“Slaptember!” Challenge

Yep, this sounds wise. We are different, even our needs regarding electrolytes.
And… Not everyone gets the same amount of them on their diet! It must matter a lot too.
I use extremely little extra salt but many of my staples are salty and my sodium need is low. I would get sick eating as much as recommended for keto but I can’t do that anyway, I get sodium aversion and drop all salty stuff first! While others need more sodium while eating not very salty food, it’s normal they need to use much more extra salt.

Extra salt and extra fat is something I almost lost already. I used much before but now? My fat and salt is my smoked fatty pork. And eggs doesn’t really need salt anyway, I still like them with a tad but it’s not important. But as I eat them with cheese and salty pork, I obviously don’t add any unless I use more eggs than usual, maybe. And my normal days have no added fat at all.
I like simple but I will need some change as just eating my fatty protein is too satiating and I undereat. But I will watch the happenings for a while first… I know I will add fat eventually but I don’t want to go against my habits and taste and eating normal food. I could add fat almost only if I started to eat desserts or fatbombs (fatty desserts, I mean… I eat desserts but they are just like my normal food. they ARE normal food, actually). My normal food is just perfect without any (or super little) added fat. My food with more added fat is way less fatty than my normal food as it requires lean protein like fish and the extra fat is a tiny fragment of what my normal food has or else it would be disgustingly fatty. Hmmm, maybe not disgustingly but I surely wouldn’t like to eat it like that.

Why can’t it be simpler. Maybe I just observe and don’t overthink this. But some changes must be made later, I can’t avoid that. I won’t ever eat crazy high protein especially not now when I simply can’t afford it. My egg supplies could be better too, maybe we really will need to buy from a shop, from better sources, of course but still, I don’t know even the owner of the hens personally let alone the hens! At least my eggs should be proper if I dropped everything regarding liver.
I think I have my liver phase now. It’s awesome, simple, tasty even from probably not very good sources and even very cheap for some reason. Don’t people love it? But why? Oh well.
The only downside it’s very lean but as I may need more extra fat in my diet, it’s good as it’s not like fried chicken… One can add a ton of fat… Alvaro complained he can’t spread it on its bread like in his childhood. So I double the amount. 200g fat for 1000g liver, it sounds good and modest, right? I never could add nearly this much to any lean stuff but liver is special (it’s the animal kingdom’s eggplant :smiley: once a 300g eggplant absorbed 100g fat and maybe it wasn’t the end but I had enough) . Alvaro’s Mom used way more for sure but I don’t want fat with liver pieces, not like there is anything wrong with it, of course.

Meanwhile new comments happened. Guys you are amusing :smiley:

My scales (in my room, my bathroom is tiny and somehow it never occured to me to weigh myself there) show almost always the same number, for years and years, every day, no matter what. Carbs could change it first, +/- 2kg when I went off/on keto… Then 1… Then nothing. Is it the thing I read about, I can have filled glycogen reserves even on very low-carb…? What else if I have no water weight changes? And my cycles never did anything with my weight.
And if I am hungry, I eat even if I am heavier than any time in the last 8 years (I still can gain fat, just very very very slowly and it requires serious overeating and probably much carbs too. as time passes, I worry less and less about gaining fat and I never really worried about that :smiley: fat gain was always extremely hard and slow for me. but I had skills and patience :frowning: ) and I already ate enough for 2 days. Alvaro is the one who suffers hunger (basically every day) because of his figure (even on maintenance), poor thing and now not even totally slim (at least he eats pretty much - not enough for him but still much - and doesn’t have much restrictions and those don’t bother him too much. it is worse for many people). Too bad it doesn’t seem a woe change would be possible for him (he tried for a whole meal and got unwell, I am sure extra fat without carbs caused the problem. I fed him some very low-carb, no or little extra fat meals and he liked them and felt fine after, it’s just super rare to find something that can’t be eaten with carbs as if it can, he will do just that then. only baked goods and sweets have a chance… and some soups too).
But it’s simpler to gain more muscles (and cool anyway :D), maybe that will help him - me too but my satiation doesn’t require more calories than what I can afford…

Sorry, I keep trying to stay away but I have some severe addictions and at least 3-4 meet here.
Whatever, I continue with my efforts.

