“Slaptember!” Challenge

(Kellyn ) #243

I am so glad to see the forums back up. I was worried they were gone for good. I had some alcoholic seltzers and some dairy last week. I gained a pound this week. I was worried about my tendency to get trashed with just liquor. I am back to meat and water this week. Alcohol is a downfall for me it seems. It’s a hard thing to say no to for me in social situations. I drink once or twice a week, but thought the seltzer is 2 carbs a drink, it adds up. I don’t plan on giving it up completely but I need to go back to liquor and have my husband cut me off after 2. I am planning on making some carnivore cheesecake for my birthday this weekend.
I am enjoying fitting into smaller clothes and though I gained a pound, I’m not letting it get me down and am focusing on the 30 pounds I lost. I went thrift store shopping Saturday to find some fall clothes and really enjoyed that time I spent with my daughter hunting for some good finds. I love the cooler weather we are having and am looking forward to wearing the sweaters and leggings I bought.

You are so on that fence S, in that you are damn near there and a ton of space between what will work.
ALL IN ZC and TIME…but I don’t know if that is your path just yet on your personal timeline but I think deep down you are begging to find your sweet spot :slight_smile: and we all got it, but thru the years of experimenting at WHAT point do we say, we know, we just have to act. Dragging my butt of carbs and old favs and social situations and more was the friggin’ most hardest thing I ever achieved in my life, and I need to be here for me!, but in the end, either learn thru those experiences or just flounder.

It is a super personal choice on what we know, what we pretend to deny on that knowledge and all the junk in between as we want change but yet can’t get there. I know, been there and the tough is just super tough as we learn to follow how we thrive and accptance of that is key but very hard to cement into our beings.

I said thru 5 years I was a work in progress til the one day I said, 5 yrs showed me personal truths and then I acted on just that and my life improved.

Just spouting out personal stuff I went thru, take bits and more or leave it all by the wayside if it does not suit you but in the end, the more journey we chat out for each of us the more we show some people the way to work or not work for them maybe… :sunny:

Girl 1 lb is zilch. nada. means zero at all in a long time health journey. Oh yea I know that situation big time :wink: and in the end ONLT THE LONG TERM monthly to 2 months progress only matter point blank. Sodium, weather and water retention, some alcohol when we want it, a spoon of this or that we never want but might do, that lb means 0! You hold plan your overall long term life is fab. Wonderful. Changes come…but never on a daily everyday scale check. Won’t ever go that way for anyone on an eating change so do your darnest to let that crap go…let it go…let it go…FB showed us the princess spinning and dancing and free, for us it is free from any daily scale check LOL

Alcohol is not a downfall but it will slow your progress and IF YOU hold zc strong, you will thrive and changes come, but a tad even slower SO if you want your life to be all you want and incorporate your life and what ya want truly into it, just EAT ZC and be smart and be a tad careful on where that alcohol can lead ya…alot of times people drink and want carbs, been there done that HAHA…but just go with the flow and eat SO DARN ZC well while your body changes and you live fun at the same time.

You got this and I don’t for one second don’t think ya do!!!

and smaller clothes, yes the massive perk of zc and life, we eat so darn well, party up a bit, scale means nothing and we thrive and find our body ‘tones and changes and shrinks’ thru natural eating.

Rock it out KP!! You are so there for your personal journey on this right path I am so happy for you!!

(Kellyn ) #246

Girl, this made me feel so much better. There is no way I am straying from zero carb food. I love eating this way and it is sooooo simple. I can’t completely give up dairy just yet, but my plan is to treat myself once or twice a month. My coworker noticed Friday that I had lost weight. It took awhile for others to notice the difference, but I have definitely been able to tell in my clothes for a couple of weeks now. I held on to all my skinny clothes over the years in various sizes. It’s kind of fun to shop in my closet and see what new item is fitting every once in awhile.

I am trying to find my niche with social situations and having fun, while still feeling my best. I think it comes down to limiting my liquor and drinking tons of water. I can handle the alcoholic seltzer but really don’t want the carbs from it.

