“Slaptember!” Challenge

(Kellyn ) #202

I wish I had an air fryer. If I purchase one then I will definitely try this. I know a lot of things microwaved just don’t taste the same, so this reheating method may be the problem.

I do hear that dairy can stall weight, so it’s great you are experimenting this month with just meat and water. when I started, I cut all dairy, sweeteners, and carbs. I was without coffee for about 5 weeks before trying to incorporate black coffee. It did take awhile to get used to. I don’t really need coffee, but I do like having something hot in the morning and am finding that I really enjoy it now.

(Kellyn ) #203

Do you mind if I ask what brand of instant coffee you drink? I can’t stand bitter either. It’s why I drink the kind I do.

It varies but now I have Nescafe Crema, it’s probably available in various parts of the world… It’s nice, not bitter and pleasant for me (but again, I drink my coffee weak, it changes it pretty much. water is sweet). I bought a cheaper and less known brand before but the quality changed, even the color and I didn’t even find that it time… I won’t bother with the cheap taste changing ones anymore.

(Edith) #205

Well, just about halfway through the month. I’ve done quite well being fully carnivore, but part of my challenge was to not eat processed/aged meats. That part of the challenge I have not stuck to very well.

I think I’m not going to worry about the processed meats and add that caveat next month.

So, here I am on my lovely business trip. Got my company debit card loaded with around $300 for food for the week. I go to use it, and its declined. I activated as per the instructions in the letter.So, I’m sitting at the office, and call the bankcard company. They investigte and then tell me that the company pulled the funds from my card. They did it to another co-worker as well. I have the phone number for the one of the VPs, so I text him and explain. Now, while I’ll admit telling someone in the head shed…“You’re killin’ me Smalls” is an ill advised strategy for help, I did backspace and erase that before I sent the text. He apologized profusely and set about to finding out how to fix it. I told him its all good…I practice extended fasting from time to time, so I won’t die while I wait. I’ve never met these people before, probably never will. Can’t help but have a bit of fun with them.

11pm at night, I’m grocery shopping in a town I rarely visit. All I have is a tiny microwave. The deli isn’t open. So, I settle for a small block of cheese and some Nathan’s beef hot dogs.It’ll be fine…just finding it kind of humorous in a weird sort of way.

(Polly) #207

Hope you get your subsistence money @SecondBreakfast and find something good to eat tomorrow.

(Edith) #208

Well @FrankoBear, I am pretty much two weeks into the trial and I’m now having oxalate dumping symptoms.

Good for you. I wouldn’t be amused about some misfortune in the same year when the Fridge Nightmare happened :smiley:
Well, I actually can’t possibly know. Sometimes I find strength and peace in me I didn’t know existed :smiley:

Oh guys, more photos and no walls of text this time!

My egg sandwiches are darlings when it comes to make photos of them. Outside, inside… My kitchen has very little light, photos are usually bad there. PORK JELLY is beautiful! And we know eggs and my opinion about them.

The pork was less cooperative, I just show this. I baked the rest longer. JELLY! Again. I probably can’t get bored of jelly for a while. It’s so fricking beautiful and jiggling! And flavorful too.

This is me too LOL
I am finding that my very very few processed items I do eat never effect me negative or anything, so my taking them out and going ‘more clean’ almost backfired on me in a way. It is like I am so ZC every single day for years and I found I truly rely on my few processed meats to fit into my day as I need them. I also am not worrying if I eat some even tho my challenge was to drop them. One thing we never want to do is push ourselves into a corner for no reason. Good processed meats can easily fit into our zc day and they are allowed ya know and if they work for us and make us happy, I mean why dump them and then I find myself upset about that? :slight_smile: I am gonna chill on that part of my challenge also right now. Doesn’t mean I have to eat my salami or sausage every day at all, but knowing I can makes me feel way more secure and calm on plan. I don’t want to upset the apple cart too much with my zc plan for me. I need to get out of my own way sometimes and not take on challenges that truly could work against me. I was having big thoughts on this part of me.