(Edith) #345

Love this!

Years ago, we were on a road trip and listening to the radio. The radio host had callers call in to “review” places they had never visited. It was quite amusing.

Mornings have consisted of bacon and eggs, and a coffee with HWC.
Late lunch yesterday- steak- not a whole lot since the eatery was a bit stingy.
Crock pot dinner…again. Cooked up two more roasts- a chuck and a rolled rump. Nice fat in there, too. Ate it with butter.

But, around 2 am- I think the hormonal hag struck again, and gave me one of the worst headaches of my life. Tried Tylenol rapid release- nothing. Ibuprofen- nothing. I tried salted water - thinking it might be electrolyte- related. Nope. tried magnesium - Nope. Hubby found me on the bathroom floor, rocking back and forth, crying, and vomiting. He thought it was either an allergic reaction - from possibly corn additives in the meat seasoning at lunch- or - hormones. So while I was throwing up, he was googling- and came to the conclusion that it was probably low progesterone. Felt better after an hour or so, fell asleep and it was back again at 6am. Damn. Gonna be a LOOOOOONG day, with an 11-730 shift.

Don’t mean to be Debbie-downer here, but peri-menopausal stuff is complete bullshit. (Please pardon my French.) My husband tries to lighten the mood when I’m grumbling- so he’ll laugh and recite part of the Jewish boy’s prayer - “Thank you God, for not making me a girl.”

My stomach is awfully sensitive now, so I may fast for today, and have chicken broth later. Going to see how much progest I have left, douse it on, and off to work. I hope you all have a great day, and keep your carivore groove going!

(Kellyn ) #347

Saturday was my birthday and I had a major cheat day loaded with carbs and beer. I had a fun time and enjoyed it at the time :partying_face:, BUT early morning I was miserable :woozy_face::dizzy_face::pensive:. I had major gas, stomach cramping, and diarrhea. I was going to the bathroom all night long. The next day my stomach still felt sour and my reflux was back with a vengeance. I avoided medication and just dealt with it, going back to zero carb. Today, I still don’t feel 100%. I have this slight headache and you know that feeling when you need to crack your knuckles…well I feel it over my whole body. Ugh, not doing that again. The cheat just was not worth it in the long run. I did only gain 1 pound, but the way I have felt from the binge makes me not want to go there again. Anyway, I’m back on track today and now that I know what it feels like to add back carbs, I know I won’t be doing that again.

Our tiny carnivores are surprising sometimes. The main cat, Caroline had exotic dinner tonight.
We are used to all the mice and voles, sometimes birds and the rarely eaten but then vomited lizards… But catching a BAT?
If at least she could tell me how it tasted… Bats are amazing. I respect every animals who can get rabies and just heals from it. Little, lovely, anti social distancing flying lil wonders.
And Caroline just ate it. All the few grams of meat… It was tiny. Just a little snack between two close meals…

@KellynP, I don’t know about your previous carby experiences… I have a lot, with various food choices and amounts of carbs. It’s individual, people change, carb sources are different but almost everyone experiences that jumping from ketosis to crazy amounts of carbs isn’t a smart idea at all. Your case isn’t rare, fortunately(?) the most I can get is stomachache but it usually takes a lot, I have to ignore multiple warnings (or nowadays, eating more than a super tiny amount of sugar. my body almost has a zero tolerance policy now). I’ve read how logically horrible is dumping sugar on our physiologically insulin resistant body or what is that called what we have in ketosis… But even before that, it was logical to me to be more gradual - and I couldn’t eat less fat and protein on carby days if I wanted, they probably help. I know my body now except it keeps changing so being very careful is basic at all times (not like I am good at it but I am a health-conscious hedonist who refuses to be in pain just because some silliness).
It’s good if you manage to get discouraged from doing basically bad choices (it’s not always clear from my hedonistic point of view but if I feel unwell, that’s NOT hedonistic for sure and it’s not like I can’t get at least as much joy from very low-carb food)… But adding carbs may result in very different things if you do it differently, with different previous days… Just saying. Generalization is always wrong, I used to say :smiley: (I am aware it’s obviously not true, I loved logic. but it’s close to being true).

