September 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(KCKO, KCFO) #161

Isn’t this thread the fasting circle of LIFE?

(Steve) #162

I’m at 46 1/2 hours, I feel great!
I had a plain old coffee each morning and a half mug of bone broth with salt.
I think I’ll go till late morning tomorrow and break it with some bone broth and eggs.

(Bob M) #163

I find getting cold when fasting confusing. I ate after about 15 hours of fasting, and was so cold, I was almost shaking beforehand. After eating, I was perfectly fine. I’ve seen different theories about getting cold, some saying it’s metabolic rate declining, others saying it’s normal, but I find it odd it goes away so quickly once I eat, and also odd that I can’t tell from one fast to another when I’ll get cold, and to the extent I’ll get cold. I’ve fasted many 4.5 day fasts, and sometimes don’t get cold barely at all or only at night, yet I couldn’t make it more than 15 hours this time and got really cold. It’s like lower leg cramps – I still have no idea what causes them (cramps and getting cold) after 6 years of low carb and 4.5 years of fasting.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #164

I baled out at 23 hours. Some family circumstances created instant stress and that brought on the hunger. The stressor is resolved but the fast was busted. Might try for a 36 hour fast later this week. Oh well, there is always next week.

(MooBoom) #165

Me too- but I read it as a reason to break and eat. Last night I was sitting under the heating vent blasting hot air, rugged up in warm clothes, and my very bones felt cold. I ate, and felt better within 15 mins. It does make me worry I am damaging…something. I’m making today a big eating day as a consequence.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #166

You need to use the spoiler feature to blur out food words, just FYI.
You can click the little gear/settings thing and select that option.

(KCKO, KCFO) #167

Join in the Sept. Zornfast then. Sorry the stress got things out of control.

(Doug) #168

The body does change bloodflow somewhat when fasting and burning fat - much more blood going to stored fat and coming back, bringing stuff to keep the body going. :slightly_smiling_face: Don’t know if there is any constant here - it obviously varies among individuals. If it means less bloodflow to hands and feet, that would be at least a partial explanation.

My first fast was 4.5 days, and in the evening of day 3 my feet got cool, not painfully cold, but enough that it felt good to get under the covers when I went to bed. Heck, I’ll take it… Since then, over 25 or 30 fasts, it hasn’t happened again.

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #169

Can you put your mM (millimole per liter) numbers in brackets next to your mg/100 ml numbers for glucose? Thanks

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #170

34h in. feeling fine.
Forgot my bloodmeter at home :roll_eyes:
one more good excuse to keep going until at least tomorrow morning. (will be busy all evening tonight) though tomorrow at dinner time would be better. I like to pass my school day fasted…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #171

I was more thinking of the low energy bump I get between 20 and 28h.
but yes, extra hours for sleeping are always awesome.

(Steve) #172

Thanks for showing me how to blur
Sorry about that

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #173

Thanks for the Zornfast suggestion. I don’t fast on weekends and Friday’s for social reasons. This Saturday I’ve been given VIP tickets for my wife and me to all VIP events at the local NASCAR race. I’m told the food is really good. Brisket apparently.

(Susan) #174

That is awesome, Eric, have a great time there with your lovely wife, that will be really fun =).

(Steve) #175

Thanks Dave!

No problem.:+1:

(MooBoom) #177

Well I’m off on the working cruise tomorrow, 10 days of trying to pull off ADF under the watchful eye of a weight obsessed 8 yr old! I might switch to OMAD on ‘fast’ days, to fit in with the family I’m caring for a bit easier.
Off to bed for an early night now. Fast day tomorrow!

Yep, a lot of people mention getting cold at times whilst Fasting, and it is strange how it happens when you look at the overall picture. You can do the same thing each time, but it doesn’t always happen? I’ve heard many different reasons over time, but to be honest, it’s not always clear. … For instance, I just simply typed into Google, Why do we get cold when Fasting? here’s the first thing that popped up…

Capture

But I also find that if you keep looking through the results, you will get multiple suggestions as to why it happens. Again, you can follow the same regimen each time, and it doesn’t always happen, so yeah? (For me, I only get it maybe once out of maybe 10 Fast. And this is only slightly as well. But for some, it happens quite often & sounds like it’s a lot more pronounced, not just slight coldness.) :confused:

(Steve) #179

I broke my 65 hour EF with a simple breakfast

I’m wrapping up my first successful 2-day fast in months! Yay! I was hungry last night, but I had some tea with HWC and managed to keep going. I had insomnia pretty good, like the first few times I fasted, so I’m a little groggy this morning, but I’m still thrilled with my results. I’m down 4.2 lbs, which is a huge drop for me over two days. Almost half of that was from an unexplained jump up the day before I started, but even half that is a big two-day result.

I’ll probably break in a couple hours for an early lunch. Whenever I get hungry, really. It will be about 63 hours total. Now for the feasting part. :grin: