September 2021 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

Waistline down to 37". Weight is steady at 175. Will do another 36-hour fast tomorrow.

(Jane) #53

Ok, I didn’t think we were fasting this week but hubby wants to do a 40-hr fast starting tonight so I am all in. We will start after an early dinner. It is getting dark so early now we have moved dinner up to 5:30 pm in order to put the chickens up afterwards while still light outside. May have to move it to 5:00 pm after we go back to standard time in November.

I had an OMAD day, it’s something (I ate very much though). It was maybe a 22 hour fast? It’s okay for me for now. No plans for tomorrow, I wait for more than some borderline hunger just like I did today, that’s sure.

(Bob M) #55

I did my first 36 hour fast in a while. From Monday evening to just now (about 10 am, Wednesday). It’s probably more like 37-38, but I like the concept of 36 hours.

I worked out 1 hour 14 minutes at about 32-33 hours. For whatever reason, working out fasted like this gives me a really good workout. One would think it wouldn’t, but my best workouts have been while fasting over a day.

I find these much harder to do now than when I started. 4+ years ago, I could do 2x36s/week, working out both times, no issues. Now, it’s all I can do to make it one 36 hour fast.

I did get slightly cold last night. I had to get up and switch from shorts to long pajama bottoms. I have restarted taking small amounts of Lugol’s iodine to see if this helps. It may have, though it’s always hard to tell. While I was warmer, I also ate more the day before to “feast”.

I’m not sure when my next fast will be. I have cataract surgery next week, and I won’t be allowed to exercise or lift more than 10 pounds for at least a week or maybe several. So, I’m trying to get in as many workouts as possible. For me, those make it MUCH harder to fast. I often can barely make OMAD the day after I workout. We’ll see how it goes.

(Central Florida Bob ) #56

Just completed a 60 hour fast, from Saturday night after dinner until lunch on Tuesday. I noticed I felt colder on Sunday than Monday. I attribute that to being more active throughout the day on Monday keeping my metabolic rate higher than on Sunday, but that’s a WAG (Wild Ass Guess). On Sunday morning, I did an hour long bike ride and then sat a lot, while on Monday I was working on little projects around the house most of the day.

It’s my first Saturday-Tuesday fast since late July, I think. I did ADFs the first two weeks of August and then got knocked off my rhythm by a nasty injury. I whacked off the end of my right index finger on Monday the 13th on a metal cutting lathe (not the cutting tool, the metal rectangular bar I was cutting hit me). Between getting knocked off the ADF by the emergency room ordeal, then the doctor visit, and the repair surgery, I fasted two days that week and last week. The finger will almost definitely be full length when this heals and there’s a “better than even” chance I’ll even have a fingernail.

I shouldn’t feel myself not belonging, it’s just too many people do EF here :smiley: But I totally do IF :smiley: I am this bubbly as I will have my 2nd OMAD day in row, surely.
23 hours, I am fine but a bit hungry, I won’t like to skip this day (I feel important things affected like my focus) and eating super late isn’t a great thing for me so I will break my fast at 6pm, right now.

But if things go well, maybe I will have a shot at an EF at some point…

I am pleased with what I have now :slight_smile:

(Jane) #58

Of course you belong! This monthly thread is for all fasters - EF and IF. I just think those doing longer EF’s need the additional support, but IF victory’s are welcome also
:+1:

(Jane) #59

Started a 42-hr fast last night after dinner. And woke up hungry! Which never happens…grrr… Must be psychological. Or the fact my cat got me up at 4:00 am and I didn’t get back to sleep until 6:00 am and was up at 6:30 am.

(Jane) #60

Coming up on 21 hours, so halfway there. After this morning’s annoying hunger I haven’t had much since.

Staying busy with lots of online meetings so that heps pass the time.

Oh poor you. Yesterday I decided (on my honor so there was no way back) not to eat until 6pm. It felt safe as I usually don’t feel hunger until 3pm on a weekday and often not even then, my hunger is soft and it may go away… But when I decided and wrote it down in a chat… I got hungry. Just a tiny bit so it wasn’t annoying but STILL. It was before noon! My body usually understands when I am serious and don’t give me hunger signs even at the time when it normally does but not this time. But it wasn’t a big deal. Just odd.

Odd sleeping times can mess with my timing too but I guess it’s not real hunger just the knowledge that food helps with my zombieness. I should never be awake in my Sacred Hours (3am-6am) but sometimes it happens and it can ruin my whole day, my morning zombie state sticks. (I never eat during my sleep time, only when I wake up, like, 5:30am and can’t go back to sleep and actually I slept enough hours so I say okay, I start my day. It’s a tiny meal and makes me more alive. Still, I really want to avoid it in the future.)

My OMAD dinner was very very very satiating. I am very content now. I wondered a bit about eating at all as I was barely hungry but I really felt some problems so my body wanted its food and was whiny. And I don’t want it to blow up.
Why it can’t just give me proper hunger and appetite signs I don’t know but it has problems with these when it’s kind of late.

I continue my OMAD times and wait for a day when I will be perfectly fine even in the evening so I can just skip dinner too.

(Butter Withaspoon) #62

Well done on 60 hours Bob! And I hope you’ll be able to play the piano with that finger.
You can do it Janie, well over half way now.

I continue to do my TRE stopping at 7.30pm. Feels fantastic when I manage it. A poor sleep and a bit of fatigue when I eat late, like last night. Good to notice the difference. Onward and calmward! I’ll eat when hungry today because I did a huge (relatively) strength session yesterday and it’s usually the day or 2 after that my body needs to catch up on protein and hunger.

Keep calm and fast on you awesome peoples!

(Jane) #63

27 hours in and 15 to go with me sleeping 8 of them. Plus my mild hunger from day 1 fades after I sleep so no issues making it to lunch tomorrow.

16 hours so it’s nothing yet, just telling my number :smiley: Last dinner was smallish and it still satiates me nicely (well of course, it’s quite extreme for me to be hungry this early), we will see what happens later. I think Carnivore Satiation Effect kicked in, finally.
I feel I have power to decide the timing of my OMAD now… I wonder if my original idea about dinner OMAD is the best but probably. It makes fasting until the evening the norm, I surely avoid night eating and adding a few extra hours sounds more doable than skipping some late lunch when my body will decide my single meal isn’t absolutely vital one day… My first meal skipping is the hardest, I get out of my normal rhythm, the less hours I have before bed in that weird state, the better, I would think. Then I sleep and get okay again, I so love that… It just don’t work if I go to bed hungry but I never do that. Once I did out of desperation, it wasn’t nice.

I want a tiny EF, only 46-50 hours (if I go over 26, I can’t really do a smaller one than this but it’s nice) already, is it such a big wish? But I keep feeling weak and unfocused when it’s around 24 hours. While I am perfectly fine and even satiated 1 hours before. My body has its fixation on feeding each and every day… But it makes little sense. It is well-fed, it could handle weeks and I only want days from it. Okay, it may be mental, why I blame my poor body. Maybe because it gives me those physical signs. And anyway, it’s an entity in my mythology, who cares if some mind stuff is mixed into it? I am not too mental, am I? :smiley:

Oh well, bigger meals always gave me way longer satiation so I am hopeful now. In the worst case, I continue OMAD, it’s not exactly bad. I just stubbornly wish for an EF since aces, just very very occasionally and a smallish one… I don’t give up.

(Jane) #65

37 hours in and listening to it pour down rain. 3.5” so far and badly needed. But it can stop now - don’t want it to flood!

We had rain in the last days too. It’s finally sunny now, I go out asap!

Nearing 19 hours, wonderful satiation even after a low-meat meal yesterday. Yay.
(To me, almost nothing is triggering but meat can be :smiley: Especially in photos.)

If I eat earlier today and keep my OMAD, I may do some 26 hour fast next… The longest realistic one I can do without skipping a whole day. It doesn’t matter much if it’s 23 or 26 but I like playing with numbers and collecting them. I did 26 hours before, not even a new one but still, the longest since a very long time.

(Central Florida Bob ) #67

I remember a joke like that from my childhood.

Guy at a doctor getting hand fixed: “When this heals will I be able to play the violin?”
Doc: “Sure. This shouldn’t interfere with you.”
Guy: “Cool. I’ve never been able to do that.”

(Jane) #68

Broke a couple hours earlier than planned - no biggie. Made it 40 hrs and feel good.

We may be flooded in so scrapped plans to go out to eat for lunch and I made us bacon and eggs cooked in the bacon grease to break.

Old habits die hard and I was still draining my bacon on paper towels. Until last year when paper towels were hard to come by. Never went back to that.

(KCKO, KCFO) #69

My motto is either IF or EX fasting is a good thing.

Of course you belong here, it says it in the thread title.

I’m doing a 36+ fast currently in hour 39, I want to continue to dinner tonight. I have had a hard time doing longer than 24 hr. fasts for a while now. I want to get my EX fasting “muscles” back. I have 4 lbs. that I don’t want, from stress eating during the Covid era. I get my boaster on Saturday so I will feel less stressed after that happens.

I know just everyone does EF while I just wishing for it since ages… :smiley: I must be boring. But I am hopeful now, it is bound to happen at some point, I am close :wink:

I finished a 23 hour fast today as it’s normal when I have my OMAD at the same time every day. Zero hunger and appetite but my body started to shake some services like balance and I felt some almost-weakness previously so I didn’t wonder about skipping dinner. My meal was nice but even smaller than the previous one (eating leaner today didn’t help…) despite I kept eating after reaching satiation. I probably will have a 2MAD day soon.
But I enjoy OMAD as long as I can :slight_smile: It really works for me now. Convenient.

(KCKO, KCFO) #71