It’s to be expected you are still not 100%. I usually need a few days even on carnivore if I mess it up epically. It’s way better on the first day but full regeneration (well, the part what we actually feel) may take a few days (and I never even had anything really serious like you). It’s still wonderfully quick (and the punishment is almost zero) so I almost never regrets my carbs. Maybe the amounts or certain kinds. It’s more effective that I realize they taste meh or that I can have so much better.

Nostalgy… I had my crazy times. The 30 slices of cake (before carni, of course) wasn’t even too bad…
But I changed. What I could do (or desired) after keto, that’s very different from what I can do or desire now. Carni is special and my undisciplined self needed some help in training. But my taste change is the major part. I just refuse to eat much differently on any day. I have my perfect food, of course I want that each and every day. Maybe a bit fancier meat or cheese sometimes. And the carby stuff is just some optional lil extra in the worst case.

But it’s after 9(?) years on low-carb, maybe 4 on/off keto years and some carni days. The latter changed my off days the most, I still don’t understand. I just enjoy it :slight_smile:

I did it again…

(Kellyn ) #349

I never had this experience before being keto and carb binging which made it easy to fall off the wagon and stay there awhile. I’ve been zero carb for more than 3 months and this time my body hated me for putting so many carbs and junk into it. It hated it so much that I do not plan on making that mistake again for any special occasion.

(Edith) #350

“I like my on/off keto, it’s best of both worlds for me and carefully done it can’t undid the benefits I like.” (This quote from another thread.)

Maybe your scale doesn’t move because you don’t stay ketogenic. I’ve seen you mention elsewhere on the forum that you can handle carbs, but maybe that is not actually the case. Maybe you should try strict keto to see if that helps with the scale movement downwards?

I don’t lose because I eat too much. I was below this weight but I got there off keto. I lost all the fat I lost this far eating way more carbs but at a deficit (still very low-carb as I typically eat more fat when I eat more carbs but it’s not that black and white, just almost).

I did keto for months and lost nothing because I ate too much (I didn’t mind, I had fun. and challenges). But that was before fat adaptation so yeah, it would be nice to do keto for weeks again… I just can’t do it for some reason. I try and fail (it’s a conscious decision in many times and just happens as inevitable in others). I cling to carnivore for many reasons and one of them is to be able to stay in ketosis for longer term (it’s for the future. my main goal is keeping my average carb intake low and it works for that. it’s how I feel good and it’s way more important than losing fat but that is important too just not very urgent. I must feel good and get energy but if I stay like this for 5 more years, well, so be it). I am very hopeful my “carni November” will be at least keto (below 40g net carbs). It’s realistic, I did that before… And if I even eat little enough, I may lose. I am not sure about much nowadays. But I should, my body can’t invent making energy from nothing yet and slowing my metabolism without a reason? It’s not its thing. But I eat as much as I like, of course (and a bit more if that’s too little). And lift weights :smiley: Many calories are fine, I gain muscles then. But I automatically eat little on carni, at least this far. It’s nice, overeating isn’t healthy or right and I did that too much… And I can make sure I don’t eat too little.

Longer term carni will be super interesting and as breaking carni is almost always breaking keto and anyway, it’s INANE to add non-carni items I don’t need and November is a nice safe month… So I am very very determined to have a carni November. A whole carni month, it’s exciting, who knows what could happen! Carni was so damn easy in winter (for a few days then I run out of meat but it won’t happen now) and I trained myself, I got better (even if it’s not apparent, I did). It seems easy and if I am serious, I can avoid every dangers and the inavoidable ones won’t be present. I am very much aware I hardly can do keto in fruit season but November is very safe regarding that. Only apple, quince and medlar, rosehip and cloe… They aren’t even red! (Red fruits are the best.) December is dubious but I am probably not that “strong”. I don’t expect really carby days but some carbs on a few days, it probably will happen. It will be good enough. But January… My lowest-carb month every year, I am sure. Just like June is my definitely not keto month (many, many red fruits) but it may change, who knows?

