September 2018 ZornFast

I’m out today. My problem is that pernicious diet mindset that’s been creeping back into my head and igniting all sorts of stuff. Good luck, everybody. I have to regroup somehow. Thank you for being here. :rose:

(KCKO, KCFO) #102

62 hrs. in I did have a few last night, Couldn’t believe my salt and broth wouldn’t work, so I tried a few nuts and now I am carrying on with this fast. Hmacadamia nuts oping to put off a refeed meal til at least Sunday morning.

I have found a project to keep me busy, I have some jeans with Peace and Love patches, they finally have bit the dust, so I want to put those on other items, lots of ripping of seams will be involved. I don’t sew, so putting them on other items will be a real challenge for me.

59 hours in. Only Water and black coffee. Feeling good.

62 hours in. I feel good right now. I slept a litter later than normal. I am not sure if it’s the fast or the flu shot I had on Thursday. I’m off to binge watch some TV to keep my mind off food.

I’m just under 60 hours in, and was considering tapping out at that point. (I was feeling poorly.) But I added some cream to my coffee, and have perked up a little.

So.

My unstated goal was to get significantly past 48 hours, which seems to be “about it” for me, at my current weight.

I’m headed to the fridge right now for some bone broth spiked with bullion which adds salt. (And flavor!) Magnesium and Potassium helps too.

(KCKO, KCFO) #106

Working on hr 65 still good to go. I went to a new butcher’s shop, along with somethings best not mentioned in a fasting thread I found this awesome smoked flaked sea salt. Falksalt, Swedish co. in business since 1830.I am in heaven salty heaven right now.

I never really noticed how many food commercials there are on TV until fasting. It seems like every other one. Followed by one for a diabetes medication. Coincidence?

(KCKO, KCFO) #108

Me thinks not.

(Lonnie Hedley) #109

67 hours. I’ve gotten nothing I wanted done. About to shower, then fasted yoga.

Feeling good enough I’m sure I’ll make 90 hours, but finding I lose a lot of motivation to get anything done on longer fasts.

(KCKO, KCFO) #110

I go the exact opposite. I catch up on house cleaning, yard work, reading books & watching movies I don’t have time for normally. They all keep me focused on something besides eating. Today, I removed some favorite appliques I had on a pair of jeans that have bit the dust, I’ll be sewing those on other items later.

Yup. I’m with you @collaroygal. Whether I deserve it or not… I receive abundant energy, optimism, clarity… I get all that, even if I supplement with a few healthy fats.

I wish I had this abundant energy everyone talks about. I feel good…just not extra energetic. Maybe that comes with time?

Or maybe the abundant energy is mostly just “above my ears”… much like a placebo. Once I feel good, I feel more like doin’ stuff.

No matter. Its real to me.

(Lonnie Hedley) #114

69.5 hours. Yoga said I needed some assistance. Picked up some sparkling mineral water. Only during a fast would I ever buy this.

Placebo or not if you feel great…yay! :smile:

(Hoby Bradfield) #116

I find that sparkling mineral water helps quiet tummy rumbles some…

(Lonnie Hedley) #117

Walked the dog from hour 72 to hour 73. My bed will soon be calling, then hopefully smooth sailing to the 90 hour goal.

(Garrell Herndon) #118

60 hours was all I could do. Happy with that.

(Lonnie Hedley) #119

87 hours. Headache. Down 8.2 lbs.

Going to take some salt and sparkling mineral water and prepare for feasting.

84+ hours. Down exactly 5 lbs! I am feeling good this morning. I could probably go another day but I am ready to feast! Im planning on a late breakfast :wink: