September 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Susan) #201

Awesome, Eric, I am glad that you had so much fun, good luck on your fast.

I am at 74 hours on mine atm, was going to break 2 hours ago but I am sick so would rather not eat atm.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #202

Susan,

I hope you get well soon. Thanks for the encouragement.

(Susan) #203

Thank you, Eric, I am hoping that after a good night’s sleep tonight I will feel better =).

(Failed) #204

I hope you wake up tomorrow morning all well.

{{{Susan}}} <- supposed to be hugs

(Susan) #205

Thank you, Dee. I finished at 75 hours; I had a hard boiled egg at 7:30 then I prepared and ate re a red pepper I sliced up, added cream cheese to it and wrapped it in bacon in the oven, and a nice herbal tea with some HWC. I think I am just over tired, so I think I will be okay tomorrow.

(Failed) #206

Congratulations!:tada:

(Susan) #207

Thanks Dee =).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #208

25+ hrs in and headed to the free bank your sleep hours. Just a tiny bit of hunger today. I think my body was / is ready to fast.

Going for ~70 hrs.

(Susan) #209

That is great, Eric, best wishes for meeting your goal =).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #210

Thanks Susan.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #211

Hello Team Fasting,

36+ hrs and going strong. I feel like my fasting muscle is going to treat me well today.

My lowest non-fasting weight was 188 a week or two ago. Yesterday day morning at about 10 hrs fasted it was 191.6. I’ve had some unusual eating patterns lately and that may be part of it. But I have stayed in ketosis.

This morning at 34 hrs fasted 186.6. So down 5 lbs in 24 hours. I’m guessing my body was hanging on to some fluids till I got in the middle of this fast.

Here is hoping you all have a great fast this week.

Well, I ended up having to leave work just after a couple hours yesterday, since the dealership needed to keep my Son’s vehicle for a leak issue he was having them look at. But he also needed a ride so he didn’t have to sit up there all day. … So I just went back home for the day, since it’s over an hour ride for me to work. But I had a bite to eat around mid-day, so I’m presently coming up on 20 hrs. Not sure if I will eat something tonight, or just keep rolling with it? Had ended up taking him back to the dealership late yesterday evening to pick his vehicle back up & didn’t get home until going on 7pm, so I decided to abstain since I don’t like eating late. Thinking to use this opportunity to simply put in another Fast. :slight_smile:

I’m on my second day of my first longer fast, currently 32 hrs in. I feel good but miss eating. Aiming for 80-hrs total…

I had to freeze 3 super ripe avocados (they cldnt wait any longer) which broke my heart :triumph:

I’m about 36 hours in to my two-day fast.

I did pretty well yesterday. Late in the evening, I had a nightcap, because I’ve been having trouble getting to sleep while fasting the last few days. I’ve done this before and it’s all been fine, but yesterday having a drink really bothered my empty stomach–like when you drink too much black coffee or take an aspirn on a empty stomach. Ugh. I ate about 2 oz of cooked chicken that I had in the fridge and that fixed the problem. It’s not a perfect fast, but it’s about 100 calories, so I doubt it had a huge effect on my insulin and certainly not on my weight loss. I’m down 1 lb. this morning from yesterday, which is good.

I’m feeling good this morning and should do just fine through tomorrow. I was going to my book group tonight and I was trying to figure out how to fast through that. But I’m going to have to cancel for some other reasons. Now I can just keep fasting without worrying about whether my friends notice I’m not eating anything!

Edit: Forgot to blur food reference. Sorry!

(Susan) #215

I wish you all the best in your fasting goals =). I always found I felt really ill if I had any alcohol on an empty stomach, like always, pre-Keto. I think that is just the way alcohol is for some of us. Congrats on the 1 pound loss so far =).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #216

Broke my fast at 47 hrs. A day early. stomach was a bit sick. I think I might have had too much coffee today. But dinner was nice with just the wife. Had some challenges post break but not real bad.

Now to do IF up till my blood work on Wednesday next week.

(Susan) #217

Awesome, that is terrific, Eric, congrats on the 47 hours.

Ended up just doing a little over OMAD since I’ve had slight sniffles today, but also kept tasting that ‘infectious’ taste that sometimes accompanies sinus congestion. Which drives me nuts sometimes. So I ran out and got a Hot Coffee and decided to eat something, reboot, and I’m back at it.

It’s morning of day three here (had eggs and bacon as last meal in the morning of day 1) so am about 46 hours in here.

Still feel good, not too hungry but I do feel a little brain foggy? I am not working at the moment so can take it easy today :slight_smile:

Happy fasting !

(Carol) #220

I confess I am a complete failure when it comes to ADF. This would have been the perfect week for it as I have no Friday plans for a change. So, I started with meal-less Monday and today wasn’t really hungry so…and tomorrow I will be from home so it is an easy day to fast. I’m not complaining or unhappy, it’s just that I’ve done all lengths of fasts except ADF. I guess it gives me a goal to shoot for. :slight_smile:

It looks like everyone is doing really well this month!