I have my limits and I am aware about them. I can’t even want certain things without a personality transplant. But I need to try to do certain things even if I am aware I will fail now and then. It still may be very good for me.
Fat-loss be damned, I don’t believe in fat-loss at this point (my naive optimist inner self, one of my inner selves and not one of the smart ones does a little). I want to be happy and chill with my food at least. I struggled in vain for years. While having fun and not resisting real temptation, eating when I was hungry and often when I wasn’t (so my hedonistic way) but still, it was a bit stressful. I want peace now.
And muscles.

“I can handle carbs” means I feel fine with some carbier days now and then. It’s my number one goal, feeling just fine. (If I figure out longer term carni brings more energy, that will be my new norm and my carb intake will plummet. I WANT energy. Mere ketosis never gave it to me. I had a single energetic day after carni days and I wish to see if there is a connection. And then I can experiment what is the problem. Not all carbs are the same. I have the biggest problems with the sugars - it doesn’t matter, animal or plant sugar, I have problems with them - and I mostly love the sugars because they are packed together with the loveliest things… I don’t think I want the sugar part specifically but it’s hard to say when things are so very much merged. But they aren’t needed, per se so I can sacrifice them most of the time if I get something more than feeling a super tiny bit better. I would do almost anything for more energy. Not much for fat-loss, I have pleasant enough ideas for that and much time.)

I don’t even want the scale to move downwards, actually. Though it probably will be needed to lose enough fat. But I have a hunch I somehow got a tiny bit muscle so this 72kg isn’t THAT old 72kg. And if I don’t lose water weight anyway… I don’t care what my weight does, I want to lose my fatty belly at some point. But I am fine with this fat and more muscles too so weight gain first. Just some change into the right direction, that would be nice.

2nd last day of Slaptember.

Friend’s birthday yesterday at a sunny winery.

Uh, o.

Swooped in like a lion with wings, off the back of an overnight “fast”. This meal was going to be break-the-fast. It was not a meal focussed on feeding, nor body repair and nourishment. The social requirement of the ‘party’ was to share conversation over food. I wasn’t really very hungry. I got the board with the meats on it. Charcuterie.

They ordered pizzas and a massive share platter with cheeses, spring green leaves, nuts, vegetables, artisan things drooling in EVOO etc. My meat board was dwarfed. First I moved the crackers to another share board for the vegetarians. Surprisingly I didn’t feel drawn to eat any of the cheese selection. The cheese urges are noticeably reduced this Slaptember challenge. But in the spirit of celebration, Fangsy cover your eyes, I went off plan. And I feel a bit like @KellynP describes - unwell enough to reconsider if it was worth it and try to remember not to do that again.

The birthday girl’s husband was a new man. He had undergone a transformation since I saw him last. He was trim and calm. When last we met he was depressed, anxious and obese. He looked around the table of mainly vegetarian 30-somethings and spied my charcuterie, and asked, “You’re not eating carbs?” James had been on a ketogenic diet, OMAD, fillet steak (he’s a chef), avocado and pumpkin for about 6 months. The poor vegetarian lass that was seated between us when we started talking low carb and carnivore. Unfortunately for James he was cajoled (by the now obviously evil, slightly tipsy, vegetarian, beautiful young ladies, including our wives) to eat a slice of pizza. It was horrific to witness.

The carbs I ate were: olives in olive oil and pickled vegetables. There was some pickled fennel that was a great taste match to the prosciutto. Maybe I’m being vegetablist? Maybe I feel this way because of the variety of processed meats on the charcuterie board? I drank only water. So, can’t go blaming wine.

So, this off plan excursion was a fall back to acceptable keto foods.

The other thing is that it may not be anything that I ate and I might be early stages of a cold. Or, it could be one of these carnivore ‘detox’ phases where my body is able to dump stored toxins from body fat and that load creates a low grade head and gut ache?

Last night I wasn’t specifically hungry but I ate “medicinally”. My eating was driven for needing something to improve how I felt/feel. So…

Scotch fillet steak and two fresh eggs laid that morning, with one slice of Jarlsberg cheese. The eggs weren’t laid with a slice of cheese. That would be some really special chooks to do that. But the eggs, when fried in suet, were laid on top of the cheese that lay on top of the steak. The cheese was the matchmaker.

