’t understand that, I deserve the food because I exist and I want it… It’s almost never comfort (and why would I want carbs for that? I don’t work that way), I don’t want to eat while watching a movie… I have my other, usually obscure “reasons”. I managed to trigger the “I don’t care. and I am hungry anyway” attitude of mine this week. I ate a cute carni food first so it’s something. And I don’t know what the hell did I wrong. No, I do. I blame the little extras, the carbs. They are always the culprits somehow. And running very low on supplies is too hard on me too.

I bring some picture already, not just words.

This is the glorious chicken liver, we found new ways to eat it. I made new dumplings for the soup with some.
I took the photo after about 50 minutes frying (this amount, 1kg took way longer). It was almost ready at that point. Frying liver quickly is just as impossible for me as boiling rice in only 2 times more water. Won’t happen, ever. But it’s fine with me. And it was very good.

The village shop has turkey liver too. I wonder what that is like, never tasted it.

And I want emu liver… :pleading_face:

(Patty W) #171

Final prep day before I start my working weekend. Prepped some ground beef into patties & meatballs. Same meat but the different shape tricks my brain I think :slight_smile: Cooked up some beef heart into strips & fried up beef liver bites. The cast iron pan got quite a workout. Have a little mini-smorgasbord of meats listed above, with a Teton beef polish link for my lunch the next couple days. I also made some leftover corned beef in a crock pot (bought extra last St. Patrick’s Day), but it didn’t seem like it would play as well with the others in the lunch box. Been charting my food on Fitness Pal, not to be obsessive, but just so I have at least a ballpark idea about my macros. I don’t feel very hungry, so it doesn’t feel like I’m under eating fat, but I’ve been eating about 40% protein to 60% fat the last couple days, so I think my meat may be a little on the lean side. Although I’m totally happy to let my body work off my own endogenous stores…have a good weekend all!

Steak + 2 eggs + organ meat sausage all cooked in suet fat. OMAD.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #173

Hospital…I am VERY grateful that they have once again saved my life. They really are being very very thorough…The FOOD though!!!:scream:. As Shinita has already mentioned…Cos I tell her everything … it is astounding. Yes, yesterday I told a nurse I’m having trouble with all the carbs and sugar… I told her I’m keto…well…WAS!!!:see_no_evil:. Not anymore!!! She said " Oh i’ve done Keto before, I hated it". I asked her " How long were you doing it??" She said " A few months, but I love my carbs too much". I was full after the main meal… like stuffed… and she goes " No, you should have some cake, fruit, ect, you need your little body to heal and carbs and good sugar will help you". :flushed:. The GOOD sugar… well apart from if it’s a banana or something… all the fruit is in a cup drenched in artificial crap. The cake is horrendous… Dry…We all hate it and call it " The slab". I joked that they probably get it from the supermarkets for free cos they are the out of date cakes nobody wants.:joy_cat:. It is gluggy and dry and bla!!! Yet…From eating all these carbs… and EVERYTHING is carby… I find I’m hungry a few hours after being stuffed. :pensive:. I have pimples from the sugar. It’s amazing what sugar and carbs do… and hospital is not very exciting… as people know… so food is like the patients highlight of the day. Last night… at " Supper time"… I got offered a Milo… I used to love Milo… BUT… it’s chocolaty… and they add white processed sugar to it…ewwwww. sickly sweet…Then they ask if i want sweet biscuits with it, I said NO, then they go " Well how about some nice fruitcake"… I say Nope… Then got offered sandwiches… No. At 9pm :joy_cat::see_no_evil:. It’s not funny… I shouldn’t laugh. There is a women that has obesity and diabetes in my ward, lovely soul :heart:… And they feed her this crap… Apple juice… omg… I drank it twice… but the other women drink it ALL day… and request it… it’s SO artificial. Doesn’t taste like Apple tastes like cordial syrup. :scream:. The poor old ladies… this morning at like 7am… They were all talking in excitement about what the next meal will be.:heart:. It’s the highlight I guess. And I get it… it’s bad… this is crappy. But yesterday afternoon… I was bored and yup carb hungry…from raised insulin. I ate " The slab"… and poured custard on it… AND they had put chocolate chip cookies in a pack beside it… I ended up dunking the cookies in the custard and eating it… :scream:. So we eat and eat and eat… then just lay there… It’s a good hospital… yes… great medical equipment… but there should be more dietary options… if not keto… than at least lower carb… like as Shinita said…Eggs for breakfast… maybe a rasher of bacon… :bacon::fried_egg::egg:. There was yummy pork… smothered in gravy… it was nice… there was chicken that was good protein… but they usually mix the protein with rice and stuff. :thinking:. Like salmon… it had rice mixed all through it… but who eats dessert at lunch and breakfast too. So it’s like a lot. I of course am lucky I’m not diabetic… but others are and I’m pretty sure sugary fruit juice is not good… Creme caramel… NOPE… I didn’t touch it… and also it’s a big waste of food… Cos I’m sure that it all just goes in the bin once it’s been on a patient’s tray…untouched.:scream: quite sad really. And in nursing homes… I bet it’s the same too. Like Shinita said… if they can afford all the food…compared to other country’s, I’m sure they can afford other dietary options. Oh god, listen to me all serious…WELL…I am Libra…no must balance it out a little.:wink:. I don’t want food today… at all. None… I had a coffee with some splash of milk. I’m being discharged tonight… So yay!!!:heart:. With many follow ups… which is good. Its gonna take a while to lower insulin or whatever… I crave carbs and it’s bad… I enjoyed the bread too much AND potato. So back to protein and good calories… no more cookies dunked in custard.:wink:. But yeah I don’t really want food today. But bring on eggs and meat and cheese… god… what a weird few months…lol. ok I was serious… back to little Miss Clown girl…:clown_face:…So bye… I’m going to the circus now… :v::wave:

