“Slaptember!” Challenge

Very happy to read you ate ‘anyway’ and you fueled the body and IF YOU CAN eat then your body did want it ya know :slight_smile:

Yes the few carbs you ate held alot more water than ya think. I wish I remembered the equation…is it something like this: In fact, while carbohydrates each carry four grams of water, fat only "has 1.12 grams of water per gram-----and I had info but cant find it of course, ugh, but yes you are holding way more water than you think, plus you are ‘truly in dump toxin’ mode cause you are on the ‘ultimate elimination menu now’ and you are healing which means your inflammation is being handled but more slow then you think which is why we always say…go all in for like 90 days for more real truths, but some like you who are eating cleaner now can find bigger truths faster in say 30 days so you hold strong and enjoy this ride.

Your ‘adaption’ is happening. Your body is dumping that glucose burn and heading into full on ketone burn. Ketones act so well for our lives truly and here is something that E posted and I borrowed and put it in the video threads so I urge you to go over into there and see what the last post is on what Dr Bikman said about ketones and fat stores.

and yea you could go tired, very tired, feel sluggy and icky and more and it truly is normal adaption and it will work thru if you hold on and do the time and believe me, the other side is pure heaven on this plan but in full truth it takes time…more for some, less for others but hold the ‘ZC Faith’ and rock on VE!!

you ain’t bad, you are seeing what works for you and if one beer every now and then works, then yea I get it truly! LOL

I had to ditch beer. One beer would blow my tummy up to maximum bloat and I felt sicky on it so I had to dump it and never looked back but we all have our timeline on what works a tiny bit and what won’t as we move forward.

LOVE THIS! Now that is zc thinking if I ever heard it LOL I am the same. I am like, oh you guys want a rotiss chicken to eat, then I have to buy 2, one for you 2 to split and one for me to eat.
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wish I loved HB eggs, never did.
I wish I loved ‘burger cold’ and I can never eat that rendered fat cold but I can do chicken cold.
I wish I could do alot of ‘fat eating’ as my side but I find I always want like ‘real food with texture’ to eat vs. someone who can eat a 1/4 pat of butter and say I AM happy but that never suited me.

In fact I say to myself now…I AM SO totally picky and narrow on my food that I have to find ways to make it work now for me.

One of my best in life was making chicken thighs and soaking up all that fat and crispy bits burned up and OMG so good but now, ya can barely get me to eat a chicken thigh…oh how we change.

But I can say SB you are one all time great new zc person cause you love your meat and you are rocking it!!

(Kellyn ) #84

In my earlier days, I may have been like “Well you just messed up so might as well eat some carbs since you already had some.” Not now though, I was mad at myself, sure, but I went home and cooked a beef tenderloin to eat before bed. I love my meat and had absolutely no sugar cravings. I have discovered that I am an all or nothing kind of person. I want to be an all in zero carb carnivore and am so proud of myself that I went right back to it after my mess up.

I will be 42 on September 26 and I guess I am getting to old to party it up anymore. I do miss the good old days of drinking, but I really don’t miss the hangovers :dizzy_face:. I guess if sometime in the future I want to have a good time hanging out with friends I will just need to do shooters. :joy:

Thank you for your encouragement and making me feel better about my learning process on this new way to fuel my body. I appreciate you, Fangs.

You are me and I was you. I am all in or nothing person also and learning to ‘allow myself’ some leeway to ‘make it work’ while 'going straight towards what DOES work for me and what I desire, being ZC…I so get what you just said.

Old days I was same. I ate XYZ, day is over, so binge out and F this and start again tomorrow.

and what you did experiment with was not food. You are trying to make the ‘sides to life’ we might require long term work for you and not against you and you learn thru that.

Being ZC and feeling so wonderful eating this way we know the ‘carb creep’ of plants can’t happen in that for most of us zc people we are here for a reason. Control of the natural body to let us EAT SO darn well and not limit our food intake ever and be full and nourished and happy but then our life and social times WANT to come into play, I mean who doesn’t want that? I know I do :wink: so then we find the next path to make those ‘sometimes social things’ work for us at all times and hold our truths on our plan best we can.

KP you are one smart person, I don’t have one doubt about that and thru all this, I see you as a long term zc person who will find that path and get truth health and vibrancy and vitality thru your journey.