The people who are metabolically able enough to push the flexitarian barrow (@Shinita may be one) would point out to a restrictive eater like a wholefood carnivore or vegan that the restriction in the variety of foods is a fault, and that once you leave carb rich foods behind the reactions to them will be stronger when they are eaten. The conclusion being that for an omnivorous human that that loss of eating flexibility is not normal nor healthy. To the majority of dietary interested people the beef and salt and water carnivore diet is purely an elimination diet to use as a base to eventually test back other foods and see if they cause a reaction. They seem to think that you can leave the Hotel Carnivoria.

Every post needs an earworm.

Livvin’ it up at the Hotel Carnivoria. Such a lovely place…

(Doug) #353

Perhaps so, but few are as good as that post of yours, Frank. :sunglasses: Really good stuff. :slightly_smiling_face:

(at a sunny winery. Ha! My head would still be hurting.)

Hi everyone :smile:

I decided to start my carnivore adventure on Sept 21st.
Previously did keto for a year and stopped, gained the weight back plus more and then was strict keto for about a month…and gained more weight. :frowning:

So whats my carnivore of choice?
Eat beef, Drink Water and have some supplements when needed.

I stuck to that for the first few days! Yay! I had a week long headache but not really sure if that was just from the giving up caffeine cold turkey as an avid diet soda/coffee drinker.

The last few days Ive experimented with eating eggs, cheese and sour cream / heavy cream.

The eggs…I don’t want. I cooked one with my ground beef and just had zero interest and tossed it after a few bites. Hard boiled eggs are easier though and I had a couple of those. Side effects: none that I can tell.

Heavy Cream… no side effects I can tell. I stay under 1 cup in a given day.

The cheese… UH OH. I had 2.75 ounces and woke up with a headache :face_with_head_bandage: . I was headache free for 2.5 days so maybe I get headaches from cheese?

Meet outside of beef? I had a few pieces of pepperoni and salami and no side effects that I can tell yet.

Pro:

WOW this diet is so awesome! :100: :love_letter:
While on keto (and all other diets or woe) I obsess over food. What I am going to eat, recipes, what to cook, cravings cravings cravings. I obsess. On this…just after 3 days… its gone. The obsession is gone. I feel no cravings I feel nada. What voodoo magic is this?!
This is by far my favorite pro. I can just eat meat and feel satisfied and not care about pizza or ice cream or anything.

PLUS: Weight loss and body changes and energy and no headaches and I feel good!

Con: (just 1)

Leg cramps. Sigh. Since day 2 Ive had severe cramps at night and during the day so bad they have woken me up. Here is where the supplements have come in and some experimenting. I try potassium, salt, magnesium tablet and spray and…nada…still hurts. So today I added a cup of coffee back in to see if the caffeine would make a difference in the cramps (very n=1) and that worked. What?! So weird. Within an hour of drinking the cramps subsided. Odd :woman_shrugging:

Well that is my Slaptember so far and I :clap: love :clap: the :clap: carnivore :clap: diet :clap:

So sorry you got nailed so bad SB! Hope you are feeling better. I know my menapause time was a pain, not horrible tho cause I was starting into very low carb and zc at that time and I got away more lucky than you! Sorry you are going thru all this crap!

Well Happy Birthday KP!!! Yea, you felt the zing huh? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: When we truly eliminate on zero carb and eat this way for a while, when we go bonkers we truly trash the body. It is amazing isn’t it? Cause that would be absolutely normal in the old way of life and now with zc when one does that, we pay the piper! Been there, I know that feeling and it is horrible. But ya know, it shows us big truths! Shows us even if we ‘want to eat a few carbs’ and down a beer or so on holiday/vacations or whatever, WE MUST control ourselves way more than just going all in and paying for it the next day. I tell ya my life is a bite of this or that if I go into wanting something. Like steal 1 or 2 fries off my kid’s plate…take a nibble of some exotic type food when on vacation cause the family is sucking it up and enjoying it…but yea, I can’t go there anymore. I said many times, IF I went back and ate that stuff in a meal I would be in the hospital LOL And you will flip very soon where you say to yourself it is not worth it, you really won’t want it and you find yourself truly just always eating healthy. It really isn’t about full on cheats in zc, cause heck, we zc people truly can’t do it and survive :slight_smile: All cool, you will be good soon.