Yes those little extra carbs are culprits for sure :slight_smile: I think tho you are on a good path. Time for all of us is gonna what it is gonna be ya know. I mean all any of us can do is work on us as we feel we need, deal with whatever comes our way and just make it work best we can thru it all.

and yea, running low on supplies is tough. I know it is vital to me to have all kinds of meat and fish/seafood on hand around me. I like to eat too :wink:

I love your pic! chicken livers are big around my area too. never saw the turkey livers tho.

ohhh you are super well prepared and yea my fry pans take a beating too LOL quite the workout around here also.

AND I SO get this…I do the same. Different shapes of the same meat I swear are a totally different experience to me…haha…wild huh. I make my meatloaf with just egg and meat and shape it different and heck it is just a burger with an egg in it ‘yet to me’ it is a totally different meal…I got meatloaf…wee… LOL

too funny

CONGRATS AND YEAH!!! So glad you are getting out…omg when home you will relax and chill out and be ‘home’ ya know and feel so much better so much faster. And you get good food you want vs all that sugar. Reading that made my toes curl B cause I know I couldn’t eat that stuff, hell it would put me more days in hospital after eating all that. I been too long zc now, eating all that would take me down so fast LOL but I am thrilled ya made it thru your ordeal and heading home to recover. HUGS!!

------------------happy Slaptember and it is rollin’ on thru.

nothing new in zc land for me. Just doing my thing.

1 lb ribeye steak is my first meal of the day and I find it is truly and absolutely and without a doubt the mainstay of my life. It ‘locks me in’ and ‘fills me up’ and ‘energizes’ me totally…that second meal I do have…it is the extra food I require, I can change up the protein for chicken or shrimp or whatever and do very well in my day.

I feel like I am there ya know. Just follow the hunger signs. Just eat as I need on any given day. Eat my stuff I love to eat and JUST LIVE.

I kinda don’t feel I ‘need to work on me’ as much…well, ask my hubby and he would say I need therapy and a straight jacket maybe HAHA but I mean in respect to zc I feel very very secure. So that I am happy about. I fought long and hard to get here and I think it is time to ‘back off’ me and just hold zc and see where it takes me. I am sure even better is coming my way :sunny:

Love the challenges and need them. I find it very comforting to read how others are doing and it keeps me in focus also and on the straight path. We all have hard times, but with challenge threads like this they do really help me more than ya’ll know so thanks for chatting and support and being good friendly carnivores :hugs:

I think it will be all beef today tho, I got 2 beef tenderloins defrosted I need to cook now and I have a ribeye I need to cook. When I defrost too much at one time I find I HAVE to use it up NOW so I will do just that.

be good everyone :slight_smile:

Coffee and HWC - x2
4 sunny side up eggs
6 slices of bacon
2TB of butter.
----- just going to wait until I have hungries before I eat again.

It is raining here. We have company coming to stay with us tonight. They will leave sometime on Sunday, and then I leave Monday for work. Going to see how the eats go while on the road. I am thinking steak and eggs for my OMAD during the week.

Got to run. Lots of house work to do. Congrats, @Bubby1 ! Back to life with ZC! Stay healthy, my dear!!! hugs and loves to my dear peeps!!!

Hi guys. I really hope the farm will do something but now I went the lowest and just bought a big piece of normal pork chop. 3.5kg. We don’t have bone in it. The garbage/meat ratio was way better than the farm-but-bought-from-hypermarket things and those are tiny. I still bought some ribs, a pound as that was the biggest package, with a ton of plastic…
Salmon was on sale so the supermarket run out of it when we arrived there… Oh well. We have pork, at least. The bigger half of the chop is in the oven now.

I have plenty of cheese as well and bought fish too. I mean business :smiley: If I fail, I am an idiot. As I clearly have a problem with carbs, they are just not good. Oti made a carbier than usual meal. Her goulash had 2 times as much potatoes as ours - and about 1/10th as much meat. Yeah, meat is somewhat expensive but it definitely affected the charm of the dish. It was a pretty nice thin “potato with other vegetables” soup, I would have been happy with it just some years ago… Not so much now.
And the desserts was mostly carbs (various fruits including dried ones and jam and some kind of bread. with a wee bit of milk and eggs). And I loved that thing before. Fascinating.
I was so happy to come home and eat eggs with (pretty tasteless and too fatty but still not bad) bacon and cheese. I was hungry and I had headache so I ate what I could there but I so, so, so missed my protein and fat. And I did have some cheese and deli meat there but it was tiny… Oti made some nice meat the last few times we visited and no dessert so I lowered my guard and had no own food (except some cheese but I didn’t want to eat cheese alone. and I had my own cake too, not for me though but I didn’t want that either) :frowning: Though the meat alone is never enough for me anyway. Next time I prepare some eggs.

Whatever, I am home now, yay! With pretty good supplies. Nothing can stop me now for a while. Just myself.

(Robin) #177

Slow in seeing this… but Slaptober was a total brain fart. So, glad it provided some levity! LOl

(Patty W) #178

Glad you’re getting to go back home & able to have a little dietary sanity. Take good care & feel better!

(Robin) #179

So true! I certainly have to eat more than I think, in order to lose weight. I realize I’ve been sabotaging my body for years.

very true robin…when we start zc we have to eat and eat big. I know when doing vlc or keto plan alot of times we plug in our numbers into some meters and ‘get kcals’ to strive for along with macro counts but in the end, those kcal numbers mean absolutely nothing. Your body says eat, as much as you need to start to heal the metabolism and inflammation and balance hormones and more, then we zc people eat----but as much as we eat alot when we start, as we heal our appetites usually regulate very fast and quite easily ya know.

I have to say that was one of my hardest, literally hardest concepts to accept on zc. Eat all I want, when I want. And did I eat big!! Some days I was insatiable the the ultimate and at the end of the day I would think, OMG I am gonna be a balloon eating like this, and wake up to weight loss on the scale or at the very least, no gain whatsoever.

Dropping all the old dieting baggage we hoped and prayed that would work for us was a hard thing for me to let go, but boy once I did, I thrived on zc. Just got out of my own way and let it all happen LOL

Once I realized I could eat with abandon and listen to my body and give it what it asked for at all times, and even the ‘don’t eat if no hungry times’ I fell into a really good zc pattern of eating.

So I paired my steak with 4 scrambled eggs. Could only eat like 1/2 til I had to dump those eggs cause I lost all want for them. No desire for eggs anymore, so no biggie, I just tried them again to check if they are still not something I want, and no, I don’t want them anymore LOL In the future down the road I will try some eggs again and check in with my taste on them. Right now they mean 0 to me, which is fine, no biggie.

Got me 2 nice ribeyes defrosting and those will be my focus today as usual but might pair up with some shrimp if in the mood. Will see.

Doing very well and feeling very good about my zc days and just rolling along. It feels to me like Slaptember is flying by for some reason, maybe cause I am starting to feel that more Fall cooler weather coming around. Before ya know it, winter and the holidays and more…wow.

ZC strong all!