Show me your boring keto food!

(Candace) #41

I can’t find these, not even at the butchers here. I’m going to try going to a larger city

(Cathy) #42

Last night’s dinner. Lasagna stuffed bell pepper with homemade ricotta cheese.

(David K) #43

Eating Keto in the Sky Club in Atlanta.

(Kim Cook) #44

(Doug) #45

Kim, that looks so good it makes me angry. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Kevin M.) #46

Tonight’s Low Carb dinner:
Meatloaf, with cabbage and green beans fried in baycon grease with onions.
#LCHF #keto #ketogenics #NativeKetoMan

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #47

I had the same thing @NativeKetoMan! Coincidence?

(Kevin M.) #48

Oh wow,…we have the same place mats too?

(Thomas Yates) #49

Oh Yum!!!

(Cathy) #50

This was very messy to eat but oh, so good! Chili cheese dog.

All this food looks so yummy. Boring? I look forward to meals now more than ever, and not just because I am hungry. It’s the food and all the luscious fats.

Keto food is so very appealing, it is verging on problematic - I wish I could eat more than 2 or 3 times/day. :roll_eyes:

(Janet Brien) #52

We have a wonderful cookbook which I’m sure a lot of you are familiar with, “Bacon and Butter”, and the recipe for cheesecake is AMAZING! We made it again last night (the flavor is key lime!) and both of us are looking forward to dessert tonight!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #53

You’ll have to get to know me if you think I was serious.
I’ve been ketogenic four years and am never bored with the food! Lol

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #54

Sirloin steak fried in butter, jalapeno bacon, and fresh green beans and cabbage fried in bacon fat.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #55

Maybe you could share the recipe? I’ll try and find it online.

I absolutely knew you were not being serious about this food being ‘boring’. It’s so seriously enticing, it’s even more difficult to only ‘eat when hungry, stop when satisfied’. :slight_smile:

Of course being a deep foodie, almost all foods have been a bit too enticing for me… with one lone exception - extreme low fat foods. Blah. Years ago a friend made a very nice looking potato salad - the kind that makes your mouth water in anticipation. Alas, she had made it totally low fat (with that abomination of no fat mayo) and it tasted like dust. Then that old low fat lie - “You can’t tell the difference!” Really? :roll_eyes:

Lordy… that reminds me of once having a slice of very attractive no fat cheesecake. One bite and literally into the trash it went. I felt cheated.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #57

I wanted to be sure. I really enjoy the Foods on the ketogenic diet, obviously, I’ve been able to stick with this for such a long time. When I have time and money for fancy ingredients I like to cook special keto Foods breads candies cakes. But mostly I just eat keto vegetables and meat. Bacon and eggs. I’ve learned to treat food food as fuel instead of entertainment. That’s one of my biggest accomplishments on keto, having control of my Hunger and complete domination over the need to eat when I fast too. So cool.

I’ve been eating keto foods for over a year and enjoying them so much. Alas too much at times because I gained about 10 pounds in '17. I gave up sugar and most starches a few years ago, but I’ve always had a problem with pseudo desserts, and made/consumed many last year. So for the most part, I’ve given those up the beginning of this year. No problem. I have my own permission to eat anything I want, but freely choose not to.

I’m more of a savory food person anyway, so am more than happy with what is available. It’s a decision I’ve made in order to try to lose some weight this year. Last year I hoped it would happen, but knew deep down it wouldn’t since I was eating when not hungry, and eating past satiety. Calories don’t count - until they do. :thinking:

(Jun Yutuc) #59

@Brenda: all your posts looks very delicious! Do you finish those in one seating?

Here is my boring dinner awhile ago.

Egg Purgatory w/ 3 scrambled eggs with kerrygold butter and cream cheese.

(Candy Lind) #60

@Brenda, they don’t pay you enough.
:star_struck::heart_eyes::sunglasses:
Off to do some shopping!