Hi Z!! Happy you are trying zc and going all in and doing so well.
yea if you need a bit of mag. for leg cramps then go for it, you will be fine. Adaption is tough time for many. We just have to power thru and let the body dump out some toxins, change into full fat adaption and all that jazz and you will come thru it ok. You just eat good!

Just always think eat fresh meat/fresh seafood if you love it/fresh fish if you like it and start your zc journey!!! Eat all you need when you need it. On ZC we never restrict ever. If you need to eat alot one day you do just that. Other days you will just naturally eat less, but always follow what your body is asking, cause if it is hungry it is asking for food to heal the internal body. It needs that fuel to do just that :slight_smile: and when not hungry, it means it is fueled well and it is handling its processes with what fuel you have inside and it doesn’t require intake…so just do as your appetite asks and you will always be ok on zc!! Glad you are doing so well! ZC ON!

sunny winery. you know that does sound so darn nice and fun and relaxing and I am sure you did have a great time!

I love your ‘sandwiched vegetarian’ having to be seated between you guys LOL

And poor James ate pizza cause he was harassed to do just that? wow. See you say cajoled and I say harassed LOL but you throw that flirting and more onto it and yea I can see him being cajoled to eat that pizza. You know my hubby does that when on vacation etc…sometimes he says just eat this stuff this one time, you lost great weight, ya look good, let yourself loose this time and join in with me and I call it pure azz harassment HAHA I tell him, nope. IF I CHOOSE to nibble anything off plan into carb junk land, it will be when and where I want it to be. No one can ever talk or flirt or goad me into eating anything I don’t want :slight_smile: Yea many have tried over and over and they never win that battle :crazy_face:

ZC can be ‘used’ to check your sensitivities easily. We take away all and then add back very very slowly to see if we can handle this veg or that one or some processed stuff like breads and all and what each of those do to us. But one must stay zc a longer time than one thinks before they even attempt adding back…at lease 90 days all in zc. You have true heal time. Got thru true adaption times. If one does this like after 2-3 weeks, most times it means nothing truly. You are jumping your body in and out of carbs before real carnivore can do anything to show more real truths.

But once here I don’t feel we are those who get magic benefits from actually ‘being on plan for real’ and doing like it should find they want to leave this way of life. I know I never want anything back. I feel too darn great, have healed, lost great lbs, feel so vibrant towards life and carbs did nothing but take from me. Take take take my health and sanity in truth. So it really is about where you are in life thru med issues, environmental and more obvy on who stays long term life zc and who will go back to low carb situations. I mean if I could eat a whole pepperoni pizza, crust and all and feel just like myself when I ate a steak, damn right I would be eating it HAHA but in the end how I feel on every meal I do eat is key for my life. It is my focus. I guess everyone has different focuses they want to direct their energy to in life.

Hotel Carnivoria…you know I am singing that in my head right now and probably will be all darn day! :scream_cat:

Key to it all for me personally. How I feel after every meal. I can’t go back. If I do I probably would not even come back to zero carb and gain back my 60 lbs and probably more thru just complete and utter misery of the years I tried to ‘gain control and health’ over my body to the wonderful level I enjoy now. And getting only older now I find that I must go into real retirement age with pizz and vinegar and good energy and more. I won’t go into it needing a darn wheelchair buggy while I shop at Wally World. Or not be able to kayak cause I have no energy. Or no walk for miles on end up mountain trails I want to hike. Or not even enjoy the simple things in life thru ‘having ‘‘old age’’ diseases’ I know I don’t have to have. You know, aches, stiff joints, meds for reflux, tums for heartburn, and all the other stuff that creeps up on older people. I ain’t going there and I will always take zc and a ton of meat and seafood over the other options all the time!

just me on me with zc LOL

-------------------and we are almost done with Slaptember. WOW.

yesterday was

10 oz ribeye steak
4 slices bacon
small cheeseburger patty
few bites tuna I made for kiddo
2 small chicken breasts

I made a mistake. I got all BIG TIME and sprinkled on some sugar free spice mix for chicken on my meat. ugh. I ate it but I also damn near needed a friggin’ tums after it…but I did not. I just drank a ton of water and it seemed to help that. Spices are not my friend hardly anymore which is fine but every now and then I push the spice envelope and try and learn, nah, not a fan.

