Short Ribs Crock Potted

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

In the crock pot. Will have been cooking 8 hours total when I get home to eat it. I brown them first, otherwise ZERO seasoning. Not even salt.
(till I eat it)

I’ll ADD the finished short ribs photo when I get home! These photos are only the prep.

Finished short ribs. Cooked on high one hour, then low for 7 hours. I only added salt when I ate them. Very rich, I could only eat two. Cooking them plain (covered of course) with no spices or liquid concentrates the beef flavor. The low slow cooking caramelizes the meat juices to a slightly sweet perfection. I fucking love these SO much. So so much.

Fall-off-the-bone tender juicy decadence.

Looks great!

I braise mine in broth among other herbs for 4 ish hours at 290, will have to try this.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Yes. I take the super simple route. The beef flavor is like candy. Amazing.

(Jacquie) #4

@Brenda . What setting for the crock pot? High or low? Do you add any liquid or just the plain ol’ short ribs after you’ve browned them? The look delish! :slight_smile:

(Melissa Feather) #5

I saw this post right before going into Whole Foods - now I have short ribs in my fridge! :yum:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #6

Just the plain 'ol short ribs.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #7

High for an hour just to get it good and heated up, then low for 7.

(Jacquie) #8

Thanks!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #9

Did some short ribs in the crock pot a couple weeks ago. Yum!

Planning to pick up some more at the farmer’s market this weekend, and cook 'em in the new Instant Pot. Then save the bones for broth!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

I could only eat two. So rich!

Looks so delicious!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #12

Crazy good, yes.
Could the recipe have fewer ingredients? Lol

(Adrian Adamus) #13

I gotta tell you this recipe was amazing! When I first read it I was a bit hesitant with putting meat in a crock pot without any liquid but it worked out perfectly. I was at the Korean grocery store the other day and saw beef short ribs for soup as well as some pork belly ends which were also marked for soup, both the beef and pork pieces weren’t the meatiest but were cheap so I decided to buy them knowing I would be using them to make your recipe. I placed the rib segments in the bottom of the crock pot so they were standing on their own and then draped the pork belly segments on top thinking all the luscious fat would melt and meld with the beef. I set the crock pot on low for 10 hours before leaving for work and when I got back I came home to the best smell of bacon/ribs ever! It was unreal! The ribs had browned on their own and the pork belly pieces on top were also nice and firm. Some had fallen through to the bottom and got a bit crispy. I was surprised at the pork belly on top of the ribs as all of the fat did not melt away, and they had some good structural integrity. I ate the fall off the bone ribs and pork belly with a side of kimchi. It was one of the best dinners on keto thus far. I saved the fat that rendered from cooking and used it in a beef stir fry the next day, still have some in the fridge. Thank you for the inspiration! The only problem is that I just can’t stop thinking of the next time I can get to the store to get more ribs and pork belly to make this again!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

I have this same problem.
These are totes addictive.
So happy you enjoyed my cooking method!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #15

@Brenda I decided to try this today! Can’t wait!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #16

Sooooo good! I’m headed to my grocers. Hopefully they have some on sale!

(Jeremy Storie) #17

Dang it! I knew there was something else that I wanted to add to my wife’s grocery list this morning.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #18

Can’t stop eating them

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #19

@Brenda doing this one again.

(Ellen) #20

Never had (or seen as far as I know) short ribs, but these look & sound lush, will see if can find some to try this.