September 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #221

Just a friendly reminder, please use the blur spoiler when talking about food :slightly_smiling_face:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #222

Dave I hope your cold goes away fast.

Thanks, but it’s not a cold, just stupid sinuses acting up. But I’ve always had issues with my sinuses, so I should be somewhat used to it. :neutral_face: It’s still aggravating though. - Presently coming up on 18 hrs. and I had plans to forego dinner and instead walk through the hunting area again tonight. But I also just got back from walking two Levee systems for our Annual Inspections with the Corp. So my leg is bothering me more than I like. … But since hunting season actually started two weeks ago, I want to lay eyes on the property some before setting out in Mid October and would rather disturb the area now and then let it calm back down before I start hitting the stand on a regular basis. (I usually wait till the weather cools down some anyway. Never found sitting in the heat all that enjoyable, but I’ve done it just the same.)

Will probably just do two or three day Fast for this week. :+1:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #224

:ok_hand:

It’s funny, but I’m an ADF failure, too. I don’t think I’ve ever done more than two days of it. I do great with a 2:2 schedule, but for some reason, every time I get to about the third fast day on ADF I’m just dying of hunger and give in by dinner time. There’s someone else around here who’s an ADF failure. We should start a club. :rofl:

I’m wrapping up another two-day fast this morning and will break for lunch or brunch in a while. I’m down 1.8 lbs this morning from the two days, and I figure I’ll re-gain half. Those kinds of losses steadily puts me around 1.5 lbs/week–just where I like to be. More is always welcome, but I have to work at it to stay above a 1 lb. average.

I also didn’t find ADF something that fits me either. Just never felt right for some reason?

Another day down, 60 hours total now :blush:… still not feeling very hungry, but I do really miss eating…

We are planning to break our fast tomorrow at dinner time around the 80-hr mark. For breaking the fast was thinking of starting off with a small portion of roasted chicken with guacemole? It is our first water fast, and I’m crossing my fingers we will not have any major digestive issues…

(Doug) #228

Good deal, MC. :slightly_smiling_face: I think you’ll be fine - just take it easy after your fast with the eating.

This is usually me as well, and others have said the same. I hardly ever get ‘Hungry’ overall, but whilst Fasting just as well. But I usually just start missing eating a nice meal.

As far as what to break with, it always differs from person to person, so unfortunately it can be a bit of trial and error to discover what works best for you. But two things that seem to give folks more problems are Eggs and Nuts. These two are notorious for causing most folks digestive issues when breaking. But again, some can actually break with these and have no issues? … Either one of these will cause me to have issues, but only if I exceed 48 hrs. And I’ve yet to find anything else that acts in this manner. So I’m usually pretty good just avoiding those two.

(Jane) #230

Of course. I edited my post. I believe I divide my glucose by 18 to convert?

(Jane) #231

Congrats on making it to 60 hrs!

I also miss eating when I am fasting. And it isn’t hunger. Just miss food!

(Jane) #232

Starting a 36-hr fast tomorrow with my husband. Working from home this week and have 5 meetings tomorrow so will be busy and always helps when fasting.

(Jane) #233

Cancel that. Decided to fast next week instead due to other commitments

Presently at 36.5 hrs. Have plans for a nice dinner tonight, but only after walking the hunting area some more this evening to scout the remaining section I haven’t seen. So should put me around 48 hrs. Been basically putting in a two-day Fast for the past few weeks to get back on track.

(Mame) #235

That may be me. I think I have only done 2 weeks of successful ADF 3x a week. (and not in a row…)

I will figure it out though!

(Jenn) #236

I’ve been keto for almost 2 years but could never IF or EF. I’d make it to like 12 hours and then just be ravenous and make another meal. Nothing like a 6 month stall to make me want to try again though! I’ve been doing 20/4 for 3 days now and the scale is moving again! YAY. I only eat between 10am and 2pm. Those hours seem to work for me as long as I keep myself busy at night. Just wanted to share because I was so excited. I know it’s only been a few days, but I’m hopeful. Have a nice day everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

(Susan) #237

The Zornfast went well for me last weekend, so I am trying another 72 hour fast this week. My last meal was at 11 pm last night.
I am hoping the overtime has petered out, I have done a lot of it this month so far. I have three scheduled days off, but I will go to bed early tonight in case they call me at 0615 to work at 7. I never used to do day shifts. I seem to have more energy now to be able to do them. More energy to deal with families of clients as well.

(Susan) #238

That is great, Jenn, congrats on the scale moving again and breaking your stall =).

(Susan) #239

Fantastic, Susan, all that extra energy you are getting from Keto! Best wishes for your 72 hour goal =).

Took another walk through the woods to lay eyes on another section of woods off the main road. Then got home and broke my Fast a little over 48 hrs. One more day (being tomorrow) and I should have a good idea of the area I will be hunting. But boy, nothing but extremely steep ravines! Will definitely be a challenge just getting in and out, not to mention pulling something out. … But jumped 3 up tonight.