Live and learn thru our journey is all we can do :slight_smile:
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome each time LOL so with that in mind, I won’t be shaking spices again. It isn’t worth ruining a good meat meal for just that reason. Only thing that made it somewhat ok was I did shake very little. But eh, even that I don’t require anymore, which again, is fine by me. One less damn thing to buy at the store and in my pantry HAHA

OxtoberFest is coming and we zc people will all ramp up and go for it!!

What. I don’t understant the second part (I was awake and 4am and it’s super early yet, not even 1pm - EDIT: oh I get it) but I totally not have such an opinion at all. Restriction isn’t a fault, what an insane idea is this? (Well, I can understand why would someone thing that…) I am an open one and eating a single but enough for the body item is just as perfect as any other that suits the one in question.
I personally need a little variety. Well, a big one during the year… Others don’t necessarily need it.
And my diet is way more restrictive than a vegan’s, from a certain viewpoint. Not counting some tiny amounts, I usually eat a handful of things only while a vegan may be able to choose from thousands of different things. From another viewpoint, yeah, a vegan is a herbivore while I am an omnivore even though the plant matter is very very little in my life on most days.

Stronger reactions are the norm, many people have that, I heard it from paleoers, ketoers… It’s quite natural regarding milk but sugar and carbs in general often works like that too. But there are so many factors. I am sure it matters a lot what we eat with the carbs. And the amounts, obviously.

I wondered about that. I have no opinion yet except no way I won’t taste the fruits in my garden :smiley: But even that may change, very easily. I only want fruits and I want to enjoy them. Eating them may be a stretch. I enjoy bread too, I baked one today. I just don’t eat it and don’t even like it, actually as it has no eggs. A bread without eggs isn’t bread to me :smiley:

I am in an intermediate state, I don’t think it’s ideal for me. It’s totally not, actually. But I have this for now.

Well, guys, I decided to come only once after a nice carni day so it’s a goodbye :smiley: I am torn about the Aussie sweets as I so horribly don’t want them. I can’t even eat grapes now! I would like to eat -100g sugar right now but alas, zero is the best I can do.
So it’s a weird traning. I am a curious one. I like to try things. Things which they are THERE often have a charm. And extra special, maybe once in a lifetime stuff (okay, the sugar is off-putting so it’s not serious but still)? Keeping sweets at home without eating… It’s crazy. But I have no options. I am a hedonist. I want to eat what I desire and what feels good.
I wonder if enjoying them indirectly would be the right thing, curiosity be damned… Alvaro gladly eat them up and feels just as good as ever. He is against sugar but rare occasions are fine. He can’t eat very sweet stuff either but he adds things so he can, just not alone.

Yesterday I underate. It seemed okay after a non-IF higher-calorie day but today I am hungry so I eat multiple times :slight_smile: Eggs with bacon for now, eggs with bacon and fish for later (my meals are tiny again)… And then we will see.
I still drink coffee with cream, I have enough problems without being super strong with that mostly harmless substance. After I run out from non-cheese dairy, I will do some zero lactose time. I have 2 different tasty zerocarb cheeses now and I use even them sparingly but they are fine anyway.
My body is serious about its zero tolerance policy and it’s quite annoying and unusual. I don’t know if it’s helpful or problematic right now.

I thought about fatbombs again but I don’t want those. But undereating is a problem. It messes up my eating pattern. I don’t cling to OMAD, I eat whenever I get hungry without problems but I don’t want to eat hours after midnight as I did last night (a single egg satiated my hunger, second time in my life).

Oh well. Bye, guys, I will come when I come out of this total chaos and food topic addiction a bit.

@zeranity reminded me that meat would sooooooooooo solve my problems but alas, I can’t get it. I try, really but can’t buy enough from even remotely proper sources. My moral things are as damn low as possible, I can’t do more… Well I lack money and that doesn’t help. If I was rich, I would have ordered veal already, no matter that I still would think it isn’t worth it but if that’s my only proper choice…

Sometimes I think I should give it up as I am too poor to try carni but I can’t go back… I am between 2 worlds.