And a darn journey it is! I changed SO much in my time it is crazy when I look back…but boy I say one thing, thank heavens I never gave up and put some Pffft into that action to hold what I truly want. Health and vitality thru my food choices, the rest I gotta work on with my life being social, holidays, vacations, and more and darn if we don’t have those in life but each time, focus on zc ways and in the end, hot damn we hit a darn great plan to make it work for each of us so individually while holding our zc course.

and me and you being closer, a meat up…alot of zc drinks and hitting a BBQ joint and going on in on ribs, brisket, pork and more…meat and booze…come on ya know HAHA

(Kellyn ) #86

I would love that. I really hope we get to when all this virus stuff it over. It would be so great to hang out with you. :grinning:

(Edith) #87

Well, seven hours passed before I was hungry again after breakfast. I ate a late lunch of 10 ounce ribeye cooked with suet. I have a feeling I’m done for the day.

I’m not going to worry about food quantity for now, I figure I will be able to eat more as my body gets better adapted.

absolutely. Eat when hungry, don’t eat when not. It truly is that simple, never put more into than just that :sunny:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #89

@Fangs Hi Fangsy.:heart:. I’m ok. I’m doing Carni. But not been able to eat much the last few days. I have bad kidney pain. I’m bedridden.:upside_down_face:. Sorry I’m checking properly when I can.

I had my breakfast at 1pm today. There is a family gathering tonight in the city. It’s time to pack up and drag this bear butt from the woods.

But I needed to say that for breakfast I cooked a fillet steak inside an omelette.

The fillet sat in the centre of the skillet. When it was turned over I built the omelette around it with 3 eggs and some mackerel (115g). No bacon today.

I had steak for breakfast. It’s Fangsy’s fault :joy:

oh wow B that is super rough. I hope the pain subsides and you start to feel alot better faster. Just lie in that bed and relax and heal up girl!! I wish ya didn’t have such troubles, thinking of you!!

(Liz) #92

Oh Bubby1 hope you feel better soon, rest well :handshake:

HIP HIP down another 1/2 lb. so I got a whopping 1 lb. for Sept.
Loving it so far :slight_smile:

wow I had an impromptu party with my best friend yesterday. She called and said come swim and I said sure and I got there and she had rum, beer and some flavored moonshine. HOLY HEAVENS.

I did not drink ‘that much’ but in that hot sun and goofing around and having a good time, omg I got lit. Like a Christmas tree and I actually feel a bit like crap this morning. Not bad like in the olden days with a hangover LOL but my body is icky…not a doubt about that.

I can’t do this much anymore, I woke up saying OH HECK NO, I ain’t doing that again any time soon which is good cause my friend is the same way. Rare we hit a party pool day like that anymore but it was fun as heck.

Came home and ate a 1 lb. steak but couldn’t eat anything else. I drank a ton of water. Later in the evening I ate some salami…I had to have something.

Today is flush out the system, no more of that is gonna go down any time soon and just chill out and get some stuff down around the farm that I need to get handled.

So glad we partied up a bit cause yesterday was super hot and sunny and nice…this morning is cloudy, colder, windy and ‘feels like fall’ weather is in the air for sure. ugh. summer might be wanting to try to leave now sooner than later :frowning: oh well, time marches on.

not sure on how I am gonna eat today. Hungry but not hungry. Feel ok but a bit icky so will let this day just happen and see where it goes!

(Liz) #94

Oh Franko, steak inside an omelette is a genius idea…mind if I pinch it?!

(Liz) #95

Well, what a great thing carni/zc is for my body! It has broken my stall of about 6 weeks on keto, down another 1/2 pound today, bloating is now non existent which is wonderful.
Still looking at the calories of everything I eat, habit of about 45 years that I must break…but I have least stopped logging them…and also managed to stop the daily weigh in.
I think this is, in part down to thefact that my food makes me feel sated and I enjoy it so much!
Today is lunch of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, probably with an indecent amount of butter (the one dairy item I cannot shake). Later, when am hungry I have two duck legs that I am ‘cheat confiting’ in lots of fat.
This is such a simple way of eating.,…love reading all the posts too :+1:

Pig farm has 2 weeks more holiday, beef farm is silent, I couldn’t get proper meat from there in the last 5 months (just the roosters, that’s half-proper to me). Even some of the little rabbits of the “egg lady” died (again) so that source is out for a while too. I don’t even have enough eggs! But I like cheese more than usual :slight_smile: I am quite okay without cream and I drink little coffee now.

Very Desperate Measures, I have them. I bought much chicken liver in the village and I will get sausage and bacon in the nearby town tomorrow as I run out of smoked pork and that’s unacceptable. I still have fish left. Next week comes city shopping too :slight_smile: I want my fresh pork ribs already, I’ve been dreaming about that since ages… I didn’t eat roasted pork ribs since… almost 3 decades? And it was my fav as a kid.
And maybe I buy more pork than usual… Hungary’s covid numbers shot up and who knows when we will visit the city again…

Good luck and best wishes, everyone! And congrats to Fangs’ weight-loss! :slight_smile:

@Fangs…Congrats!!! So glad you got out and had some fun in the sun! I’m a little jealous. Not too many more days of that around here. We’re happy if we hit 70. Nights have been in the 50’ss.