OMG you had me cracking up on this!! too darn funny.

Nathans are good hot dogs to hold ya at least. Tiny micro is it for the week…holy cow you are gonna love your kitchen and stove and all when you get home…you will be in zc meat heaven when this trip is over and you can get back to your own food!

I think those pics are wonderful S…your little egg sandwiches look fab and yummy too!!

One of my goals was to drop processed stuff like my salami and sausage links but I am finding it is working against me in a small way and I don’t ever want that to happen in my zc life. It is allowable good quality processed few items I buy and eat and I find I DO RELY on them in my day if I find I want them so I am not going to worry about this in my challenge this month. I can’t do anything against my zc nature ya know that works for me and try to change that up and screw myself up.

I truly am one of those ‘pair a meal’ type persons and it has worked for years for me. I eat a 1 lb steak but with it I want another meat. Yes easily I can do shrimp or crab or chicken etc. but at that same time, I find a few sausage links or salami or my taylor ham product suits me better. It isn’t heavy meat like my steak and it is a ‘side item’ for me which floats my boat. So I am gonna watch me and not break something in my zc plan that kinda isn’t really broken just to experiment on me a bit.

I have to watch me in that I can ruin a darn good thing if I friggin’ get in my own way and throw a monkey wrench into something that isn’t broken. So I will watch me a bit and put some thought into it. Key is to find the ZC plan that works for you at all times ya know, and I have found it, so I don’t wanna mess with it too much.

And I am fine with all of that I just wrote. I ain’t disappointed my drop all bacon and other processed stuff for this challenge didn’t happen. I am more than cool with it. I am gonna continue to eat zc as I need in a calm and orderly manner for me :slight_smile: Onward!!!

Beef tenderloin later today and not sure on what else. Defrosting some ribeyes so it might just be an all beef day for me. Or maybe a few monster beef burgers? Just roll with the flow of it all.

(Edith) #214

Those slices of salami or a meat stick are just so darn convenient when I want a little snack to tide me over until dinner, especially since I don’t want to have to cook a snack.

E I am wondering how your little bit of exercise has come into play for you and are ya feeling better doing it?

yea, I agree. I also don’t wanna cook all the time if I just want something small, that salami fits that bill so easily :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I went thru the deli long ago and I can’t eat deli chicken, or deli turkey, ham is out of the question and as I proceeded thru all the processed stuff I would eat, salami is the one that stands out for me. And I even basically have dropped pepperoni from my life, I would eat the hound out of it when I started but just thru the years I kept the salami and dumped the pepperoni but not on purpose, just never wanted it anymore.

I have such a small amt of processed things in my life, can count them on 1 hand and I think right now I ain’t monkeying with what food I do need in my day. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Just do me as I need is what I am gonna just keep following.

(Edith) #217

Deli chicken and ham are just too low fat. Salami is not only flavorful but nice and fatty.

yea and for me mouth texture is very important. that thin cut deli stuff is tasteless and just icky to me. I like also that salami has flavor but also doesn’t have too much spicy things added to go over the top. It hits a very even note for me and one I like.

(Heather) #219

@Fangs I am exactly the same way! I find that I need those little extras after eating my “big” meat to make me feel satiated. It seems to top things off for me.

I don’t post in this thread often, but I visit often and truly enjoy reading everyone’s progress.

(Edith) #220

I make my own “deli” roast beef, but it’s still pretty low fat. I will sauté up some suet and pour the rendered fat and suet lumps over the roast beef. That’s pretty darn good and more satisfying than just eating the roast beef plain.

me too LOL cause I am one of those that just fits my eating into this pattern. Great minds eat alike ya know HAHA

oh yea. fresh real meat sliced and eaten…whole different ballgame than that processed stuff! Now you got me hungry VE and thanks alot HAHA, it is only nearing 9am and talking this stuff, omg I want food now :sunny: You just made that sound so delish!

(Edith) #222

Oh yeah. :joy: