September 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Susan) #141

Congrats on your 77 hours Carol =).

(Carol) #142

Thanks, Susan, I do love that lighter feeling you get when fasting. :smile:

(Failed) #143

I’m at hour 72 of a fast, unless you count the pickle juice and about 1 oz of celery I ate yesterday.

(KCKO, KCFO) #144

I won’t if you don’t.

Just finished an 88 hour fast. It was the easiest EF yet for me. I felt fantastic today and actually had the elusive faster’s high.

(Susan) #146

Congrats @DeeCS on 72 hours and @NinMD on 88 hours.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #147

@NinMD Awesome fast.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #148

@DeeCS Way to go.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #149

(MooBoom) #150

Do we have a fasting circle on LIFE?

Thanks @Momof5 and @daddyoh! :heart:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #152

Starting my weekly EF now. Planning just 48 hours because of social obligations on Tuesday. I usually eat 3 meals the next day. Going to try to jump into IF the next day if Tuesday evening goes well.

Happy fasting all.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #153

I fell out of the habit of joining in here on the forums.
I want to get back at it.

Currently in at 19h waterfasting.
Feeling okay. I cant wait to get over the hump over night.

Happy fasting everyone.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #154

I say this is banking free hours. I count on it. Glad you are back.

(Jason ) #155

I would join in as well. LIFE seems interesting, but a bit lonely without a circle…

(Bob M) #156

Hmm…trying a 36 hour fast, and I’m super cold today, and it’s only about 15 hours or so. We did a ton of work over the weekend. I wonder if that affects how cold I get? Anyone have an issue where the amount of “exercise” via work on the house (in addition to regular exercise) causes it to be harder to fast/or you get colder sooner?

I had a couple of good days last week and then an unexpected pizza and games night with family on Friday. I had a salad, but it still interrupted my ADF plan for last week. I had to go to a fundraising dinner on Saturday, but I got back to fasting yesterday. It was one of the easiest days I’ve done in a long time. It might partly be the weather. When it’s cooler, like it was yesterday, it’s easier to just drink broth or tea whenever I’m feeling like I want to eat.

I’ve decided I’m going to keep going today. I did really well with a 2:2 day pattern back in the Spring, so maybe I can get back into that. Now that I’ve said it, I’ve probably jinxed myself.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #158

So am I at 19+ hrs. Going to go get in the sun for a few mins.

(Bob M) #159

Good news, Eric! That’s a good amount of time. Sun does help.

Unfortunately, I was too cold. I had to bail. I think it’s the amount of work we’ve been doing on the weekends. When you get to end of the weekend, and you’re physically exhausted, it doesn’t bode well for fasting.

(Bob M) #160

I have a theory that being cold when fasting is (can be) related to what occurred in the few days before fasting. For me, this weekend, I went jogging on Saturday morning, then did a ton of house stuff over the weekend. This included putting our outdoor furniture away, which involves tons of walking, lifting, lifting 60+ pound weights (which weight a bottom of an umbrella), installing something in the house (climbing a ladder, drilling, using a ratchet, etc.). All of this adds up calorie-wise. I think my body goes into fasting mode and says, “Hey! I’m not ready for this! I’ve not recovered from the weekend.”