Okay, I stop whining and disappear for a while. I do my absolute best to get at least a bit more meat for November and that will be chill! I do my best not eating meat now to spare it for November but it’s… Not good. Maybe I should just fast for long, that’s cheap and carni… And soooooooo not me.

Okay, sorry, bye.

it is ok. You need to find the path that works for you.

I feel so much for you S on not being able to have a stockpile of meats ONE MUST truly have to get into carnivore in good shape. Without that good constant supply of meat/seafood options this is a very hard plan to even attempt. So I truly know you are caught on that situation and it stinks for you! Sorry it has gone down like that for ya on your shopping meat options.

You are between 2 worlds, and if you can’t stay all in with one plan, then you rotate them out. You do your good keto type plan and have carni days and just see how you do :slight_smile: You are one darn smart chickie, you will be ok and make it all work for you!!

You know S I did that. I was extreme low carb and did zc at the same time. I rocked in and out cause I could not give up carbs, then one day for me I said all in zero carb and went for it. I dumped carbs forever, but that was the way I rolled. But I did both worlds also for like a year or so? before I could find my footing. It can be done and you can make it ‘work for you at all times’ and you can feel great doing it so wishing you the best!!

(Edith) #359

@Shinita, all you can ask of yourself is to do the best job you can do with the resources you have.

(Kellyn ) #360

welcome to the group!

(Kellyn ) #361

I love this! This is my motivation too, as I have seen my mom with her chronic diseases, low energy, and tons of medications seem so miserable through the years. I don’t want to be like that.

Yes, and while we aren’t quite there yet, I tell ya we are ‘gonna be them’, all those we see and hear moaning and while no one deserves bad health ever, if we can EAT to prevent so much, heavens why would we not? But again, different paths for different people. I am knocking on 60 and I need the next 20 to be great, my mom is 92 and not one any meds at all and doing fab…yet my hubby’s mom is like 78 now and she is diabetic, sees every single dr known to mankind, has a kidney specialist she goes to, liver guy, diabetes dr, foot/circulatory dr, respiratory dr and literally she is on so many meds and insulin and feels just horrible every single day…too boot she battles vertigo. My mom can outrun her. From that first day LONG long ago the Dr told her you can correct this blood sugar problem if you eat right and dump carbs and I was all in…yes we all can do low carb and thrive and first thing she did was go to a fast food joint and get biscuits, honey and fried chicken and I saw that writing on the wall fast LOL

I can’t be any of that ya know. I ain’t got it in me. I have a personality that says I won’t go there, I can’t be that person…so I am doing what I need to do for the quality of life I desire.

I mean real med issues are real med issues. I can’t ever say anything but that cause people do have it tough out there with those things, but SO MUCH can be prevented and why the heck wouldn’t we do just that? Well I fall into the category of I am gonna prevent it :wink: come hell or highwater…reason I hit low carb around age 53. Mena kicked in, older age coming and I was a sluggy person when I never was before…and I thought, oh hell no…so I went on a health journey and here I am, finally doing so much better, about 5-6 yrs of tough dieting crap but I made it!

In the end we all choose ya know. Choose right everyone :slight_smile: is all I can say LOL

(Kellyn ) #363

Sorry to see you go, @Shinita, but keto is still a great option. I understand what you mean by wanting to eat what you desire and what feels good. I was that way too, then I became miserable in my own skin. I looked at the health of my mom and decided I did not want to be that way anymore. I have had my periods of being keto and then falling off because I wanted the carby, sugary options. It’s weird though because being zero carb I don’t crave that type of food anymore. Now I did have my birthday crash that started with beer and ended in many carbs, but man, did I pay for that. I am through with that now and focused on my health. Zero carb is the easiest “diet” I have ever done. No thinking about what to eat or how much. No tracking. I usually just fry up some ground beef and when I am truly hungry those beef patties look darn delicious. If I am not hungry they don’t appeal to me. It’s an easy way to know if I am truly hungry or just bored. I eat steak a couple of times a week as a treat, but the beef patties are just so easy and a much cheaper option. All that being said, everyone is at a different place in their health journey and this ketogenic forum has great support for whatever you decide is the way you want to eat currently whether keto, vegetarian, or zero carb. Good luck to you and if you decide to give it a go again we will be here to support you.