Sept. 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

conversationstarters
fasting

(back and doublin' down) #121

This! I miss the extended fasting feeling and am getting frustrated at my (perceived) mental block going on. I think “ok, let’s start a fast” and then another part of my brain goes Noooooo, you’ll be hungry. Ugh! Where’d my fasting muscle go? I’m going to try for 36, plan to eat tomorrow lunch. Will do BPC this morning and tell myself I can have broth tonight if I need the crutch. Will have time to hang out in the forum, which always seems to help. So thankful for this thread!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #122

I absolutely know the feeling you’re talking about. I had that for MONTHS on end.

I had to figure out my mental blocks I had going on. I was unconsciously believing that I was not worth the health, the weightloss and the vitality…

I had to dig at the root cause to get to the point I could do it again.
Just never forget to be kind to yourself, be mindful of your thoughs, reframe anything negative, KCFO :heart:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #123

Every time I see the girls in the gym hop on the scale before their workout I die a little on the inside, knowing that they will do it again after their workout…
I feel so horribly sad for them…

Agreed. Presently at 42.5 hrs. so yep, have that tingling sensation and have for most of the day so far. Where your mind starts racing around, just looking for things to do. :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #125

And the moment you brain starts to want to type faster than humanly possible and you end up having to rewrite stuff :joy:

1. FunTone workout was badass…

NSV: I put the step Bord up a level and powered trough, when I thought I couldn’t…

Ahhh that sense of accomplishment. Now excuse me I need to crawl back home XD…

(Allie) #126

I’m just plodding onwards happily on my IF regime while being happily impressed by the amount of muscle I can see I’ve developed recently… :grinning:

This too! … Fingers get faster then the keys can take it seems. :smile:

(Hoby Bradfield) #128

Currently at 48 hours of a planned 72 hour fast… I have had several waves of hunger today… mostly around meal times… but carbonated water seemed to help some.
Tonight, I have to start my preps for this little blow off of the east coast. I have a lot of stuff staged already,but I need propane for the grill… I’m not worried much about losing power… if the freezer thaws, or the food in the fridge spoils, no worries… I can always fast for a few days to make my stored food supplies last longer! Lol

Actually going to break tonight at 48 hrs. since I have a few things I bought and it won’t stay fresh that long. Plus with the hurricane we have coming, I’ve been prepping my staff for this event, and it might mean working some long shifts. (Which I could also fast a few days on) So my thought is to eat tonight through Thursday and play it by ear over the weekend. (But presently it looks like it may hit more south of us, but I’m pretty sure we will be getting something out of it even if it does)

(back and doublin' down) #130

Be safe! You too @cg68doc The thoughts on being able to fast and not being worried about food made for a good laugh! That’s the hurricane spirit!

I made it 24 hours with no problem. Even got a walk in, almost 2 miles.

@Hardrock_keto_chick Claudia, you are spot on about the mental blocks and digging down to really get them resolved. Had some positive self talk conversations with myself today about my reasons for sticking with it and allowing my body to heal on its own time as I give it the fuels it needs to do that!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #131

73h. Teenie tiny headache… other than that I feel amazing.

We are having the probably last hot day this year (still moderate 27°c though)

For once in my life I would be very happy if the fasting cold would set in, which it doesn’t.
stuff like that never comes arround when needed :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #132

Just finished 96 hours. 3 of the 4 days I taught English to little ones, and soccer on the day with no class. I felt great! I had a lot of energy and felt like I was doing a better job as a teacher.

Thanks, will sure try. Though presently it appears it may be hitting inland further south from us now, but you never can tell what a storm of this magnitude decides to do. But I’m hoping it dies down some before hitting land.

(Allie) #134

@Digital_Dave stay safe :heart:

(Hoby Bradfield) #135

Finishing up a 72 hour fast tonight. I put a Pork butt in a crock pot this morning before going to work… and the aroma when I walked in the door fired up the hunger… but I can deal with it. I could go farther, but I met my goal. Next fast will be 96 hours… gotta build those fasting muscles!
I have noticed that it is more of a mental struggle than actual hunger… though today, my stomach has been growling all day… which is a strange sensation… a growling belly and no hunger…

(chad) #136

So when fasting why doesn’t your body go in to starvation mode. I’ve tried IF for 23hrs and working out during lunch and had no weight loss ( i ate about a 1000-1200 calorie meal for dinner) I did this for about 5 days. also I ate 2000-2500 calories included in about 3 meals a day and had the same results.

Tonight my wife is at a work dinner some I’m gunna try a 48hr fast to see if it makes a difference.

I’m looking for weight loss and have been stalled out at 326 for about 3 weeks. I’m on about week 5 or 6…what should I do

Thanks, Allie. I hope every is able to safe with this one. :slight_smile:

(Hoby Bradfield) #138

Hey Chad, Have you listened to any of the 2KetoDudes podcasts? They did a series with Dr. Jason Fung, and he discusses this in pretty fair detail. He’s a whole lot smarter and more eloquent than I am… he has yhe answer to your question. He also explains it in his book “The Obesity Code”…

(chad) #139

ive never really listen to any podcast. where do I do that at

(chad) #140

so you know which episode I should listen to