September 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #181

I managed a 68h clean fast for the first time in months and managed to break it without a fuss. I seem to have found an ideal rhythm for my brain capacity now that I am parttime back in school…

Monday Breakfast and lunch ('ve got school in the evening) then fast until thursday morning and also have lunch that day(I have school on wednesday all day) then school thursday evening a few hours into the fast and then fast until at least after fridays body pump class (24 to 36h) I really don’t like to lift with a full belly…

@Hardrock_keto_chick getting back in the fasting rhythm after months of struggle is awesome! I’m right there with you. Sounds like you’ve got a good pattern going that keeps you in a routine to avoid eating.

I started a fast again last night after dinner and I’m planning on going two days and breaking sometime on Saturday morning or around lunchtime. My two eating days that I just finished were great–I ate like a crazy person and I still lost more weight after the first day and leveled out this morning to where I was after fasting. No re-gain. Yay! Makes up for the times where I’ve gained during a fast.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #183

I’m planning on starting a fast tonight, after supper. Gonna try for 72hrs. Going for autophagy. Planning on just using KetoAide.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #184

Tonight’s supper produced interesting results:

T0: ISF 67, BG 67, BK 1.6
T30: ISF 64
T60: ISF 62, BG 67, BK 2.3
T120: ISF 71
T150: ISF 62
T170: ISF 59
T200: ISF 54, BG 59, BK 3.6

So it looks like my glucose stayed fairly stable, which I’m happy about. I’m pleased with the ketone increase.

This looks like a good start to my fast. Overall I feel good, just a bit tired (but it is 10pm here)

Just over 39 hrs. myself, but actually brought something in for lunch today, so will break around 41/42 hrs. - Just throwing in some smaller Fast here presently, as I did a 44 hr. last week and haven’t had any issues. But similarly to what some others have mentioned, I sort-of stepped away for a couple months and though I wasn’t having any real problems, was mostly just enjoying eating some nice meals. :slight_smile:

But I did indeed start missing Fasting in general, mostly that empty feeling I’ve come to enjoy so much.

Happy Fasting Folks…

(KCKO, KCFO) #186

At 40 hrs., my half way point. My ketones no. is up, I usually stay near the lower end, but I am staying between 4.5 and 5 MML/L this time. I have started to track GKI and I hit 1.11 yesterday, lowest no. yet on that.

Happy to see others cruising along as well.

KCFO

I’m at about 36 hours and doing pretty good. I’m not super strict and I don’t track numbers like insulin or glucose or ketones, so nothing to report there. Which is good, because all those numbers that I see from others usually baffle me. I hope they mean you’re doing good!

I just want to lose weight, so every day that I’m down is a success to me. Today is one of those days. I plan on going until tomorrow. Hopefully, I get through this evening okay!

Happy fasting!

Ran a little late for lunch, so broke just passed 42 hrs. … Planning to Fast again after the weekend.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #189

Yup. I’m fasting again Sunday after lunch or dinner. Got to get one more fast in before extensive blood work on 10/2.

(Doug) #190

Nice numbers, Mom. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #191

Thanks. My morning numbers were not so nice, but my overnight glucose was good. :smile:

Sounds like a plan, Eric. - I’ve enjoyed getting the two small ones in these past two weeks, and may even look at doing an extended one in the next couple weeks as well. No issues during either & just chose to break since I hadn’t been Fasting, but also no issues breaking. So all’s good thus far. :+1:

Actually, I sort of broke protocol today, being I usually make sure to eat TMAD for two days following a Fast, but just wasn’t hungry when I got home so elected to work in the yard until dark instead. Only got the backyard cut and raked the leaves up and bagged them, but it’s done. Will take care of the front and sides tomorrow, along with getting on the roof and cleaning the gutters and the chimney stack. - Rather get that done now before the weather turns. So if I have time, might even get in a workout on the Total-Gym in? Can’t do any walking on the treadmill, etc., since my hip still has that damn clicking in it. Pretty sure it the hip-joint popping, but have been trying to wait until after winter to have it checked. :neutral_face:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #193

Darn Dave.

@Digital_Dave, that’s not good about your hip. If it’s impairing everyday activities (like walking) you should get it checked now! No reason to suffer with it.

I’m wrapping up my two day fast today. I’ll either have an early lunch/brunch around 11 or wait until I get home from an appointment and break about 1:30pm. Either is fine with me, I don’t have a specific goal. I’ll just eat when I get hungry. I’m down about 1.2 lbs., which is pretty standard for me over two days. I expect I’ll regain about half that during my two eating days. Doing that a couple times a week makes a steady loss!

Happy fasting!

No, it’s really not presently. Just the constant click every left step as if I have a step counter built into my left hip. So I’ve been purposely not trying to over-do-it and resting it up, but I do need to get it checked.

I have that in my knees. They are messed up. It’s especially bad on stairs. Other people can hear it, so it’s a little embarrassing, but it doesn’t bother me at all.

Yep, same here. My son asked me a couple months ago, was that my leg he was hearing, as we walked across the yard with some garden stuff we pulled. So yeah, at first I wasn’t sure if others could indeed hear it, but they can.

(Susan) #198

Wow, Dave =(((, please do, and tell your doctor about your on/off illnesses all summer too, since you will be there anyway. Take care!!

(Susan) #199

Fasted since Thursday evening at 4:30 pm, at 51 hours now, with a goal of going for 72 hours, breaking at 4:30 pm tomorrow =). It is going well, and I will have 2 more cups of herbal tea (plain) before sleeping and probably another 32 ounces of water (my favourite glass I use is 32 ounces, thus that amount).

Congrats to all that are done already, and best wishes to all that are still fasting =).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #200

Starting a up to 72 hr fast. last one before comprehensive blood work from cardiologist.

Went to NASCAR yesterday. First time in 15 years. Was invited to the partner brunch (VIP) and given free tickets near the starting/finish line. Partner brunch had a spread. Stayed keto and all-day snacked some. It is what you do. Still, in ketosis this AM. My wife and I had Zero alcohol and we are both so glad we are not in that culture.

So I think I’m entering this fast set up for success. No work or family stressors anticipated.

Let’s get this fast going!