Thank you so much, Fangs! :blush: You are a wonderful support and I am so grateful to have you in these forums.

remember also KP if you do ok on a bit of dairy it is ok to keep it cause while your bit of dairy must slow down loss on the scale, if your body is super ok with a tiny bit us zc people do eat on whatever meat or whatever use we use for it, then we are fine!!! Dairy is ok cause that lb you might not lose this week will still be lost 3 weeks later maybe if you just eat as you need and eat as you personally need to stay on plan. I KNOW for a fact when I dump my bit of cheese I lose lbs faster but I just ain’t happy…so slower losses mean more to me than a fast give it up and not enjoy my food losses…and ya know, that was a very hard thing to accept truly thru my time on plan thru the years. We all start with ‘lose the lbs’ fast and that means better health, and it does in a way but long term? yikes we all know it now, never works for most. we rollercoaster over and over and the day I said I EAT FOR ME and what works for ME as a long term eating plan, I got it :sunny: again, not hard to come by in any means thru my misery of finding true health as I required it.

yea drinks will be weird. My giving up diet caffeine pepsi to this day was a tragic nightmare I can truly as effected me cause I was a ‘diet caffeine pepsi and rum’ drinker and in truth I only really liked and enjoyed that so much and I tried this and that, and whatever, and some other concoction but in the end, holy heck it was a battle I walked and you will too. WE ALL find replacements with enough time under our belts and you will do that for sure!

and thanks about supporting you and I learned this all from people on plan who were successful and went long term in that they gave support back and told me like it was cause they went thru it and paying it forward is key but in the end, you guys, newer to an eating plan I am doing always gives me strength and resolve to hold my path!!! Without you guys I can’t make it LOL and I always hope I give you some insights that might resonate or not but more we chat it out the better we are!! and these forums let us do just that!!

food yesterday…I hit the store and bough 1 bag of crab legs they had left. Ugh…guys they stunk LOL Old? Frozen too long? I don’t know but they didn’t float my boat. I was so HIGH and then I sat down to dig in and I was like HO HUM UGH. I was so sad I consoled myself by frying up a delish tender NY Strip steak. Hey I was happy after that. I mean they were just ok but I didn’t thoroughly enjoy them and darn pricey, but it cured my wanting carb legs so now I am over that. Which I am glad I am actually LOL

crab legs and a NY strip steak
1/3 lb cheeseburger patty
few beef sticks

Today I got 2 NY strip steaks to eat. 1 brunch time and one later and pair up with ? shrimp or chicken or burger probably. All good.

Holding my 1 lb down which is nice but nothing more right now and I am cool with it.

I did try on my daughters jacket she wants gone, real nice baseball type fancy jacket that I paid an arm and a leg for cause she had to have it, she never wears it and we cleaned her closet and she said donate to goodwill and I said let me try it on and she said it won’t fit you and IT DID…yea a little tight LOL but I know instantly that if I get my last 15 lbs off me I want gone, that darn nice jacket is gonna fit me and darn if I didn’t put it in my closet as an inspiration, get my butt into that jacket comfortably inspiration piece HAHA Hey something to focus on. In the end I will keep it or donate it but I like it so we shall see how I like it on me later on I guess.

All good in zc land. Just doing my thing :slight_smile: Hope ya’ll are doing great, cause our Slaptember is flying by now and we got October to challenge us…and darn holidays are coming so we ALL GOTTA grab on and hold and start thinking about strategy NOW to keep us in line later :slight_smile:

we all got this!!

(Kellyn ) #249

I have no doubt that you will be wearing it comfortably one day. Awesome that you have an inspiration to focus on.

(Kellyn ) #250

I had a pound of hamburger patties around 9:30am yesterday and since I had a volleyball game soon after work, my hubby cooked me up 3 scrambled eggs for dinner. I had to eat quickly but it kept me satisfied. I got some good exercise as I played with two different teams at our church league volleyball gams last night. That is definitely my favorite was to exercise. I wish I could play it all year long.

great hubby there, a keeper!!

sounds like a very fun game you had, happy you had a blast. feels good to get out and about and move during weird times!

(Patty W) #252

Good to see you all again now that the forums are back up again! Wonder what that was about, hope it wasn’t some vegan terrorist association or something :wink:
Just keeping on keeping on here, steady as she goes with the carnivore thing. Went to the local farm store & got some fat to tender down for tallow & lard. Some for food, & some to try in my soap making. A couple more pounds down from my recent milestone breakthrough. Still loving my air fryer for steaks, once you get the right time setting down, it’s pretty much set it & forget it. Best $50 I’ve spent in a while. Made it thru my workweek (over the weekend); & its been interesting to see how just taking the meat & eating it midway through my 12 hr shift is easy, satisfying, keeps me calm in a stressful environment, & mentally clear. In August, I was relying on the coffee & keto snacks to get me started & keep me going, but this is so easy. It’s only been 3 weeks though so I suppose I’m still in that “honeymoon phase”, but so far, so good. Got a wellness kit from work where you can do a simple cholesterol/lipid profile from home with a finger stick, so curious to see what results may be after 30 days of carni, compared to my annual labs back in June.
I appreciate reading all your tips & tricks, challenges & inspirations from everyone on the thread, so thank you all! I appreciate you all very much! Glad to learn about the oxalate dumping, so I’ll know what to watch for.
Have a wonderful day guys!

Yesterday, I went into work from 10-4, just to get a few things done. Had ground beef, a little shredded chicken, then chicken for dinner- cooked in coconut oil.
This morning, scrambled eggs and chopped up chicken sausages with butter. Coffee and HWC.
Good to go. Working 1-930 today and tomorrow. Trying to keep myself together- with hot flashes, wearing a mask, and 45 days of Aunt Flo…some days are harder than others. The hot flashes are waking me up at night…so I’m getting a little extra dose of grumpy during the day. Sure hope this passes soon. Grrrr.
Well…of to work! Have a great day, Peeps!!!

(traci simpson) #254

My family finally gets me and what I eat. It’s very nice to know when I come over for dinner, they either ask me if I’ll eat something or make sure they have meat!

I wrote this in parts so if it’s strange a bit or repetitive, maybe that’s why.
Sorry I can’t stay away from here and I have many thoughts again.

Holidays will be fine enough… October is grape season (and apple). Well, I tasted a few little balls, awesome but I don’t need it and my body just gets more sensitive to sugar (and if I eat fruit, that should be RED! my grapes are white as I strongly prefer them. red grapes aren’t red, they are blue. my body actually prefers my fruit consumption as a few raspberries a month or nothing at all and it doesn’t want to handle much more. well I probably will change in winter, this topic is still chaotic as I have a very fine and beloved fruit garden, very close to my heart. I need to find consensus between my various parts).

If I could get meat, that would be so different but well, the farm is silent and I can’t buy “normal” meat again and again, it’s against my principles. I will grab some farm meat (little meat, much plastic) or some other borderline okay stuff twice a month or something and that’s it for now. And livers, I lifted my moral things there, I want livers and if I buy cheese, that’s not better morally anyway, just more expensive and less fun. I will use it sparingly but liver is great! I have unlimited fish and smoked pork but that’s not enough. Oh well. I try to do keto on October, I think. I usually do carnivore-ish/low-carb mix lately though I finally managed to have some keto days (carnivore is keto but I call keto when it’s not that) as well. I am learning. I measure my success looking at my average net carbs and my off days and it wasn’t too bad next week despite not even trying. I ate whatever I wanted and saw… My main dishes are carnivore since ages, that’s good, I just need to be careful with the tiny extras and accidents. It will be easier now, beer is more like a summer thing for me and I really don’t want fruits… I truly broke my peanut addiction, it seems… So keeping my carbs quite low should be easy. Theoretically :slight_smile:
So carnivore is my tool to ensure I don’t eat too many carbs on ANY day. Using carni habits on off days helps tremendously. I can’t do much until I manage to buy meat. And maybe it won’t happen this year, I start to give up every hope for the farm. What happened? They always had meat, every month, for years. And they stopped. And I can’t find another farm nearby. I start to think what the hell could I go back for. I surely won’t do vegetarian keto again. But it’s a bit stressful to continue this fun, challenging but still problematic struggle… I feel I need to change something.
But I am very offtopic here. I will survive and probably will enjoy my woe whatever it is at the moment as I do it now. There are a few things I can improve, I have ideas too… I need it eat less frequently, that has many benefits and actually helps when I have supply problems.
I eat more dairy lately, we will see if it works. I am not so much into dairy. I like and need it now and probably will use them all my life but I never want them in bigger amounts. I probably need to go back to figure out how to like fish more… I still barely started to make fishy dishes! :smiley:

I am very stubborn and still want a carnivore November. Or something very close to it. It’s just a month (with very few fruits in season), it sounds very possible if I am determined and I am. But the return of the beef farm would make it zillion times easier. If it stays silent, I do my best to grab some emu meat when we come home from our annual cemetery+aunt visit in October… We need to buy a cooling box or bag until then…

Today I eat pork and fish and the usual other things. I have a very serious lack of eggs until Friday so I focus on the other stuff, like more dairy than usual. I plan fasting on Thursday, that definitely would help :smiley: I don’t get hungry easily lately, to put it lightly. Today I eat my only proper meal with Alvaro around 7pm. It’s 6pm now, I am not satiated but not hungry yet.

