September 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Jane) #1

I can’t believe it is September already!

New thread for a new month… hopefully an admin can lock the August thread.

Happy fasting! :smiley:

(Jane) #2

22 hours in and doing ok so far.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

Thanks Janie. I decided to do OMAD, I had started a 40 hr. fast last night but not feeling the greatest, stomach is being weird, so I’m doing a meal and see how it goes from there.

I will be doing a longer fast this week, just have to get back in balance first.

August 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)
(Failed) #4

Did a 22 hour fast today.

(Jane) #5

Excellent!

(Jane) #6

It’s more important to listen to your body than force a fast.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #7

I’m planning another fast (or two) this month. One will be 48hr, the other 48-72hr.

(Jason ) #8

My plans were derailed when I walked through the door yesterday and my son (15 yo) had made burgers for us. I won’t go into details for those fasting, but it was very thoughtful of him and I couldn’t just shove it in the fridge. So I ended a 22 hr fast with an OMAD and then started my 48 hour fast again!

(Jane) #9

No biggie! I’ve had to modify my fasting plans around family and social events as they are more important in the long term.

(Jane) #10

38 hours in and no hunger this morning. I usually get a couple of hunger waves around noon and 6 pm but not as strong on day 2.

(Bob M) #11

The second day is usually the hardest for me.

I’m on what I hope to be a 36 hour fast, until after I exercise tomorrow morning, sometime. It’s a short week with the Monday holiday.

I’ve been trying fasting drops even today. We’ll see what happens.

(KCKO, KCFO) #12

Yeah Janie, I did eat dinner, too much actually. So right now I have a pot of bone broth finishing up, I am going to just do bone broth for a few days if I feel “I need something”. I’ll toss some magnesium and potassium into the serving, and see how I feel doing that. It has been record breaking temps here this week so maybe my electrolytes are screwed up, thinking broth this way should take care of that. I’m always good on sodium, if anything, too much LOL.

Once I feel ok again, I’ll do OMAD until the Zornfast in week 3. Will do a 36 hr. fast, have a refeed day and do another 36 hr. for that this month. Being in maintenance, I have to mix up the fasting a lot to make them effective, otherwise I do off the rails on doing one single approach.
I like to mix things up

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

J4son, always good to be flexible with fasting anyway. I’m sure you enjoyed it and it was sweet of him to make them.

(Susan) #14

That was very thoughtful and sweet of your son =). I think most of us would have done the same, Jason =).

(Susan) #15

I am going to start my Fasting again too -it has been a few weeks weeks for me since I was off doing to adjust my metabolism, and very high stressful things going on around the house. I am going to do Sunday night starting at 5pm after that meal and do 48 hours at least. I find it easier to do during the week then on the weekends but stress levels have been high in the house so I was waiting until things calmed down a bit =). Best wishes to all of you on your Fasting this week =).

(Mame) #16

Coming off of the long holiday weekend.

So this week’s fasting day looks like it will be Thursday, 40h or so, Wednesday eve until Friday noon-ish.

Sounds like others are jumping in strong and/or being kind to themselves. So great.

Wishing all a wonderful Wednesday.

(Jane) #17

I hope things are less stressful for you with your kids getting re-settled.

A 48 hour fast is a good place to start since you’ve fasted before. That’s more than my hubby can do LOL - he maxes out at 36 hours.

(Jane) #18

43 hours in and doing ok. I’ll be glad when the lunch smells are gone around here LOL. I should start wearing a nose plug when I fast! :rofl:

(Jane) #19

You know your fasting muscle is getting stronger when you think only 29 hours and I get to eat again!!!

(Susan) #20

You are definitely a Fasting Queen, Janie =).