Short Ribs Crock Potted

(Liz ) #21

Definitely will make these again! Even loved the leftovers cold.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #22

@LizinLowell Sure looks like you were able to find a better quality of rib than I did. Yours looks spectacular.

(Liz ) #23

I asked the butcher at the local supermarket & he went & cut us 3 pounds, $18!!! :flushed: but yeah they were perfect & we got two dinners & two lunches out of it so not bad after all. At the time I justified it by reminding myself I had just fasted for two dinners thereby saving $$ :smile:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #24

I’d spend that on these ribs. They are that good. I paid $2.94/lb and purchased two 2lb packages. I’ll have the other one next week after my next 72 hour fast.

Good job on your Ribs.

(Liz ) #25

Thank you! It was my first time trying this & I was so nervous I’d ruin them. Or come home from work to find the slow cooker had shorted out halfway through or something lol

We’ll definitely be doing this again & I’m gonna try to find that same butcher, but now I’m concerned he was a magical elf who bestowed these amazing ribs on us & disappeared back into the forest :rofl:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #26

I’m going elf hunting. LOL

(Liz ) #27

Hahaha! Pics or it didn’t happen :wink:

(Craig Ferris) #28

Can’t wait to make these. Thx

(577fcc16d3bd89133fbf) #29

DELISHIOUS!!! The bones separated from the meat in the slow cooker so afterwards, I made bone broth

(Stacey) #30

I kept the liquid from cooking the ribs. In the fridge, it separated into a layer of fat across the top with the broth at the bottom. What do you do with the leftover liquid/fat mixture?

(CharleyD) #31

Merry Christmas! Threw some St Louis pork ribs and some beef ribs together for family get together this evening.

(CharleyD) #32

Everyone loved them! Only one person out of the 25 or so used the Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce I brought. Everyone other than me was a carb burner, too.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #33

Perfect!!
I had ribs tonight too! Baked this time with low carb sauce.

Local Minnesota sauce, available online.

Nom nom.