I will start to take notes about Alvaro’s eating. I have a hunch he eats meat way more often than before despite he said months ago that he won’t eat meat every day, that’s wasteful and he never wants to be that kind of person :smiley: I ate meat every day but he had no problem with me, oh, double standards :smiley: He probably has a few meatless days a week but he always eats half of the meat we manage to get (a tad less, I eat more from the fatty smoked pork). We will see what will happen in the future… He always loved meat just didn’t eat it, like me (he had enough after many years eating meat every day as a kid. I had enough eating meat every Sunday but well, I can choose the meat now, I couldn’t stand chicken all the time now either). We probably could get used to eating more (it’s very obvious in my case but probably he wouldn’t complain either).

(Kellyn ) #256

what brand of air fryer do you have? I’ve been wanting to get one.

it is great when family figures out that you aren’t going to change and they have to address the issue and great thing is good family helps us in the end like yours!!

don’t expect too much cause truly it can take easily up to a year for many zc people’s test to be truly different. So don’t let this throw you in any way.

You sound like you are loving the ease. I also would flip around on lc treats and ‘other crappy food’ type options to get thru work and stuff and in the end, I tell ya those things just screwed me up. Like you the ease of just eating that meat and getting all that goodness to keep us going is truly a great place to be! Happy you are doing so well!!

Now I am curious on that air fryer…many people say they got them, I never checked into them cause I hate more gadgets in the house but yours is sounding promising LOL

SB So sorry you are dealing with all that stuff. You my friend are being tested for sure LOL but you have such a great personality you sure are holding it together well for all ya been thru!!!

(Edith) #258

It’s nice to see you’re back @Diygurl19! I was just think about you on Sunday when I drove past Famous Dave’s.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #259

Hi guys… sorry it’s been ages. I went back to hospital with kidney infection. Oh I told you already.:upside_down_face:. I have been going through stuff so haven’t been on here. But I been eating Carni…AS BEST as i can!!! But ate dodgy shrimp…:nauseated_face: but been trying new cheeses, new meats. Shinita, I bought smoked bacon to see what it’s like. Cos she eats it at times. I got pulled pork… And o f course I love my eggs. I got Hungarian salami. That dosent even look Hungarian. But it’s tasty and I ate the LOT!!! I still…sorry…Fangs… But it’s almost cherry season. And i love cherry and mango. I can handle some fruits… in lil bits.:heart:. My gut has been super sensative. But i am eating good meat. In fact I should cook burger patties… even if the smoke alarm goes off.:see_no_evil:.

I won’t buy bacon again or only in very bad times and the previous one I actually liked! This last one got an award but it’s not tasty to me at all. But bacon isn’t really my thing, horribly fatty and not as tasty as pork ribs. And the pig farm shop is back and that stuff is the best ~

Alvaro wants pork chuck now. I agree, it has the perfect fat content for me and the taste is nice too… For roasting it will be the best. The ribs are too fatty, I prefer them smoked and raw where the fat is solid but I cut off a bit then too and use for leaner meat. And lean meat just won’t do, even the stew is a bit lacking and that is an awesome method to cook almost anything…

Erm, I stop but PORK! What a delicious topic :smiley:

Welcome back here, Amy, cherry season should be farther away, you can put several nice carni(-ish) days until then…
I don’t talk about my medlar season in December either :smiley:

Apropos fruits. It’s one reason I do carnivore-ish on my strictest days (except my really rare true carni ones, they happen sometimes, after all). I use lemon juice sometimes, it’s a nice flavoring. I go before I start to want salmon or something though I don’t need lemon for salmon, it’s a perfectness with a little fat and salt only…

LOL hey at this point I can’t tell ya to go all in carni cause your guts are very sensitive and you are fighting alot of medical stuff B…but if you keep the carbs very very low and hold good protein like you are doing, well heck a great keto type eating plan is still stellar and should truly help improve your guts and more…so you do what you need…but you truly watch those carbs. You have to have an eagle eye and keep a very low carb plan and you will heal thru that. But being as sick as you were it truly will take healing time for ya, so just do all the right stuff and take care of yourself!!!

my hubby loves this pork chuck cut also. I am not a fan of it but boy my hubby buys it all the time and loves it that much.

(traci simpson) #262

It makes things easier!!’