Had our friends over for dinner, and two of the kids joined us. Won’t say all that I made for dinner, but, will say that I was glad I made two roasts. And, had plenty of butter. =) Had very happy family and friends after that. Our friends are in the mid-upper 80’s, but are an absolute hoot. They stayed until almost 11pm, which is pretty late for them. But, we were having so much fun!

I had the misfortune of waking up around 5am with a cluster headache- which I have not had in years. It’s petering out right now, but damn, that was a rough 3 hours. And, I work 930-6 today and tomorrow. I’m scheduled for pharmacy for the first half of both shifts, and sure hope I’m up for it. If anyone here has ever had cluster headaches, you’ll know…after it subsides, it feels like the brain is bruised, and its hard to feel good again.
I think I"m going to fast today, because honestly, eating or thinking about eating just makes me feel sick. Hope y’all have a happy and blessed day!

(Edith) #98

Hi Everyone, after my late lunch yesterday, I didn’t eat anything else until breakfast this morning. I still wasn’t that hungry, but I did eat some bacon and eggs. I’m down another half pound. I’m actually at my fantasy weight, so I don’t want to lose too much more weight. Darn!! I never thought in a million years I would ever say something like that!

Total carnivore has killed my appetite so much that the desire to nibble fruit or veggies is already gone.

I did have to supplement some salt last night for muscle cramps. I think sweating from working outside in the summer heat and hot flashes :hot_face:has upped my sodium needs.

I hope everyone in the US enjoys their Labor Day Weekend.

(Liz) #99

Oh…had them when I was much younger, know the bruised feeling, strangely not had any for five years or so…wonder if that is keto/lc benefit?
Anyway I really hope you feel better soon, take care

Call it Vitamin D therapy.

I presented it here for the brave and the true.

Congrats on down the scale and no bloat, omg that is a wonderful feeling isn’t it…I never bloat anymore no matter what I eat and I have to say, having that carb gut misery off my back is just something I love!

You nailed it for me. On ZC I eat ALL I WANT when I want and there is not one iota of guilt with my food I eat at all times. I didn’t go over a kcal, I didn’t blow past a macro, I didn’t eat something that bloats me, I just trust ZC and am always happy and full and satisfied and truly over the top on this eating plan. Only plan that gave me lbs gone, vitality, health/healing and way more and I get to eat til my heart is content, come on ya know HAHA It is the bomb~!

Happy you are doing so well!!

When you hit that next shopping trip, you lay in a supply of meat…you go for it and buy enough to hold ya and enjoy the heck out of it!! Now you got me wanting ribs you made them sound so delish LOL

Ohhh I feel for you. Hubby gets migraines which I know are different but he also says after his brain feels bruised. It puts him down so I know you had to be pretty darn bad…hope you are improving now and getting back into the swing of things. Being sick is the worst!!

Just eat as you can and don’t let that worry ya…zc will work with ya as you work thru being ill and getting into a good state!

Glad you had a blast with your dinner friends. I haven’t made a roast in ages cause I rarely ‘do the oven’ but lately I see the word roast and think a big old juicy roast my mom used to make…I think when cooler weather comes one of those will be on my list!

WOW AND SUPER CONGRATS! Your fantasy weight, ya hit it!!! ZC is gonna let ya lose til you are at the weight your body wants to be ya know so hold on for the ride and see where ya do go!

Yes, holding strict zc will kill all want of carbs. Many of us do have to play a mental game sometimes, like when the family is gathered for Christmas dinner or whatever and all the old fav foods are on the table LOL yea we might be wanting stuff then but very happy you are getting good zc benefits so far.

hot flashes? we talking menapause crap for you now? I got over it and thru it easily on zc but I have to say it stunk going thru it, but mine was easy, but the other side, pure heaven I tell ya HAHA I might be guessing wrong on that one tho what ya wrote, but yea, if you feel your body wants more salt you do it! Key is listen to the body at all times and you got this whipped.

Yea that therapy cost me an icky day yesterday but luckily I woke up this morning just fine and dandy!!!

and get this, my bestie called and said come over Sunday and swim and party and I am like, hmmm, hmmm, cause as much as I say I ain’t going down that road again, when you put us together ALL BETS are off!! omg me bad.