September 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #81

Thanks!

I think I’ll try a 72hr fast later in the month. Just have to figure out a good time.

(Susan) #82

Maybe the third Thursday of the month Zornfast when a lot on the forum do a Fast, if that works in your schedule. I am hoping to do a 72 hour one then as well.

When is that Cancer Retreat you and your family are going on?

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #83

That’s coming up soon.

Yeah, the ZornFast might be doable, or the week after. Not sure I want to go into a PET scan with potential “low” glucose.

(Susan) #84

No, of course not. Whatever works out best for your appointments and family plans is fine, for sure =).

(Mame) #85

Well I am going for a meal-less Monday! I am on a work car trip for a presentation today, then tomorrow afternoon is my flight to GA. Will do lifting and feed probably before flight…

Started fast late last night 10pm I think. I had quite the 36 hours of eating all the keto foods. wow. Now I will go for 36 or so fasted…

I am still working out on how to balance out the ease of fasting with the desire for free meals due to work travel… It can be a conundrum for me! I may hold off on a meal until my plane lands on Tuesday. It’s interesting how my mind feels like I ‘deserve’ the free meal.

Anyway, wishing all a great and successful week.

I started a new fast last night, I downloaded a free app called LIFE to track my fasts now. Sadly, I basically just did it so I don’t have to count my hours anymore lol. It’s kind of a nice visual though, hopefully motivates me more :blush:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #87

About 26 hrs into my fast. Pretty easy day in regards to hunger. Looking forward to get a nights sleep banked into my fasting hours.

Headed to 60+hrs, maybe 72. Sat with wife as she ate dinner. She is a good cook. And was not tempted.

Happy fasting all.

Started a new fast yesterday at 4 pm. It’s been an easy 27 hours. I am hoping for a 72 hour fast. I am doing a water fast. Trying to keep busy. I did a 72 hour fast last week, it went remarkably well. Hopefully this one will be easy too. My lips are very dry even though I am drinking tons of water.

(Susan) #89

That is great; Rose. I am at 29.5 hours of a planned 48 hour one myself atm. I haven’t done fasting for about a month and this one is going well now; but at noon when I was making eggs for my grand daughter I ate 2 teaspoons of Pink Himalayan Salt to help as that was bothering me! The moment passed afterwards and I have been fine since though =).

That’s excellent. What are your goals for your fast?

(Susan) #91

I was 293 in February when I started Keto, and I am 246 now but I was 250 in June- 3 months ago, so I was repairing my Metabolism as I was in starvation mode. I was Fasting a lot, and not eating enough of my fasting days; so I needed to Eat for a month and not Fast. Now I am hoping if I do a 48 hour one once a week (sometimes 72 hours, like for the Zorn Fast -we do the third Thursday of the month, they make a separate Fasting thread for it in case you didn’t know about it yet). I have goals for Autophagy and to keep the scales moving =). I still have about 130 pounds to lose to be at my desired/Maintenance weight. I am fine with this being slow and steady but I would like to see movement downwards!

I do plan on doing the IF forever like I do now (I eat 20:4 lunch and supper) and I will plan on doing Fasting at Maintenance as well for the benefits of Autophagy =).

Are you doing it for Autophagy only? Or do you still have more weight you are trying to lose as well?

I am so impressed with you and your story. I still want to lose another 25 pounds and I want all the health benefits too. I am fasting 3 days once a week and eating 20/4 on my non fasting days. Sometimes I just do OMAD. I would love to learn more about the 72 hour Thursday fast. Sounds interesting.

(Susan) #93

Aww, thanks, you are doing great too. This is an amazing forum, everyone supports one another and gives great ideas to each other. I love it =).

It is called the Zorn Fast and we do it the third Thursday of every month (they make a new thread for it each time) and everyone that participates posts on that thread, and we cheer each other on. It is for as long as you want to do it. Some people do 24, some do 48, 72, etc. -whatever you are comfortable with =).

That sounds wonderful. Putting it on my calendar now.

(Susan) #95

That is terrific =).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #96

Woot, woot. Glad you are having an easy time Rose.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #97

~35 hours fasted. Hoping for 70hrs or so.

Sleep was sensational. Probably the best fasted sleep ever. I get cold when I fast so I had two blankets. I think that helped with the sleep quality.

Up a little early but that is typical for my fasted nights.

Going to do a little upper body volumetric and stomach crunches this am.

I take my fasting one day (or one half a day) at a time. So looking to early evening for an update.

(Susan) #98

That is awesome, Eric =). Very nice about the best fasted sleep ever as well =).

(Jason ) #99

My son and I were both sick yesterday, and stayed home. I felt a bit better by dinner, however, so ate a hearty meal, and since 6:30 PM have been fasting. I plan to go to Wednesday dinner time, or 48 hours. If I feel great at that point I may go another 12-24; we shall see. It is great to read about your success, Susan, and good luck to all fasters!

(Bob M) #100

Well, I made it 32+ hours with a workout of about 50 minutes. I’ll probably make it around 36-37 hours in total.

Amber O’Hearn posted on Twitter about a study comparing fasting only with low calorie, small protein, high fat, where the latter lost more fat mass. Unfortunately, the study is behind a paywall and the abstract really isn’t one:

https://annals.org/aim/article-abstract/680246/changes-body-composition-during-weight-reduction-obesity-balance-studies-comparing?volume=63&issue=4&page=604